View previous topic :: View next topic  
pcg

City/Region: Sherwood
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Quest
Photos: pcg
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:59 pm    Post subject: helm seat mount Reply with quote

I bought a Tempress Probax helm chair and I'm wondering if I should mount it on a slide so my wife can move the chair forward a bit when she's piloting. I have yet to build cabinetry so I have room to do this, but I'm concerned that the control handle on the right side of the seat might interfere with motor controls. Has anyone done this? How useful is it? What about swivel capability? I'm currently looking at Garelick sliding chair mounts 75081 and 75090.
Thank you!

Safetythird

City/Region: Hopkinton
State or Province: MA
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO, I would definitely add a slide, because piloting something where most things are a stretch is unpleasant at best.

Can you simply reverse the slide so the handle is on the left? In other words, mount it backwards? It shouldn't matter, unless it's part of the chair. Although a full swivel would compensate for said rotation.

Swivel seats make ingress and egress easier (IMO). It's up to you if it's worth it.
srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCG,
When I put a new "off the shelf (from Tractor Supply) seat" in my boat, I had the same issue. I removed the rubber covering from the adjustment leaver and cut the rod back, then put the rubber leave back on, so that is was not an interference.
The seat that I purchased folds forward, has adjustable arm rest and slides fore and aft.
http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=Cape-Cruiser-26-Projects&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
Clewless

City/Region: Ashland
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Clewless
Photos: Clewless
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed the Garelick 75090 Swivel With Slide and enjoy both the slide and swivel—the Admiral does as well. I didn't have to modify the handles (installed on 86 Angler). It just took a bit of care locating the position because the clearances are very close. I especially like the swivel so I can turn to face inboard when at the dock or at anchor.
pcg

City/Region: Sherwood
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Quest
Photos: pcg
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clewless wrote:
I installed the Garelick 75090 Swivel With Slide and enjoy both the slide and swivel—the Admiral does as well. I didn't have to modify the handles (installed on 86 Angler). It just took a bit of care locating the position because the clearances are very close. I especially like the swivel so I can turn to face inboard when at the dock or at anchor.

Thank you. Exactly what I was hoping to hear!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: