The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Inflatable Kayaks Dropstitch
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never recommend Hobie's inflatable Kayaks again. They will not stand behind their product, and even go so far as to state that getting a couple years of use out of their Itrek 11s is actually pretty good. Reading the Hobie blog it appears others have also had the same delamination issue around the drive hole. One guy stated that unfortunately the Hobie Mirage Drive inflatable is more or less a disposable unit, sadly not long lasting. Hobie offers no repair service or recommendations for repair. I love the Mirage drive and may end up going with a Hobie Hard Shell kayak, which seem to be made better. Still overpriced however.... And, apparently their newer inflatable kayaks weigh a little less, as they use material 1/2 as thick as their older kayaks! I sent an email asking of their new kayaks will last any longer, and they've failed to reply. That lack of a reply speaks volumes!

The bad mood came from getting the Hobie out for this months first trip of the season, and finding another large bubble. This time on top and bottom so I'm assuming it is failure of the drop stitch. I no longer trust this kayak in deep, cold waters. It's basically become a pool toy!

This is the top side.

This is the bottom side.

Colby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: