View previous topic :: View next topic  
drbridge

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Susan Marie
Photos: Susan Marie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:14 pm    Post subject: PNW Current Chart App Reply with quote

So, I just came across this current chart app for San Juans and Gulf Islands. It is the same info that is in the Waggoneer current tables in a phone app. Cost $20 and gives you Current data with or without internet and the one time fee covers you forever. Or at least as long as their in buisness. Worth it to me because I don't have to go fumbling around through awkward books to get the info. Much easier to just look at my phone and less stuff to pack. Also don't have to buy a new table every year. Maybe some of you already know about this, but I haven't heard about it until now. Just thought I would pass it along.
https://tinyoctopus.net/Newsroom/PNW-Current-Atlas-App-available-now

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using the book and the yearly updates, which are available for free online if you want to print them.

I have used this app last year and I like it but it does not zoom very well. other then that its great. Some of the text at the bottom of the screen is not fully reada ble. the window is smaller then the text. I sent a complanit in to them and they were working on it, that was 8 months ago and I have not used it since. I will take a look again at it.

Just looked and it still does not show the whole date and time. You can figure it out but ...

As far as the info regardless of the formate is the best thing you can learn to use. Using this info and tide apps will teach you the differents between tides and currents. Best tool for fishing and shrimping.

drbridge I do not think this is the same info as waggoneer unless waggonner is copying it. I thought waggoneer was tides or is it both? This info comes from Canadian Atlas of Tidal Currents https://charts.gc.ca/publications/atlas-eng.html

drbridge

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Susan Marie
Photos: Susan Marie
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2023 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got this the other day and haven't used it on the water. I seem to be able to zoom OK, good enough to see what it is showing.
Entire date shows clearly on bottom left and if you tap it calendar appears to select different date. Time shows clearly on bottom right and if you click on it you can select different time. It looks the same as Waggoner and seems to match up with what they are showing, so I am just guessing they are both getting data from the same place.
I am using Android system. Did you try doing an update on yours.
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i updated and everything works but the you cant see the whole date and time but its useable.
skiptowns98033

City/Region: Cornet Bay
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Plan C
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.dairiki.org has some current tables as does Deepzoom.com. Not sure of Canadian coverage, I use it for getting in and out of Deception Pass and currents for shrimping "out there"
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deepzoom is my favorite website for planning. great tools including routing but its only on the computer... or do they have an app now?
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starcrafttom wrote:
deepzoom is my favorite website for planning. great tools including routing but its only on the computer... or do they have an app now?

Interesting website. Never heard of it before.
Schuster

City/Region: Port Orchard
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Witch
Photos: Sea Witch
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2023 11:44 am    Post subject: Deep Zoom Reply with quote

StarcrafTom, I was just looking at the DeepZoom website and really like it. As long as you can use your computer its a good source for nav planning. I rely on my Garmin Chartplotter as it has a wealth of info, but you always need a backup plan. I'd like to see DeepZoom on an app.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: