The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

In-Hull transducer locations for 2005 22 Cruiser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mutski

City/Region: Homer
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Just Us
Photos: Just Us
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 2:20 pm    Post subject: In-Hull transducer locations for 2005 22 Cruiser Reply with quote

I am buying a 2005 22 Cruiser, and getting conflicting reports about whether there are uncored portions of the hull when I could install an in-hull transducer. Has anyone found a good location with no core?
Barry Rietz

City/Region: Sierra Vista
State or Province: AZ
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2022 10:04 pm    Post subject: In-hull transducer: Reply with quote

Mutski,
First of all you are posting in the "boats for sale" column. Go to the general posts forum and repost this one. On my 2008 C-Dory 22' cruiser I located a spot below the galley counter near the aft bulkhead and just to starboard of the lubberline. I "carefully" ground out a 3" diameter portion of the cabin sole down to the outer hull surface and then filled it with a bubble free dense mixture of solid fiberglass. After carefully surfacing this "pad', I epoxied the transducer to this pad being certain not to include air bubbles in the mixture. Upon completion the sounder worked perfectly for ten years.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: