The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Wallas stove replacement options
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WCF

City/Region: Central
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starcrafttom wrote:
Quote:
I mentioned the exhaust/intake only because this is the reason the Wallas exhaust/intake is designed the way it is, and the reason it is not compatible with the china heaters.

The wallas and the chines versions are identical...

Except they aren't. The Wallas appliances I have owned have the exhaust and intake in one double wall pipe. The Chinese heaters use two separate pipes, and I have never seen any other design for those parking heaters.

This is literally the only point I was making: You can't connect a Chinese diesel heater to a Wallas double wall pipe and through hull. This is what the original poster was asking about in one of their follow-up questions.

This should not be controversial.
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so to be clear, and I was not earlier. I was comparing a espar under the counter heater only to the chinese copies/ clones/ rip offs. They are far cheaper and work well. They are a direct copy. 4 openings. One for combustion air intake, combustion air outlet, fresh air intake and fresh now heated air outlet. Orignally designed and mostly used in vans, truck, campers etc where the inclosed spaces are far more air tight.

Not to be confused with the almost completely worthless ( i had two) wallas heater/stove mounted in the counter top. I do believe, its be a while, that you are right about the pipe in a pipe intake exhaust. That is not what I was referring to when I said you can use inside air pick up for the combustion air, which will dry out the cabin. I have no experience with Wallas stand alone heater and how they are rigged. I should have been referring to the espars and the knock offs, which both work great.

I don't mind knockoffs , more mad that they did not knock them off until after I spent a 100 buck to have heat.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: