The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/20 - 05/22 - Havre de Grace, MD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daninPA

City/Region: MOUNT JOY
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: NAVIRE
Photos: daninPA
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 8:42 am    Post subject: 05/20 - 05/22 - Havre de Grace, MD
From 20 May 2022 to 22 May 2022 (included)

Since this is the first gathering for C-Dorys in the upper bay, we are being low-key. Show up, meet up, and go boating on the beautiful upper Chesapeake Bay! We'll gauge interest, get introduced, and make bigger plans for next time.

So here are the details:

C-Dory gathering at Havre de Grace, MD, the weekend of May 20-22.

On Saturday, May 21, the Mount Harmon Plantation hosts the annual Revolutionary War Encampment. Mount Harmon is an easy hour's cruise from Havre de Grace to the Sassafras River on Maryland's Eastern Shore. It is a beautiful location with walking trails, restored buildings, a splendid view of the bay, and a visitor's dock (including a "dinghy dock" low enough for C-Dory crew!) The Encampment will include re-enactors, arts and crafts, food, music, and more.

While the Mount Harmon visit is recommended, those looking to simply cruise to the Sassafras River can follow along (there are a few "Bay-only" hazards that are best navigated with a guide). The Sassafras also offers some nice anchoring-out spots, pretty views, a well-marked channel, and the historic village of Georgetown.

On Sunday we plan to cruise north to the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal to Chesapeake City. The C&D is one of the world's busiest canals, but our shallow drafts will permit excursions out of the path of the tugs, barges, and ships. Chesapeake City is a destination with restaurants, spots for ship-watching, walking trails, and historic buildings.

Friday and Monday will be more impromptu trips for those wishing to explore the northern reaches of the Bay (including the Susquehanna River) or cruise south.

While the Have de Grace Municipal marina (see https://havredegracemd.gov/community/community-places/city-marina/) is full service (to include fuel, food, a ramp, and trailer parking), transient slips are first come-first served (no reservations). Tidewater Marina in town has slips available to reserve. There are other marinas in town (see https://hdgmarinas.com/two-marinas/).

As far as food and events -- I plan on bringing Pork Barbeque for Friday night get together for those who care to join us (all homemade, using locally-sourced Lancaster County, PA pork). I will probably be able to prevail on my lovey wife Janet to provide some marvelous baked goods for dessert. There are also a few outstanding ice cream shops nearby (one within walking distance) and fine and relaxed restauarants.

https://www.shorerivers.org/sassafras
https://mountharmon.org/
https://explorehavredegrace.com/
https://chesapeakecity.com/[/quote]

Added to Calendar

Signup list

-TyBoo
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 9:58 am    Post subject: Re: See You Soon in Havre de Grace! Reply with quote

daninPA wrote:
Since this is the first gathering for C-Dorys in the upper bay, we are being low-key. Show up, meet up, and go boating on the beautiful upper Chesapeake Bay! We'll gauge interest, get introduced, and make bigger plans for next time.

Note: I would like to make this an announcement but the help topic isn't very helpful, and a search for "post announcement" results in every announcement ever posted.

Can someone point me in the right direction to make this and "event signup" happen? Thanks!

Ask Tyboo for an event signup and it will be done. I don't think ordinary users can do the event signup themselves. BTW, did we meet at Lankford at the 2005 CBGT? That was my one and only event on in the East!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

daninPA

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 11:02 am    Post subject: Re: See You Soon in Havre de Grace! Reply with quote

Ask Tyboo for an event signup and it will be done. I don't think ordinary users can do the event signup themselves. BTW, did we meet at Lankford at the 2005 CBGT? That was my one and only event on in the East![/quote]

No, that was not me, as we are only year-old C-Dory folk.

Smile

Thank you! I'll contact him straightaway!
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2022 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's that? It is all set up and listed on the front page. Congratulations on your first go at Cruise Director!
daninPA

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2022 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:
How's that? It is all set up and listed on the front page. Congratulations on your first go at Cruise Director!

Perfect! Thank you!
daninPA

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2022 6:32 am    Post subject: This weekend! Reply with quote

Reminder to those coming to HdG this upcoming weekend -- the long-range forecast looks promising! Water levels are decent and most of the spring runoff is washed away.

If you plan on attending please respond here so we can plan for meetup location and if needed make reservations.

Thanks
daninPA

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2022 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Information on the Harmon Plantation Revolutionary War festival

https://mountharmon.org/plantation-events-2/
daninPA

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather is poor today (Windy, thunderstorms and rain).

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny but hot (>90)

Of course, fuel is far more expensive now then when I posted this event, so I understand those who are limiting travel!

If you are planning on being in HdG this weekend, please PM me so we can link up!

Thanks!
Dan
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had anticipated meeting up with you in HDG this weekend, but work threw a wrench in my plans. Looks like you're going to have the hottest weather of the year so far this weekend though.

Maybe next time.
daninPA

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2022 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:
I had anticipated meeting up with you in HDG this weekend, but work threw a wrench in my plans. Looks like you're going to have the hottest weather of the year so far this weekend though.

Maybe next time.

Indeed! We’re planning on going early to avoid the hottest part of the day (and the likelihood of Thunderstorms).

Sorry you can’t make it, but completely understand!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: