The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/05 - 05/06 - Lopez Is. Opening Week-end
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ron on Meander

City/Region: Powell River
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Meander
Photos: Meander
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks to all for the warm welcome accorded Meander and crew. Special thanks to David for "taking the Bull by the horns" and organizing the event. And to Pat & David for being so generous with their brew. The food was great, company excellent and the weather... well the weather was typical of the Pacific Northwest. Something for everyone, just wait a while. The wind was kind enough to blow us north on Sunday, so a pretty easy ride to Pender Island for customs than on to Montague for the night. Monday the wind had changed direction and was blowing from the Northwest. So we headed farther north to Gabriola Pass before crossing the Georgia Strait, that allow for a following sea and made the crossing somewhat easier. Still pretty big stuff out on the strait on Monday.
See you all soon again at another C-Brat gathering of the clan.
Cheers
Ron
Plan C

City/Region: Port Townsend
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Plan C
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 1:13 pm    Post subject: Total count for Lopez Reply with quote

When you figure the total count, include that C-Dory that was moored at the other dock! No people, but the boat was there.

It was a great weekend, for all except the guy that owned the Sonja, the 1912 boat that sank and resurfaced. Thanks to all who did the organizing.

Who was it that passed around the fresh shrimp? I think that shrimp was one of the best I ever ate. What a treat. And the oysters, too...

I returned to Port Townsend on the west side of Whidbey. I went through some rougher waters, first the rips at Lopez south, then the ocean swells from the west (I don't know how tall, but I was seeing the sides of them when I was in the trough), then the rips off Port Townsend. The boat handled it all nicely, and we still made pretty good time.
john schuler

City/Region: Missoula, Montana
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Clara (sold)
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Great Trip Reply with quote

Thanks to all who organized the trip and provided such a great pot luck.
Nice to meet up with some past C-Dory personalities and meet some new.
Good game of Texas Holdem Sat night. We will play again soon.
Kina lumpy going back to Anacortes Sun morning saw heavy spray going
over the top of C-Puffin Scot said it was 4-5 feet and sloppy. It kept my
consentration. Monday met up with the "OTHER GUYS" and had breakfast.
Tue had lunch with a bunch of C-Brats at Anacortes and took the boat to EQ
Marine for some "STUFF". Be back at the end of the month for some more
Sound boating. Thanks Again.
CoolSmile john schuler CoolSmile
True Story

City/Region: Snoqualmie
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: True Story
Photos: True Story
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pam and I want to thank David and the rest of you for a great time. Fletcher also wanted me to thank everyone for leaving so many food crumbs on the dock Saturday night.

I made a executive decision to leave early (6:00am) Sunday along with Work Release to avoid the forecasted 15-25 knot winds (although I'm not sure we did) so we didn't get a chance to say goodbye.

Learned a few good lessons over the weekend. David's new radar reflector produces twice the signature of C-Dory's without. Don't tie up on the outside of the dock when winds are forecasted. Heavier moorage lines (1/2") are not necessarily better than smaller ones (3/8"). Don't believe the weather reports. And thanks to Steve, don't fall into the water when assisting another Brat away from the dock.

Tim
Doug / Liberty Call

City/Region: Brownsville
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Liberty Call
Photos: Liberty Call
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, another outstanding weekend with some of the best people on the water. Thanks David for grabbing the bull by the tail and looking the task in the eye! Wayne and I enjoyed the beer, the shrimp, the desserts, the poker (with chips and whisky!) and of course the wonderful dock walks checking out the clever ways you all spent the winter improving on a great liitle boat. Going home on Sunday morning became down right scary going across the Rosario Strait from Center Island to Deception Pass; never again. By the time we got down to Kingston our friends from Brownsville were calling to see where we were putting in to ride out the wind and were shocked to hear we were already south (just making a beverage stop). We put 196 miles under the Liberty Call this weekend and except for the wind Sunday would be ready to again today. In the next week I will be posting a call for those who think getting together at Brownsville 9-11 September; they have that weekend free and could accommodate us.

Doug
johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everybody...it was truly great to see and meet more C-Dory folks!

The Crazy Frazeys - John, Amy and Mom Mary from Bozeman, Montana thoroughly enjoyed the San Juans and the gathering. She got to fly in on Friday night, be picked up by a truck hauling a boat at Seatac, hike on Matia and Sucia Islands, meet some crazy C-Dory owners (maybe that's why I like you all so much Smile, go through some rougher water only to get dropped back off at Seatac to fly home on Sunday night.

What a weekend...Amy and I sure love every trip we go on with our C-Dory!

Wish you all safe and happy boating.

The Craze CoolSmile
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Total count for Lopez Reply with quote

BlackNorth wrote:

Who was it that passed around the fresh shrimp? I think that shrimp was one of the best I ever ate.

That was me and you're more than welcome. I also LOVE the spot prawns. Thanks to advice from Dusty, I have about 280 in the freezer now - 9 bags of 30 or so each. IMHO, the best way too cook them is to butterfly them, sprinkle with Broussard's cajun spice and throw them under the broiler for a few minutes. Add a little melted butter, and you'r talkin' close to heaven! To bad there wasn't a broiler nearby... Next year, when Pat and Patty have the C-Ranger 25' tug, maybe I'll be able to talk them into installing a broiler or bringing along a toaster oven. After all, they'll have SO much space. Wink

Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is all over except the memories. And those go on forever. I have just sent an email thank you (quoted below)to Kathy, the manager at the Lopez Islander. This is the third or fourth year the marina has given us the week-end for no charge. I would encourage any C-Dory who has the opportunity to stop in at the marina to individually thank Kathy.

Quote:
Kathy,

As the unofficial organizer and on behalf of the C-Dory boaters I want to thank you very much for the considerations and patience you provided us on opening boating week-end. I think we had 33 boats at the marina during the week-end. Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the facilities very much.

I tried my best to encourage everyone to patronize the restaurant as one way to show our gratitude for your opening up the marina for the week-end. I will also thank everyone on our website for this in hopes that next year we can increase the participation.

Thank you again,

David McKibben on "Anna Leigh"

www.lopezislander.com/lopez/index.html
kathy@lopezislander.com

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51

Last edited by Alyssa Jean on Fri May 12, 2006 2:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Papillon

City/Region: DeBary, Fl. *On the St. John's River*
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Papillon
Photos: Papillon
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You folks in the PNW sure have a lot of good support from your marinas. Down here in SW Florida, you would have had to pay for the air you sucked in while at the dock and the charge would be 33 Boats x 22 Ft (Adv) x $2.50 (the cheapest you would find here) = $ 1,815.00 x 3 day =$ 5,445.00 .

I think we all should thank Kathy wheather we attended or not.

Post an email address for her and I sure will thank her on behalf of all C-Dory owners, Wordwide.

1993 Angler-02' 115 Suzuki 4 Stroke
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just edited the post above with both the website for the Lopez Islander and Kathy's email address
colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 8:47 pm    Post subject: Water in C-Cakes cabin Reply with quote

Thanks again to all who answered with ideas and suggestions about C-Cakes cabin water. I think the leak is found and fixed. Stan at EQ found it after I emptied the boat out, (a pain), really dried everything inside and ran headon into the heaviest chop I could find for about 3 hours (not much that day 1-3') Everything stayed dry inside as usual but when C-Cakes was on the trailer in front of EQ there it was... as usual...a little water on the cabin floor. Fortunately with everything so dry we could track it back to the footpump for the freshwater tank. Stan tightened the hose clamp at the base of the pump and voila! no more leak.

next time I'll go out and actually try to run easily instead of trying to figure a way to get water into the boat Smile Smile

Stan's the man.

Barry

Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure you've all been itchin' for photos...album is ready, link is here.
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Water in C-Cakes cabin Reply with quote

colobear wrote:
Fortunately with everything so dry we could track it back to the footpump for the freshwater tank. Stan tightened the hose clamp at the base of the pump and voila! no more leak.
Barry

So Barry, perhaps the appropriate thing for me to do if I ever find standing water in the cabin of "Sea Shift" is to do the "taste test" to determine if it is "salt" or "fresh" water, thereby narrowing the possibilities...... Disgust ....'er on second thought, find someone else to do the "taste test"... Rolling Eyes

P.S. On a serious note, glad you found the problem, thanks for sharing the remedy!

C-Brat #16
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: