The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Location, Location, Location.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Boating Accessories For Sale
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schuster

City/Region: Port Orchard
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Witch
Photos: Sea Witch
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:29 pm    Post subject: Location, Location, Location. Reply with quote

Curiosity has got the best of me. There is a picture of 'Another Random C-Brat" that keeps coming up when I open the site. It is a picture of a green 22 cruiser with twin 40's and a dingy on the roof. There is a gentleman in the cockpit who looks to be photographing something and another person on the bow relaxing. I am curious who belongs to this picture and where the picture was taken. I am asking because the place looks familiar (South Puget Sound, Nisqually Flats). like I said curiosity has got the best of me. Thanks.
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always love the "feeling" of that photo too.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 6:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Location, Location, Location. Reply with quote

Schuster wrote:
Curiosity has got the best of me. There is a picture of 'Another Random C-Brat" that keeps coming up when I open the site. It is a picture of a green 22 cruiser with twin 40's and a dingy on the roof. There is a gentleman in the cockpit who looks to be photographing something and another person on the bow relaxing. I am curious who belongs to this picture and where the picture was taken. I am asking because the place looks familiar (South Puget Sound, Nisqually Flats). like I said curiosity has got the best of me. Thanks.

Is this the picture?

This is a photo I took in 2007 of El and Bill Fiero on Halcyon. It is indeed on the Nisqually Delta! We cruised a lot together in 2007 and 2008!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most likely this one, since the photographer is in the cockpit and the relaxing party is on the bow.

Same boat; same folks. The title of the pic file is Nisqually_Cruise_011.jpg.

There are many, many more wonderful photos on their Halcyon Days site (which is also linked from our front page).

Schuster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, these are the pics I had mentioned. I used to own a house on Anderson Island and spent a lot of time down there over the years. Unfortunately life happens and courses change. But it was good to see and recognize old stomping grounds. Thank you Pat and Tyboo for clarifying this mystery.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:
Most likely this one, since the photographer is in the cockpit and the relaxing party is on the bow.

Same boat; same folks. The title of the pic file is Nisqually_Cruise_011.jpg.

There are many, many more wonderful photos on their Halcyon Days site (which is also linked from our front page).

Not my photo - is there attribution to another C-Brat? Seems it must have been the same time! Was this in Halcyon Days? Or elsewhere on the C-Brat site? I think Robbi was with us on C-Run part of the time.
Schuster

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Pat, the two pictures were probably taken within a shot span of each other as the persons are dressed the same, the same cushion on the bow chair etc, etc. Perhaps either Robbi or you forwarded the picture to El or Bill and they sent it in to the administrator. At any rate thanks again for clarifying the location. PS, are you still boating and going to the CBGT's? If so maybe we'll meet in Friday Harbor in May.
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Schuster wrote:
Well Pat, the two pictures were probably taken within a shot span of each other as the persons are dressed the same, the same cushion on the bow chair etc, etc. Perhaps either Robbi or you forwarded the picture to El or Bill and they sent it in to the administrator. At any rate thanks again for clarifying the location. PS, are you still boating and going to the CBGT's? If so maybe we'll meet in Friday Harbor in May.

This past year we only went to Friday Harbor, no other boating (but tacked on a couple of days on Sucia before going back home). Various reasons. Missed the entire crab season. Counting on next year being different (and better), and yes, we will be at Friday Harbor, come Hell or high water! I have done the christenings at FH for quite a few years now. Getting a new right knee in December and doing PT through January, got a new left knee two years ago. Got to get some hours on that new Suzi 200 somehow!

We will try to connect with El in Lakewood, CO, on our way back from AZ - we did last year, and it was wonderful. Because of the knee operation and PT through January, we will only be in AZ Feb, Mar, and half of April. We usually go down in November or December. But no matter how late we go down, we will come back around April 15 because AZ gets too hot!

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The photo that is in the "random C-Dory pictures" set that Tyboo posted is No. 73 in the C-Run album, taken by Robbi Krumm. No. 72 is her picture of Daydream!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Boating Accessories For Sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: