The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

The C-Disaster 22' C-Dory Refit in Alaska
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Wolfe

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Wolfe
Photos: C-Wolfe
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrelroll wrote:
. I also have a really expensive snapon hooded long sleeve t-shirt that came with a free tool box that's great for keeping boat parts out of my lovely locks and is pretty thin.

Darn, Snap-On is giving free tool box now, although i have a small idea how much you paid for that fancy hoody.

I didn't succeed getting all the bow deck core out though got the hardest to access stuff out, I'll call it a victory. EZ-Anchor puller wants minimum of a 5/8" thick deck and it originally had 1/2" core. I'm tempted to see if 1/2" marine plywood will conform enough to the deck, glass it in, and then come back with a backer of 1/2" or 3/8". It's probably not a good idea to try and pull on a blasa deck.

I did a similar repair on my previous sailboat, marine plywood does not bend easily so I ended up scoring the plywood every few inches about 1/3 of it deep. I made sure to fill all the groove with thicken epoxy and covered it with a layer of mat before clamping it to the top skin.

]

Pretty impressive how much you have gotten done in just a few days, If you ever come to Anchorage and get bored let me know, I'll keep you busy Laughing

sparkle; Ericson 25 CB 2008-2012
Sculpin; Drascombe Drifter 2005-2008
barrelroll

City/Region: Juneau
State or Province: AK
Photos: barrelroll
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tired updating this thread the other day with no luck. Now it looks like it will let me post on it. I haven't given up though it's still in the shop.

I did update my thread on the hull truth, it's a lot quicker/ easier to put pictures up over there.

https://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/1212606-c-disaster-22-c-dory-angler-refit-alaska.html
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been following the thread on THT. I have found that adding photos here works best if you put them in your album, and then link the IMG from there....

Thank you for the updates!

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
clayhubler

City/Region: La Center
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hammerhead
Photos: Hammerhead
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

barrelroll,

I remember when you first posted here. I read your post and thought you were crazy for thinking you were going to get that boat ready for summer. I was really rooting for you, and I thought you might make it when I saw your pics of the tolman. Many times while chiseling out rotten core, I thought, man, I should have just built a boat from scratch.

The boat is really looking good. I have to commend all the hard work. Don't sell it as is, you wont get anything for it. You're so close, and you can definitely make it this summer, and you will be able to use it until you finish the tolman.

I really like the sliding door you have put on the boat, and the drum winch is really cool, too.

Keep up the good work. You will find it much more satisfying working in your newly organized shop.

I find it very tedious to upload photos to the c-brats. It was easy enough once I had help, but I have very slow internet, so it really takes some time.

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing great on those boats. But I love the shop. So wish I had one here in Wisconsin, especially this time of year. Like now. I've got some work I need to do replacing a vent in C-Traveler. I have the webasto heater that keeps the cabin warm, but working on the roof in below freezing weather, and this coming week, highs in the teens, isn't any fun....I think we'll get some low 30 days in another week, that will probably be the warmest I get for a while... Best of luck with finishing up both boats. And great work on the shop!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: