The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

10/02 - 10/06 - “Meet in the Middle” C-Brat Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
txmntman

City/Region: GEORGETOWN
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Saint Somewhere
Photos: Saint Somewhere
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colby, Dana and I would love to join you. We will bring our own life jackets, so you don't have to worry about that. Thank you!!
Boston Whaler Montauk "Joe Bob" Sold
Hobie Cat "Mikey Likes It" Sold
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

txmntman wrote:
Colby, Dana and I would love to join you. We will bring our own life jackets, so you don't have to worry about that. Thank you!!

Noted. Smile

Heads up for those cruising to the Lighthouse Landing Marina. I just made some calls to Grand Rivers, where the Lighthouse and Patti's Settlement are located. It is pretty much out of season for most the other restaurants in the area. There is the Village Market and Cafe, and their cafe is open until 2:30. Otherwise Patti's highly suggests reservations. My plans are for leading the cruise, but letting everyone do their own thing at Grand Rivers. Patti's has some neat shops, and there is a petting zoo and gooney golf in the area. Those will all be open. The restaurant couldn't really tell me how busy it might be on a week day, but definitely not like a weekend. I suspect the prices there will be on the high side. (In the past we've eaten at other restaurants.) For a group reservation of 20 or more, requires a contract and $200 just to reserve. Otherwise, with reservations for up to 19, it would involve two tables in two different areas, and the sooner the reservations made, the better. Not having any idea how many are going or what everyone's desire is, I'm leaving it open. Patti's Settlement restaurant phone number is (270) 362-8844. If you desire to make your own reservations, might be a wise choice. I expect we'd get to Lighthouse Landing at 11:30am, if we leave Prizer at 10am. Patti's is about a 15 minute walk from the transient dock.

Ok, more about Patti's. I just made a reservation for Rosanne and I at 12:30 on Tuesday. This is how it works. You have to give them a credit card number to hold your reservation. The card is not charged to hold the reservation. However, if you are a no-show, they will charge it $35 per person. You can cancel up till your reservation time. My plans are to check out what's available at the Village Market and Cafe by noon, and if we eat there, cancel out Patti's. If not, we know we have reservations at Patti's. Again, this is just for my wife and I. If anyone else is interested in eating at Patti's, I suggest you call ahead. They do however accept walk-ins, depending upon availability after reservations. I'll go over this again Monday evening... Colby
KFoote

City/Region: East Bridgewater
State or Province: MA
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Foote Loose
Photos: Foote's Rest
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:23 pm    Post subject: Gathering - Reservations- Address - New Tac Reply with quote

This is keith foote on foote loose.
I left alton illinois this morning and recently left hoppies.
If my float plan holds true I should be there monday.

I want to order a new tac and hydraulic fluid to be delivered at the gathering.
I have attempted to contact a live person for an address with no success.
For 3 days I have been leaving messages no return call.
To make a reservation plus asking about an address to ship items to.
No one has returned my messages
Also
I have a 2007 honda 90.
I think I need a new one.
Are there any suggestions on which tack I should purchase?
I took a picture of the backside and cannot read any model numbers.
The only thing I know about the current tag is it is a honda tac

ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a particular place to signup for individual events (e.g. chicken dinner)? All I can find is the event list under "Event Signups" which is just a group list.

I am single in a 22, so I have some room for the Tuesday cruise if needed.

Keith, I can bring the stuff you want if you can get it to my house NLT Friday 9/29. PM me for the address (SW Michigan) if you want to do this. Hydraulic fluid I may be able to get at the local marine store if you tell me the spec you need.
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith We are at Prizer Point now. I talked to Shane at the Marina and they have 4 spaces left. I’ve been told the answering device has had problems. The number to call is 270-522-3762. If no one answers send me a PM with your number and I’ll walk over to the office and have them call you. They do NOT accept packages! Strange..when we did the loop last year I had many things sent to different marinas.

They will want a credit card to hold.

Tom

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
Fontanacdory

City/Region: Bryson City
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Ms Jill
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reservation Reply with quote

Trying to contact Tiffany all day no luck . Just called the office and made my reservation. 15 dollars a night . Why did they have to make is so difficult. Tiffany would be looking for work if she worked for me. Looking forward to seeing all . Rented a wife for this trip.
gobdav@yahoo.com

City/Region: Powell
State or Province: TN
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all. Not a C-Dory owner just yet, but was finally able to get into one last night. Big "thank you" to Texasair for inviting myself and my daughter on their boat to chat a while. All I can say is I'm sold on wanting to get one of these.

Hopefully I'll get to the "Meet in the Middle" gathering someday where we can meet some other fine C-Dory owners.

Not sure if anyone here is into history or reading at all, but up there in the Land Between the Lakes, there's a really interesting Civil War story involving a farmer who's sons are killed in a terrible manner by some passing troops, so he takes it upon himself to be a one-man army against them. It's relevant because much of the setting of the book takes place on/around the waterways up there, and how he used certain bends and edys in the river to help him get his shots. The book is called "Jack Hinson's One Man War" on Amazon or in print. It's possible you'll find some of the waterways familiar up there while visiting. (If this isn't appropriate to this subject, please let me know and I'll take it down)

https://www.amazon.com/Jack-Hinsons-One-Man-Civil-Sniper/dp/1589806409

Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith was able to get his reservation and Prizer reversed their decision and is allowing packages for him to be delivered there. All worked out….Tom
texasair

City/Region: Cypress, Texas
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 1989
Vessel Name: Bixby's Cub
Photos: Bixbys Cub
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharon and I were on the French Broad river in Bixby's Cub above Knoxville today.
Headed down the Tennessee River now, If thing go according to schedule, we hope to be at Prizer Point Tuesday or Wed.

Showed a C-dory to Dave in Knoxville on Tuesday.
colbysmith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Tex, looking forward to seeing you. I was wondering if you were going to make this gathering. Colby
Gulfcoastjohn

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: CAT 'O MINE
Photos: CAT 'O MINE
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2023 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith,

If you haven’t already, try to approach the back of the tach from behind the helm. Disconnect the wires (likely gray or gray/yellow and black), thoroughly clean, and if there is a selector dial on the back note its position and give it a few twists then return it to the original selection.

A new tach for your boat is about $102. Don’t even think about trying to get mom and pop marinas like this one to accept items…instead touch base with the next AGLCA Harbor Hosts (like Goose Colony) to accept your package and bring it to you.

99% of C-Dorys have Teleflex Baystar or SeaStar steering fluid. We keep a quart on board; if you have not solved this issue by Oct 1 just PM me and I’ll bring our quart.

There are literally hundreds of good folks following your travels and wishing you the best and willing to help out any way they can (including us).

You are in the South. These small family marinas are ‘laid back’ informal and may seem very unresponsive with iffy cell coverage, but once you show up both Mom and Pop will greet you and help you any way they can.

Our advice is to lean back and relax more. Remember that the C-Otter crew were on a 45 foot boat at each marina. Don’t think that does not make any difference in whether they are willing to accept a package that you later expect them to forward to you later for no charge (no offense C-Otter crew, it is just the way the real world works in my opinion…a 22 foot boat is not equivalent to a 45 foot boat in the view of any marina business).

I feel like you are having more stress on your fantastic journey than you should be. I hope not!

Safe Travels!
John

Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John. I talked this evening to Alex at Prizer which was really helpful. Prizer point, besides the marina is a rather large campground that in season is extremely busy. If campers had packages delivered here all the time it would be quite a burden on the staff. When they understood that the items that Keith needed were for repairs they made an exception. Alex’s parents are doing the Loop so he knew how you just can’t run to the store for boat parts. The employee that made the initial decision is new here and did not realize that exceptions could be made.

The marina staff is excited to have the C-Brats here and it’s going to be a grand time.

Thanks to Mike for all the work in setting this up. Tom
Gavin17

City/Region: Indianapolis
Vessel Name: Looking for a C-Dory
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't checked in for awhile. Sorry to hear about John's trailer. That's very frustrating to lose a season to a trailer issue although I think I remember you saying your boat is stacked at a marina most of the time.

My wife and I are still "casually" c-dory shopping and would love to meet everyone and check out some boats. We will be there for the Monday night meeting and Tuesday cruise. Then back to work on Wed. Does anyone have room for 2 more passengers on Tuesday? Let me know what I should bring. We're both experienced boaters and can arrive early Monday if anyone needs help launching etc.
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FWIW, I arrived at Prizer's this evening. I have a RV spot for this evening (boater homing) I will launch tomorrow (Sun) and spend the night anchored out. I'll return on Monday for the week in a slip.

The campground is busy, but not full. The boat launch ramp is typical of USACE lakes in that there is no associated dock. Prizer's has their fuel dock near the ramp, but they are not attached.
colbysmith

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2023 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also arrived this afternoon, got launched, and am in slip D7. We already have 6 boats here in the slips, three anchored out, one motorhome, one trailer, and one camper (who has his boat in a slip.) I think this will turn out to be a nice gathering for those that make it. The ramp is steep, but doable. There is no dock to launch with, but there is a dock 50' away. (Steepness and dockless common for this neck of the woods!) Normal winter pool is 302'. Currently the level is at 305.2. So still a good 3' above winter pool. Water temp shows 78 on the website I'm looking at, but my depthsounder is showing 80 degrees here at the slip, 1' below the surface. Will be a nice sunny/warm week for those that worship the sun. (my wife... Mr. Green ) Be careful on your drive in. The last couple miles of road off the interstate is narrow and windy. With no shoulder. And a drop off. Typical Kentucky country roads! Hope to see more of you here tomorrow. Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: