The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Can we meet your Tomcat?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomcatWannabe

City/Region: Worcester
State or Province: MA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject: Can we meet your Tomcat? Reply with quote

Hey C-Brats! What a cool community here. My wife and I live in Worcester, MA and will be replacing our small center console within the next year. After much research, we’re fairly set on the Tomcat, but have never seen one. Seeing as they’re rarely for sale and understanding we may need to travel and act quickly, we are hoping to check some out before we have to do something crazy like get on a plane. New England and Mid-Atlantic would be striking distance for a weekend trip, so let us know! We appreciate you in advance!

Take care,
Tomcat Wannabes, Michael + Trisha
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Michael and Trisha,

We’re a long way to travel, but PM me if you’d like to chat.

The Cat O’ Mine photo album contains more pics than many (over 630). But not the same as being on one.

Most of our Loop Segments and Adventures are under “Forums” > “Grand Adventures” by Gulfcost John.

Good used ones sell fast (and Bob Austin estimates only 150-200 have been built since the 2006 debut). Plan to have cash equivalent earnest money/escrow, and to fly to meet your accredited Surveyor for out/in water sea trial. If you are still a working stiff it may pay for the PO to arrange to have discrepancies repaired (including trailer) while you pay a pro to trailer the rig to you, depending on your life stage and your Time Value of Money. If PO doesn’t have receipts, all five trailer tires should be replaced (specify Goodyear Endurance, $200 each) if DOT wk/yr mfg date stamp is over 3-4 years (same for boat batteries) and brakes/bearings repacked/inspected annually.

Good luck in your quest, and remember that Good Luck favors the well prepared.

Hope this is helpful.

John

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: