The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

ISO 22-25 C-Dory Cruiser
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats Wanted
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could look at an Eastern Boats 246 (i.e Rosborough) or the 22 Cape Breton. They are outboard powered the 246 has an enclosed head.
robhwa

City/Region: Anderson Island
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Marcia C
Photos: Problemadela
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO 22-25 C-Dory Cruiser Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:
C&D in TN wrote:
... Head wise we can go either way, porta potty or built in. Not really looking forward to dealing with a portable but you have to do what you have to do lol. ...

One thing about a porta-potti is that it can be dumped in a lot of places. If you have a marine toilet that requires pumping out and there are not sufficient facilities in your area of operation then you might have to make long detours just to clear the head. RV dump sites are not the same as marine pump-outs.

IMO, dumping a porta-potti is a lot better than dealing with pump-outs and maintaining the waste system. A pump-out gone wrong will make you wish for a porta-potti.

I agree that the portapotty is more versatile. Here in our Puget Sound “Ecotopia” of all places you would expect to be able to pump out. However, the state and counties don’t well maintain pump outs that exist. Many installed years ago are broken, sometimes permanently. Boat owners might have to stop two or tree times at designated pump out stations to find one that actually works. With a portapotty you can just take and dump in a regular or pit toilet, which are more common and almost always are functional.

The down side is that there are a few places (i.e. Ontario) that don’t allow portable toilets on boats. This requirement is loosely, and possibly selectively enforced, but the law says you can’t have a portable toilet on your boat.
robhwa

City/Region: Anderson Island
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Marcia C
Photos: Problemadela
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: ISO 22-25 C-Dory Cruiser Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:
C&D in TN wrote:
... Head wise we can go either way, porta potty or built in. Not really looking forward to dealing with a portable but you have to do what you have to do lol. ...

One thing about a porta-potti is that it can be dumped in a lot of places. If you have a marine toilet that requires pumping out and there are not sufficient facilities in your area of operation then you might have to make long detours just to clear the head. RV dump sites are not the same as marine pump-outs.

IMO, dumping a porta-potti is a lot better than dealing with pump-outs and maintaining the waste system. A pump-out gone wrong will make you wish for a porta-potti.

I agree that the portapotty is more versatile. Here in our Puget Sound “Ecotopia” of all places you would expect to be able to pump out. However, the state and counties don’t well maintain pump outs that exist. Many installed years ago are broken, sometimes permanently. Boat owners might have to stop two or tree times at designated pump out stations to find one that actually works. With a portapotty you can just take and dump in a regular or pit toilet, which are more common and almost always are functional.

The down side is that there are a few places (i.e. Ontario) that don’t allow portable toilets on boats. This requirement is loosely, and possibly selectively enforced, but the law says you can’t have a portable toilet on your boat.
srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't rule out a composting head. My Airhead has zero odor and almost zero maintenance, no pumps and no stinky hoses. My toilet has not been emptied after 6 months of lots of use and it still is not full enough to empty.
OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2022 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srbaum wrote:
Don't rule out a composting head. My Airhead has zero odor and almost zero maintenance, no pumps and no stinky hoses. My toilet has not been emptied after 6 months of lots of use and it still is not full enough to empty.

Still have to dispose of the liquids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats Wanted All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: