The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

10/02 - 10/06 - “Meet in the Middle” C-Brat Gathering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2023 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We launched C-Otter at Prizer Point this afternoon and are anchoring out on Terrapin bay about mile 66 for the night. I do not want to hijack the thread so will start a new one soon.

Some info about the marina. Very nice covered slips. Fuel was $4.79
For non ethanol. Boat ramp is steep but we had no problem. Roads from the main highway have good pavement but are narrow and for the most part no shoulders. Hilly and twisty so be extra careful.
Parking is free with your slip or campsite. It’s $35 per week if you are cruising like we are.

Looking forward to returning for the gathering. We lucked out and were able to borrow a Cumberland guide book from Dan Bower. 😊

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom. How was the water level in the channel out of Prizer? I believe they are still at summer pool, but a little low. They'll start drawing down to winter pool later this month. When I went in there a few years ago in October, there was about 4-5 feet of water in the channel in to Prizer. I haven't decided yet rather I'll launch at Prizer, or Kentucky Lake Dam State Park, but leaning towards the park. (Mostly due to concern on water level in late October with our drought.) Colby
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
C-Dory Year: 2011
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2023 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are already at Winter Pool. Plenty of water if you stay inside the channel. Great trip on the Cumberland…beautiful waterway….at Clarksville tonight.
colbysmith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Initially I had planned on probably launching and parking at Kentucky Lake Dam Resort State Park, as they have a nice ramp with plenty of parking space. I have used that launch before, with permission from the head ranger, as there are signs posted about no long term parking. Perhaps I shouldn't have asked, but then I would rather not come back to a stolen or towed rig. I'll give the KLDSRP Marina business office a cal later to ascertain availability of long term parking with them, but most likely just launch and stay parked at Prizer Point. I do have some concern about water levels at the end of October. Perhaps my concern is unfounded, but some of the marinas back off the main channel can lose winter access due to low water levels. Anyway, this is an email I received regarding parking at the State Park.

Colby,

I spoke with KDV Park Manager Scot Ratzlaff about your request. He denied the request.

We have had several incidents of boat trailers, utility trailers, jet skis trailers, and golf carts stolen from the Marina parking lot and area. Last year Park management placed signs up at the Marina parking lot stating that vehicles, trailers, etc… left over 14 days will be towed at the owner expense. One of the reasons for the placement of these signs was to discourage these thefts.

In the past, trailers have been left on the lot for extended lengths of time and later discovered to have been stolen sometime during that time period. This gives the thief several days, or sometimes months to get rid of the trailer before it is reported stolen. Additionally, there are no cameras to enhance security at the lot.

The KY Dam Marina itself is a private entity business operating on both Park property and TVA owned KY Lake. The Marina parking lot is operated and maintained by the Park and is not part of KY Dam Marina. However, KY Dam Marina does offer a secure storage facility about 1 mile south of the Marina on U.S. HWY 641. Obviously, they charge a fee for its use by Marina boaters. Their business office # is 270-362-8386. Again, the Marina itself is a private business.

Thank you for your request.

Sincerely,
KY State Park Ranger
Wayne Kingston
colbysmith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2023 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be bringing the coloring book to the gathering. For those that are not familiar with it, here is the index page I keep with it. I'm hoping everyone in attendance will take the opportunity to color in it, and to peruse through past colored pages. It's starting to have quite a bit of history of C-Dory gatherings. This gathering will be on page 22. Colby

I won this book in a silent auction at the 2016 C-Brats St. Johns River gathering. While I’m not really into adult coloring, this seemed like a great opportunity to have something to remember the great times and new friendships made or old ones rekindled during various C-Brat gatherings, be they formal official gatherings, or informal meetings on the water (or land for that matter) at other times.
I ask that you take part in this endeavor by coloring in some detail of a picture, and adding your name and boat name to the item you colored in. If by chance you are joining in the gathering without a boat, please be a part of this anyway even if you don’t have a boat name to add.
Once you are finished, please pass it on to the boat or person next to you. Each gathering or event has a page/picture assigned to it below.
Thanks so much for your participation in this event and for coloring in the book. And BTW, no excuses about not being able to stay in the lines, lol. I can’t either…
Before the end of the gathering, please insure this book finds its way back to me. Thanks!
Sincerely,
Colby Smith / Midnight Flyer C-Traveler

CBG= C-Brats gathering CB=C-Brats limited size “”= Informal C-Brats cruising
March 4-6 2016 CBG St. Johns River, Hontoon Island, Fl Page 18-19
March 7 2016 “C-Dory Six” St. Johns River Page 20
June 2016 “Apostle Islands” Lake Superior Page 40-41
March 7-9 2017 CBG St. Johns River, Hontoon Island, FL Page 36
March 10 2017 “C-Dory 8” St. Johns River Page 37
April 2017 CB 15th Annual Delta Bay Extravaganza, California Page 45
August 2017 “Isle Royal” Lake Superior Page 48
Sept 7-10 2017 CBG Meet in the Middle, Mississippi River, Clinton IA Page 31
October 2017 CB Snake & Columbia River Cruise, Lewiston, ID-Astoria, OR Page 30
March 6-8 2018 CBG St. Johns River, Hontoon Island Fl Page 39 & 49
May 8-10 2018 CBG Friday Harbor, San Juan Islands, Washington Page 16 & 17
July 5- 2018 “Isle Royal” Lake Superior Page 10 & 27
Sept 7-9 2018 CBG Meet in the Middle, Mississippi River, Alton, Il Page 6
Sept 22-23 2018 CBG Lake Powell Page 7
March 5-7 2019 CBG St. Johns River, Hontoon Island FL, Page 9, 11, & 13
March 8-15 2019 CB St. John’s River cruise to Jacksonville, Page 11
Sept 5-8 2019 CB Meet in the Middle, Mississippi River, Alton, Il. Page 8
March 2020 CBG St. John’s River, Hontoon Island FL, Pages 24, 25 & 29
Sept 26 – 30 2020 “Lake Powell” Utah Page 53
Sept 11-24 2021 Mississippi River Cruise Page 38
March 8-10 2022 CBG St. John’s River, Hontoon Island FL, Page 44
March 7-9 2023 CBG St. John’s River, Hontoon Island State Park, FL. Page 50
May 3-7 2023 CB Delta Cruise Pages 34 & 35
May 11-14 2023 CBG Friday Harbor Page 46
July 2023 Isle Royale National Park Page 12
August 6-12 2023 CB Cruise 18th Annual Catalina Off-Shore Adventure Page 21
October 2-6 2023 CBG Meet In The Middle, Prizer Point Marina, Lake Barkley Page 22
WildSide

City/Region: White Mills
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C ' YA
Photos: C ' YA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the stars align and my sea trial next week passes, I will take possession of a 22 to replace C'YA a casualty of Hurricane Ian. Since I live 2 hours by car up the Western Kentucky Parkway, it only makes sense to join my first gathering.

PJ
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to the sign up sheet, there are 12 "boats" registered to attend, and Wildside is 13th. Are there any more attendees?

Marie is making her famous Broccoli salad for our contribution to the one Pot Luck.

Since we have to travel several days to the gathering, and we can be "slow" with our ages, we are already starting to get things ready. Marie tells me today is a "cooking day". Marie started doing this "cooking day" when we started our long distance cruises. She will. cook up 5 to 10 different entrees, place them in 2 portion plastic bags, and then freeze 5 to 7 "meals" of each type. On this trip we may be also taking one of our portable chest freezers, for the meals we will eat on this 2 week adventure which may not fit in the small freezer in the RV. Marie's 60th high school reunion occurs the next week after the C Brat gathering. She grew up in Corinth, MS. A short distance from Pickwick Lake on the Tennessee River.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am planning on attending, but I haven't been able to get a response from Tiffany via email or phone to make a slip reservation.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:
I am planning on attending, but I haven't been able to get a response from Tiffany via email or phone to make a slip reservation.

I called and got right thru, although not to Tiffany or Tracy. The person took my reservation, and sent confirmation by email.
colbysmith

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:

I had this issue as well. However, I did finally get through to her and made my reservation. For that reason, I'm not impressed with the communication with Prizer Point. However, I did stay there a few years ago, and it is a nice facility. If you are coming in from somewhere else, (ie, not launching your boat at Prizer), be sure to follow the charts closely. It can be a little tricky and if not paying attention, you can end up in skinny water quickly. The year I went in, one buoy was missing, and I found the channel in is rather narrow. I'm looking forward to "Meet in the Middle" coming back to existence this year, and hopefully we can keep it going in the future. The cruising possibilities between the Cumberland from Lake Barkley, and the Tennessee from Kentucky Lake (not far away and accessible via a small "canal" are great! I have also put it out on the C-Dory owners facebook group. I'm thinking there will be a few that show up from that group, but several are not fond of and consider the C-Brats website not user friendly, so may not have signed up. Colby
Molly Brown

City/Region: Punta Gorda
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: MOLLY BROWN
Photos: Molly Brown
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, contact has been challenging. Did eventually talk with Tiffany after just calling the main number. Last I heard they were putting us in the "system" and someone was to call back for my deposit but that did not occur. So, we are just going to show up. I have faith all will work out.

Betty needs a last minute MRI so our arrival date has shifted right, as they say in the rocket world. Current plan is to arrive the 28th and launch the next day.

Looking forward to our first out of state trip,
James

WildSide

City/Region: White Mills
State or Province: KY
C-Dory Year: 1996
Vessel Name: C ' YA
Photos: C ' YA
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2023 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky 13 Bob. Sea trial went well. Towing back to Kentucky via a day stop on the bay in Mobile Wednesday. Laying in the V-berth of C-Shanti at an I10 rest stop for the night. Will call marina this week. Need to hunt for official sign up.

P.J.
C-Shanti 1992 22' Angler with full enclosed pilot house.
txmntman

City/Region: GEORGETOWN
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Saint Somewhere
Photos: Saint Somewhere
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see where people are having some communication problems with Prizer Point. Again, here is the info I have on communicating with Tiffany (our contact)

Please TEXT Tiffany at 270-625-3716 Mention "C-Brats" when making the reservation. She will call you back, if needed. She is getting a lot of calls with no message (if she doesn’t pick up), so she has requested that everyone TEXT her.
Her email is tvaughn@prizerpoint.com

I'm looking forward to seeing you all there. I will be putting out a "final" (if "final" is ever really final) schedule for the week. Mostly, the days will be your to cruise, we will have activities in the evening. Some games and tournaments will be there as well.

Boston Whaler Montauk "Joe Bob" Sold
Hobie Cat "Mikey Likes It" Sold
txmntman

City/Region: GEORGETOWN
State or Province: TX
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Saint Somewhere
Photos: Saint Somewhere
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2023 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some thoughts on the "Meet in the Middle" Gathering.

Tiffany still has about 8 boats slots available. There is room for you.

We have programs (talks) scheduled for every night, and still have an opening. Is there a topic you would like to hear about? Is there a topic you would like to present. Let me know, otherwise you might have to listen to me!

We are planning a "corn hole" tournament(s). Two divisions:
- Boat vs Boat
- Open Division (bring your ringers!)
Prizes awarded for both divisions!
Signup will be on Monday, Play starts at Noon on Tuesday (10/3)

Gathering "Headquarters" will be at Site #37, my 5th wheel. I will be flying flags (USA above a Pirates flag) I'm sure you can't miss it.

Other details to follow. Make your plans, looking forward to seeing you thene!
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2023 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally made contact with Tiffany. I have a slip for the gathering and a camp spot for the night of 9/30. I'll launch on the 1st.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: