HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Blistering Hulls and stress fractures

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rabbits Hutch

City/Region: Seal Beach, CA
State or Province: CA
Vessel Name: Rabbit's Hutch
Photos: Rabbit's Hutch
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:33 pm    Post subject: Blistering Hulls and stress fractures Reply with quote

Hi All,

While shopping for a used 22', I've encountered some 2001 and 2002 hulls, used in fresh water only, that have had blisters in the hull requiring professional repairs. Is this common or unusual?

Also, one of the boats, a 2001 hull as I recall, had a very noticible stress fracture where the cabin housing joins the lower hull. Is this also a common find?

Look forward to some feed back.

No doubt shopping for a used 22' is not as pleasant as I would have hoped. I'm almost forced to purchase a new 19' as my budget is only about 32K. If anyone has a 2002 or 2003 and wants to "donate" it to me for $30k or so, please let me know Razz

Gary R.

rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Blistering Hulls and stress fractures Reply with quote

Rabbit's Hutch wrote:
Hi All,

While shopping for a used 22', I've encountered some 2001 and 2002 hulls, used in fresh water only, that have had blisters in the hull requiring professional repairs. Is this common or unusual?

Also, one of the boats, a 2001 hull as I recall, had a very noticible stress fracture where the cabin housing joins the lower hull. Is this also a common find?

Look forward to some feed back.

No doubt shopping for a used 22' is not as pleasant as I would have hoped. I'm almost forced to purchase a new 19' as my budget is only about 32K. If anyone has a 2002 or 2003 and wants to "donate" it to me for $30k or so, please let me know Razz

Gary R.

I can't speak to the blister issues as I haven't seen them. I did have what appeared to be a stress fracture where the the cabin housing bulkhead joins the hull but only the bulkhead - e.g. in the cockpit area. When I had the boat in to the factory, they told me that this was due to glassing over a sealant and they repaired it free of charge. I can say that my boat has taken a beating by my impatience of pounding over chop on the way to and from fishing (mostly to, I'm never in much of a hurry to get home unless I'm way far behind the time that I told my sweetie I'd be home).

Roger on the SeaDNA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: