View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: Wilbur
Photos: Da Boats
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:08 pm    Post subject: New Garmin Handhelds - GPSMAP 60C/60CS Reply with quote

I've been eyeballing handheld GPS units for a while, mainly thinking it would be nice to have a backup to a permanently installed unit. I'd also like something to use in my truck for road trips.

Garmin is set to start shipping a couple cool new units in January - the GPSMAP 60C and 60CS. They both have TFT color screens (bright, good in daylight), and it looks like the only difference between the two (other than price) is the inclusion of an electronic compass and barometric sensor on the 60CS.

Navigation-wise, they appear identical. They are BlueChart compatible, so if you already have purchased unlock codes for your main Garmin chartplotter, you can use up your second free one on these units. They use internal memory instead of the chips used in other units, but there's plenty of storage - 64MB, which as an example, is sufficient to hold all three west coast regions (Mexico to Puget Sound).

I'll be taking a close look at these unit at SBS...looks promising.

lyle-t

City/Region: Olympia
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Scorpio
Photos: Scorpio
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you can get a discount if bought in quanity. Maybe some critter lover could use one (IF IT IS FOGGY OUT) ?? Maybe I just stuck my foot in my mouth?? Maybe I have had too much wine with dinner?? Maybe I am just a rabble rouser HEE HEE?

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyle -

I was just thinking about you when I posted that big old razzberry smiley face in CM's neutralizing thread. Well, the razzberry didn't make me think of you, but posting the smiley did. You must have found a few more goofy gifs by now? Let's just see how tolerant Da Nerd is!

lyle-t

City/Region: Olympia
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Scorpio
Photos: Scorpio
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
What me give anyone a bad time? Just glad it wasn't me lost in the fog. Once in Willipa bay was enough so I fired up the hand held GPS and found my fishing spot away from the shiping lane. I would not push on this forum and get kicked off, then I would have to start my own web site and probably loose all my new found friends.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: