The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

08/20 - 08-26 - Catalina Adventure in Paradise 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sealife

City/Region: Woodland Hills
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SeaLife
Photos: SeaLife
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Posted a few of Keith's pictures from the birthday party. Thank you all for a great party. You guys are the best!!
oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keith - if you add the following code
Code:
[url=http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=C-Pup16&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php]C_Pup Photos[/url]
to your signature box in your profile, you will create a link to your photo album. It will make it much easier for us to view you photo album. I don't know why you don't have a link on your post at the left, like the rest of us: However this will create one for you. If you are using Windows, you can copy the code and then paste it in your signature box.

Last edited by oldgrowth on Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:06 am; edited 1 time in total
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't know why you don't have a link on your post at the left, like the rest of us

It's there now.

oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:
It's there now.

Thanks Mike. He can ignore my post now.

Last edited by oldgrowth on Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
C-Pup16 in Los Angeles

City/Region: Los Angeles
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: C-Pup
Photos: C-Pup
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys, I had trouble logging on at home on but finally figured it out. Thanks Mike for posting my photos of Catalina. Thanks PJ for offering me the fishing award, but I missed the fishing derby day when taking Kimiko home and you won it fair and square... it was a flying fish that landed in FishTail's cockpit, right? Next year I'll put Kimiko on the ferry if she has to return early and will compete fair & square, and in the the dingy derby,... if Jim can tow his dingy then I can tow my 18 foot rowing catamaran! Also thanks Dave for your interest in my dodger and suggestion to link my sig block to my photo album. Tyboo Mike, Thanks for doing that for me!

I enjoyed today with a Vietnamese family my church sponsored as boat people refugees in 1979 and we've remained close to since then. The children then are all now successful adults with their own families (one's a doctor, one's a dentist, one's a teacher and one's a housewife). After telling them about my fun week at Catalina on C-Pup, they recalled their harrowing escape from Vietnam to Malaysia on a small boat as children with their parents in 1977 . They were lost at sea with no food or water for five days with only one of two motors barely working while the boat took on water and needed constant bailing. They finally came across an oil rig and were reluctantly rescued by the leathernecks and taken by Malaysian Coast Guard to a refugee camp the next day. The boat and crew they had paid their life savings for in advance never showed up at the beach meeting place in the dark of night. Instead, an old fishing boat commanded by the Viet Con approached to arrest them but in the process, the refugees overwhelmed the crew, threw the hard core commies in the drink, and forced the fisherman skipper to take them to sea. Another family on another boat departing from the same beach about the same time was lost at sea in a whirlpool. That's quite another perspective on boating.
~ Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: