The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/11 - 05/14 - OFFICIAL 2023 Friday Harbor CBGT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan and I are planning to launch Thursday afternoon some time and head to James island for the night. We welcome anyone to join. Then on to Friday harbor on Friday after some fishing.
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter and Judy, I'm sorry that a usually fairly routine customs check-in was such an unnecessary hassle. But I'm glad you're determined to clear U.S. Customs nonetheless. I've always gone to Roche for customs, and I wonder if they plan to reopen there this season. I imagine they figure CBP ROAM suffices as a replacement. That, and Friday Harbor.

Pat and Patti, I'm really sorry you can't make it this year. And for the first time in about 18 years. My guess is you held the C-Brat record. I hope to cruise with you later this year, and see you at FH 2024 for sure! I'll be in touch.

Sandy, like Jay, I'd hoped you could attend because I also wanted to hear tales of your Vancouver circumnavigation. Next time for sure. And Jay, it'll be good to see you after about five years as well. I believe you have an adventure or two to share!
Catch 22

City/Region: Lynnwood
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Catch 22
Photos: Catch 22
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom, My brother in law and I are leaving Edmonds at about 1:30 on Thursday. We plan to go to Deception at least, but if weather is nice will most likely end up on James that night too. Looking forward it.
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin that would be great. Love to see all of you. I think paul is also coming with us on his 22.
starcrafttom

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if Eagle harbor is full the small bay just to the south around the jetty has morrage balls and is a good shallow ( 25 ft) anchorage. Its better then eagle if wind is out of the south east. http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?full=1&set_albumName=album52&id=eagle_harbor&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php
Peter & Judy

City/Region: Olds
State or Province: AB
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Mistaya
Photos: Mistaya
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They let us in. I am sitting at the dock in Friday Harbour legally now. Yesterday we went to Roche Harbour to check in through US customs and faced an automated system and a phone that didn’t work. Our application to enter was declined and we had to cross the border back to Bedwell Harbour for the night staying at the
Poets Cove Marina so that could get internet and try to determine how to get into the US by water. Friday Harbour has actual people to help with customs and the agent was much more friendly than the App. He walked through the system and let us in. We will be looking forward to the gathering and will spend the next few days boating around the islands here. If you see us “Mistaya” a C-Dory with two kayaks on the roof, flag us down.

HMCB Mistaya
"Mistaya" (Grizzly Bear in Cree)
HMCB (Her Majesties Cute Boat)
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Traveler, SeaSpray and Dora~Jean arrived. We're docked at the top of L at Cap Sante. I'm still likely heading out to Cypress Island tomorrow around 10. The other two may head over to Sucia Island. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and will be pulling into Friday Harbor sometime early afternoon on Thursday. Had an uneventful drive up from the California Delta trip. Well until I tried to find a Love's Truck Stop showing on my app in the Port of Tacoma. Not sure WTH happened, but I was following my maps, and the next thing I know I'm looking at a 25% incline. No kidding! I turned the corner to see a hill sign showing 25% and had to crane my neck to see the top of the hill about two blocks away. Too late, gun it. Fortunately my balls (Trailer...Mr. Green) held and the Ford's 5 liter made it. Colby
Full Circle

City/Region: Montrose
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Full Circle
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Sprite is here at Cap Sante, also, on the far end of L dock.

I drove out from Montrose, Colorado in 2 days, arriving here Sunday afternoon. Spent Sunday on the boat in the RV campground here, launched yesterday, and am ready to join you for the run to Eagle Harbor tomorrow.

Underway on America's Great Loop
Pelican

City/Region: Port Townsend
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife Vivian and I are heading to Friday Harbor tomorrow from Port Townsend in Salish C. Deep Zoom says the best time to transit Cattle Pass is late afternoon. Anyone have better information? I’m still learning to use Ports and Passes, so Deep Zoom is my go-to resource. This our second summer owning the boat and boating in salt water. We’re looking forward to meeting everyone.

Tom and Vivian
Salish C[/i]
Pelican

City/Region: Port Townsend
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife Vivian and I are heading to Friday Harbor tomorrow from Port Townsend in Salish C. Deep Zoom says the best time to transit Cattle Pass is late afternoon. Anyone have better information? I’m still learning to use Ports and Passes, so Deep Zoom is my go-to resource. This our second summer owning the boat and boating in salt water. We’re looking forward to meeting everyone.

Tom and Vivian
Salish C[/i]
Schuster

City/Region: Port Orchard
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Sea Witch
Photos: Sea Witch
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pelican, I just checked my Windy app and it predicts SW winds 5-6 knots between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm and the tide will be an outgoing to a low of -2.0'. There are other folks that do that crossing far more often than we do who may have something to add, but I would think that to be pretty good conditions. Have fun and hope to see you at Friday Harbor if we get our electrical issues ironed out.
djy887

City/Region: Bainbridge Island
C-Dory Year: 1999
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Still un-named (yeah, I know)
Photos: djy887
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 1:04 pm    Post subject: Friday Harbor CBGT Reply with quote

Well, unfortunately my wife and I won't be able to make it up there this year. It looks to be a gorgeous weekend...I can't wait to see pictures of the event. My wife did request a day on the Sound on Mother's Day...so maybe you'll see us on the water in the central Sound area on your way back home. Cheers and happy boating!

Darren James
colbysmith

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a couple of photo uploads. Yesterday C-Traveler, SeaSpray and Dora~Jean arrived at Cap Sante. C-Sprite was already here. However, he was docked at the end of the L dock, while the three of us were at the top.

I think I've figured out how to keep that damn mooring ball from knocking on the hull late at night, waking me up.

I run a line from my bow cleat, through the mooring ball eye, and then back to my bow cleat. Then I hook a rubber bungy cord up through the ball eye, and then both hook ends on my anchor. That should keep the ball far enough away from the hull so that it doesn't come knockin' at night. Colby
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colby. I am glad my method works for you. Colleen and I figured that out after a few sleepless nights at Eagle Harbor.
colbysmith

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most folks are here that are coming. I do believe a few more will show up tomorrow though. I didn't count, but so far the odd number slips on H are all full of C-Dorys. Most of today was spent socializing and going around meeting everyone. Should be a good gathering, the largest this year. And the weather is just about perfect! (A little cool when the sun goes down.) Colby

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: