The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/17 - 05/20 - 4th Annual Delta/Bay Extravaganza
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: 05/17 - 05/20 - 4th Annual Delta/Bay Extravaganza
From Wed May 17, 2006 1:00 am to Sun May 21, 2006 12:59 am (included)

Picking this one up from the C-Dog discussion, added it to the calendar. Here's the signup sheet.

Roger (Fishtales) - I'm assigning you the role of cruise director at least temporarily, as we need one defined to setup the signup sheet. I'm not sure if Jim (Pounder) is registered here or not - if he is, it's under a different username. Jim - if/when you see this, reply to the thread, and I'll know which username to reassign the cruise director role to.

Here's a cut/paste from Jim's original post at the C-Dogs:

Dear All-

The fourth (4th) annual Delta/Bay Extravaganza will be held this year from Wednesday, May 17th, through Sunday, May 20th. These dates are similar to last year.

Those of you who would like to attend this event please indicate so. For those of you who have attended in the past please indicate which activities you are most interested in.

Do you want to stay just in the Delta as Fishtales suggested, or do you want to go to the Bay also as we have always done in years past? I know some of you enjoyed going salmon fishing out the Golden Gate last year. I also know that we enjoyed our reception last year at the Sausalito yacht club. Finally, we would not have obtained that "picture of the year" if we did not cross the Bay at the dawn's early light.

As always, we will have to talk to John Eudy about his interest in having us again at his Duck Club (which everyone seems to really enjoy). This entire event historically has always been challenging in different ways each year, and there always have been alot of logistics involved to pull this event together. What ever we decide on the specific itinery for this year, please be flexible and adaptable.

Let the dialogue begin.

Jim on M/V Pounder
And the C-Tales Continue

PS- There will be no Hee-Man Event in February this year as yours truly is going to Italy to see the Winter Olympics and will not be around. Meanwhile, I am trying to heal a bumped out knee so I can actually walk to all the various events around Torino. I still have 3 weeks to get better!

C-Hawk

City/Region: Carpinteria / Channel Islands
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Hawk
Photos: C-Hawk
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,
Thanks for opening the discussion. I am hoping that Jim (Pounder) will sign on and take it over, he does a great job in organizing this event.

It would be a shame to loose these events due to mis-understandings or hurt feelings.

KJ6VVB
A Brat I am, At sea I be
God is Great, Beer is Good.... and People are Crazy
Discovery

City/Region: LOA, UTAH
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Discovery
Photos: Discovery
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger,

We were signed up on the C-Dogs for this cruise. Still plan to attend, and arrive at Rio Vista Marina on May 17th.

Jim Gibson (Pounder) has gone to Italy for the Olympics, don't know when he plans to return. I hope Jim will follow the links and find the event here. There were 7 or 8 boats signed up at the C-Dogs.

Brent

Brent and Dixie,
1984 22' Classic sold 2003
2003 24' TomCat sold 2005
2006 TC255 Discovery Sold 2020
2006 CD 22' Angler Sold 2014
https://share.delorme.com/FBrentBetenson
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms." ~ Thomas Jefferson
Islander

City/Region: Channel Islands Harbor
Vessel Name: Islander
Photos: Islander
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I plan on attending this event! This has always been one of my favorite events. Jim and Kathy have always done a great job.

Ron
Islander

Jim Gibson

City/Region: Sacramento
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: Pounder
Photos: Pounder
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All-

Just returned from Italy and find the signup sheet has been relocated here, which is good.

Am back to resume duties as tour director of the Delta/Bay Extravaganza. More details later.

PS- Am just trying to figure out how to use this fancy site. Lots of features I see.

Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Gibson wrote:
Am back to resume duties as tour director of the Delta/Bay Extravaganza. More details later.

Good to hear, Jim. I modifed the signup sheet to reflect you as the cruise director.

Fishtales Roger - you did a fine interim job, but I'm sorry to say...you're fired. Razz

Quote:
PS- Am just trying to figure out how to use this fancy site. Lots of features I see.

Welcome Jim, it's great to have you with us. If you have any questions on how the site works, don't hesitate to ask. It's a little different than MSN, but you'll get the hang of it.
C-Hawk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoopee--- I'm FIRED-- Now I can go fishing anytime I want..........to...................oh ..heck! Just fired from these duties.
Still got that four letter work 5 days a week---- that darn 40 hour interruption to my fun.
Welcome back Jim. Hope you had fun at the Olympics.
C-Hawk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sign-up list from the old C-Dog site;

22" Angler Marc Cornils open open Will meet you some where - let me know the schedule.

Dinner Belle II John and Robbin May 17 May 19 We are in for the first two days. Our daughter is graduating from Colllege on the 20th so we will be departing you all on the 19th. The Duck club is an open invitation as always and I promise you Pounder I will not make you go on the "trail of tears" four wheeler ride through the weeds this year. We will take an interior tour of the Island by boat this year, for a better view of the wildlife. John & Robbin

Discovery Brent and Dixie Betenson 17th 21st Can't wait to show the new 255 TomCat

Dora Jean Steve & crew (qty?) 5/17 (Wed) 5/21 (Sun)

Fishtales Roger & PJ May 15 May 21

Islander Ron 5-17 5-21

M/V Pounder Jim and Kathy Wednesday, May 17, 2006 Sunday, May 21, 2006 We are looking forward to the 4th Extravaganza.

Sealife Mike Brodey 5/17 5/21 I'm up for whatever the group would like to do. Pounder, are you ready to take it to the next level?

SeaSpray Steve& Karen 5/17? 5/20 This is my back yard but I have not had the C-Dory in the bay yet.

Is everyone signed on to the C-Brats? If so, go ahead and sign up for this years cruise so Jim can know who and how many will be attending.

The question of what to do is still open for discussion. Do we cruise down to the Bay again, or do we stay near Rio Vista to cruise and explore the upper reaches of the Delta?
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Roger Fishtales:

We will be putting forth some specific itinerary proposals together in the near future. Want to talk to John at the Duck Club. After we get some informaiton we can float some proposals. Hang tight.
Jim Gibson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All:

Below is a Conceptual Plan for the 4th Annual, Delta/Bay Extravaganza.

This event is officially from Wednesday, May 17th, through Sunday, May 21st. Right now there are eight (Cool boats registered, with approximately 14 attendees as follows:

1. Pounder (2)
2. Discovery (2)
3. Dinner Belle II (2)
4. Fishtales (2)
5. Dora Jean (2)
6. Islander (1)
7. Sealife (1)
8. SeaSpray (2).

We talked to John and Robbin (Dinner Belle II), and they generously offered to host us at their Private Duck Club again. We are much appreciative for this unique opportunity and consider it quite a privilege.

Our activity schedule is slightly different this year, and we hope that we can make most of our C-Dory people happy. The proposed schedule for this trip is as follows:

A. Wednesday, May 17th, leave Delta Marina (Rio Vista) no later than Noon, and arrive at the Wheeler Island Private Duck Club Wednesday late afternoon

B. Thursday, May 18th, leave Wheeler Island by approximately Noon (Eudy has an on-the-water club tour planned for Thursday morning), and arrive at Petaluma (the exact marina still to be determined) Thursday late afternoon

C. Friday, May 19th, leave Petaluma at an appropriate time to transverse San Pablo Bay, and arrive at Sausalito (Schoonmaker Point Marina). (On this Friday morning, John and Robbin will be returning to their home for another pre-arranged commitment.)

D. Saturday, May 20th, leave Sausalito mid-morning and arrive at Jack London Square, Oakland (the exact marina still to be determined)

E. Sunday, May 21st, leave Jack London Square at daybreak, and migrate back to Rio Vista.

We believe that this year’s schedule will offer something for everybody, and provide two brand new marina destinations (Petaluma and Jack London Square) that the group has not gone to before. The schedule also fits with the Eudy’s truncated trip time-schedule.

For full disclosure, this trip is not for the faint-of-heart. The trip covers a lot of nautical miles in a relatively short time period, and there is always unpredictability with weather and water conditions. (Yes, we still have to cross San Pablo Bay, twice!) This trip is definitely not recommended for the 16 foot C-Dory. As always, each boat captain is solely responsible for their own boat’s ultimate safety and well-being. The more experienced and competent-on-the-water C-Dory people have generally enjoyed this trip the most.

This is our 4th time at this C-Dory Cruise, and we have always enjoyed ourselves and all the other C-Dory buckaroos on each Extravaganza. We enthusiastically look forward to this trip each year. We have only one enforceable rule this year- NO Whining!

We hope that this Mother Goose, “Posse Cruise” can meet most people’s needs. In years past our C-Dory group has generally stayed, and played, together, and we hope that is the case this year.

After reviewing the above conceptual trip plan please reaffirm your attendance. As soon as we have the final head count we will go ahead and make appropriate marina reservations. More details of this trip will be forthcoming after the reservations are made in terms of exact marinas, launching and parking at Rio Vista, marina security deposits, meals, food assignments, activities, prizes, and other information.

Friday, March 17th of this month, will be the final, drop-dead date for sign-up on this event. The reason for this closure date being the need to make advance reservations in a fairly high demand marine area. Do not expect to attend this event if you are not signed up by Friday, March 17th.

Thank you all for your interest in this trip. The vast majority of indicated attendees are repeats from prior years, and we believe this is some testimonial to the overall experience. New attendees are very welcome to participate. As always, we look forward to seeing everyone at this annual C-Dory event.
Islander

City/Region: Channel Islands Harbor
Vessel Name: Islander
Photos: Islander
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pounder Jim,

This is one of my favorite trips of the year!
Islander will be there. If I can be of any assistance in any of the plannig please let me know.

Ron
Dora~Jean

City/Region: Simi Valley
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Dora~Jean
Photos: Dora~Jean
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

Great schedule and locations. Consider Dora~Jean "reaffirmed" for the trip. Not completely sure how I'll get to Rio Vista by noon Wednesday, probably will have to leave the night before and get within 100-200 miles by Wednesday early morning. No worries though, the trip is worth whatever it takes to be a part of such a great event -- and with your leadership -- that much better! And please let us know how I/we can help, especially to help you, John and Robbin with food or other arrangements.

Thanks,
Steve
Hoop

City/Region: Friday Harbor, WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Sea Spaniel
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi folks,

If it would be OK and if my schedule permits, I am thinking I'ld like to stop by to say hello maybe on the 18th or 19th. Part of my "looking over the C-Dory field" efforts. And I know from past experience, that rendezvous' are a lot of fun.

C-Pup16 in Los Angeles

City/Region: Los Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Pup
Photos: C-Pup
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: No 16s in San Pablo Bay for sure! Reply with quote

Guess C-Pup is going to stay in warmer (and calmer) waters! ~Keith
Discovery

City/Region: LOA, UTAH
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Discovery
Photos: Discovery
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,

The schedule looks good to us. Consider Discovery "reaffirmed". We may stay in the SF Bay area for a few more days. Have friends to visit with after the group exits. After the excellent guiding we received last year, we feel we can make the return to Rio Vista on our own.

Brent and Dixie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: