The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Somebody - Please - Go cruising with Daydream!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Somebody - Please - Go cruising with Daydream!! Reply with quote

Whoa - Pat - Spring fever?? I got a touch of it too, and making the signups and reading the plans has helped a little. Thanks!

A bunch of events were added to the Calendar tonight, so please look things over and let me know if I got any of the info wrong or the links fouled up.

I don't know why the front page list isn't in the correct chrono order. Nerd stuff. Maybe it will fix itself. Maybe Bill can figure it out. Maybe it really doesn't matter as long as it's there. Maybe it does.

rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Somebody - Please - Go cruising with Daydream!! Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:

I don't know why the front page list isn't in the correct chrono order. Nerd stuff. Maybe it will fix itself. Maybe Bill can figure it out. Maybe it really doesn't matter as long as it's there. Maybe it does.

Mike - that's a simple one and it won't fix itself. It's due to the fact that some dates were entered with the single digit months starting with a "0" as in 02/16-02/20 while others where entered without the leading "0" as in 3/10-3/12. The ordering is done like alphabetizing e.g. by order of first character, then second character etc. If the titles get edited, I bet the ordering will be correct.

Roger

TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well don't that beat all. Just goes to show you - them nerds might be smart but they ain't got a lick of common sense. My computer thinks 2.83 billion time a second and it can't even figure out a damn date??

Thanks.
dogon dory

State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: DogOnDory
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Folks - Post Deleted By Author

Last edited by dogon dory on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dogon dory wrote:
TyBoo wrote:
Well don't that beat all. Just goes to show you - them nerds might be smart but they ain't got a lick of common sense. My computer thinks 2.83 billion time a second and it can't even figure out a damn date??

Thanks.

I read somewhere that statistically 99.9% of computer problems originate between the keyboard and the back of the chair.

I'd agree with that - sometimes between the user's keyboard and chair, but more often between the software developer's keyboard and chair. In this particular case, the code used to order the stuff in the events field is simple and was not written with the intention of being able to recognize dates (which are mixed in with other text and not given their own field). This is a common problem - I have the same problem with filenames which contain dates. If filenames start with dates, the only way to get them ordered properly by name is to use a name that is formatted as YYYYMMDD. The people who wrote the code that order's filenames did not expect to find files that start with a date and simply made the simplest choice for ordering by filename - nobody's fault per say. Just an end user with a different goal than what the developer had.
dogon dory

State or Province: AK
Vessel Name: DogOnDory
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Folks - Post Deleted By Author

Last edited by dogon dory on Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Somebody - Please - Go cruising with Daydream!! Reply with quote

You only have a "touch"? I have a case!!!! (Spring Fever, for the uninitiated, is the name of one of our seasonal specialties at Snoqualmie Falls)...

Spring Fever

Orange hues, rich malt flavors, spicy coriander overtones, almost tropical aromas reminiscent of crushed pineapple and banana, this is one beautiful beer for fans of Belgian styles! Spring Fever is crafted from the finest English Pale Ale, Munich, Carastan and Belgian Aromatic malts, Columbus and Czech Saaz hops, spiced with coriander, and fermented with authentic Belgian ale yeast. Don’t miss out on this special treat for Spring!
Technical Information
Alcohol, by Volume 7.0%
International Bittering Units 32 IBUs
Original Gravity 1.070

TyBoo wrote:
Whoa - Pat - Spring fever?? I got a touch of it too,

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

El and Bill

City/Region: Lakewood, CO
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Halcyon
Photos: Halcyon
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A case of Spring Fever?? Gads, what a sad situation --- ummmmmmm. Gotta get one!
oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, I have never had the pleasure of sampling your different brews. I have been a Guinness Draught Beer drinker and like their beer. Do you make anything similar or a brew that you think us Guinness drinkers would like? How widely are your beers distributed? Beer Beer

Last edited by oldgrowth on Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total
CatyMae n Steve

City/Region: Jefferson, OR
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: CatyMae
Photos: CatyMae
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're way beyond spring fever...anyone got any connections at the factory to get our new boat in a mold? The weather's breaking out in sunshine and we're sittin here lookin at the ol' boat. Gawd this is a hard wait! I guess the upside is it'll be paid off before it's reached its expected age of payoff....right -- since it isn't even born yet? Sad Scott gave us an ETA of 3/17, but if it's not in the mold yet, I dunno how that'll happen....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: