The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

09/29 - 10/01 - Sequim Bay, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got a call from the Sequim gang earlier tonight...man, I wish I was there. They passed the phone around, I had pleasant chats with several of the attendees...sounds like a great time is being had by all.

I'll toss a little teaser out there...a C-Brat first was experienced at this gathering, and it's a doozy. A great story that I won't spoil...I'll let one of the attendees spill the beans, and hopefully they'll post some pictures of this very unique experience... Mr. Green

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would this happen to be that particular "first" (A CD14)?? Or had Lyle brought her by as Scorpio before? Oh, yes...one day she will be MINE!

Da Nag wrote:

I'll toss a little teaser out there...a C-Brat first was experienced at this gathering, and it's a doozy. A great story that I won't spoil...I'll let one of the attendees spill the beans, and hopefully they'll post some pictures of this very unique experience... Mr. Green

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was a "first" too! Baxter meets Sophie, subtitled "Just how shallow is THAT gene pool????"

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or THIS first - an honorary C-Brat wedding!

You will just have to guess about this one! Kerry Hinds weds Lee Miller at Sequim dock, 9-30-06.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo and crew made it home safely. Another successful trip...

And a great one it was. Sequim is kind of a special one for me. It's the only one we have never missed. It's also where we were when we found our CD25. Very nice weekend.

Da Nag is right - it was a doozy of a first. And it wasn't Pat's dream yacht making it either, since this was the second Sequim CBGT for that particular boat. First time for Mr. E, though. He and his wife are great additions to the fleet, and it was neat to meet them finally. Same with the others we met for the first time and the old friends as well. What a great bunch of folks!

Oh yeah, back to the "event". I'm sure somebody will have a comment or two. I'll give them a chance. For a couple additional teasers: Reverend Dave and Rear-Reverend Jim notwithstanding, it was the first time a genuine man of the cloth has been on my boat, even if he was just passing through. Probably the first time the whole dockful at a CBGT bowed their heads in prayer, too.

Last edited by TyBoo on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
TyBoo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, here's the story. Even with a few of the boats out cruising, the Sequim Bay dock was full of C-Dorys when a large sailboat swings by with an oddly-dressed skipper looking rather distressed. On the second pass, one of the crew asked if they could raft alongside briefly so they could pick up a bride. Why sure - who wouldn't let 'em? So they tied up to the TyBoo and we allowed some folks to cross over from the dock to the sailboat. Then came a couple of young ladies dressed up very nice, although not exactly in sailing attire. We helped them through, as well. Their plan was to motor out into the bay for a wedding ceremony. However - probably because they were so taken by the friendly bunch on the dock - they decided to step up onto the bow of their boat and have the ceremony right there with all of us as honored guests. We all stood, clapped and bowed our heads as directed by the Pastor, and these two delightful young folks began their new lives right there at our little gathering. Now isn't that something? One part with which I was not too comfortable was when the bride came onto the dock after the ceremony and asked all the unmarried ladies to form a line for the bouquet toss. The uncomfortable part was the fact that the only three single girls there were my grandaughters! Tiffany caught the flowers, and she is now grounded until she is 27. Other than that, the entire happening was a real treat for us, and I feel certain it made a special moment for the young couple even more memorable. We gave them the web directions to the site, so they will be checking in one of these days.

Last edited by TyBoo on Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyBoo wrote:
Probably the first time the whole dockful at a CBGT bowed their heads in prayer, too.

C-Devert

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 1987
Vessel Name: none
Photos: C-Devert (Name TBD)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:08 pm    Post subject: Hey Thanks to all you . . . Brats, I guess Reply with quote

Wanted to extend my appreciation to all you friendly folks. I enjoyed meeting all of you . . . let's see how well I can remember names; Larry, 2 Cathy's (most likely both spelled with a C Smile Joe, Dusty, Fred and some others I forgot.

Sorry I didn't get to say hi to oldgrowth, Dave. and thank him for his wisdom. A special thanks to Fred for the ride on his 16 angler, what a treat. Great bunch of people. I can't wait to pick up my boat the last week in October . . . hey, I'm already looking forward to the 22 or 25 and I don't even have the first one yet.

Regards to all, Carl[/img]

Sea Wolf

City/Region: Redding
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Wolf
Photos: Sea Wolf
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Sounds like another very special C-Brat event. Funny how things unexpected seem to materialize at these gatherings!

That 14 looks great, but pretty small. Bet Mr. Ed REALLY gets the "Cute" comments!

The photo looks like you were caught between wanting to be serious and trying not to laugh!

Patty's face is a dead giveaway that there's something else going on. ???

Sounds like Mike is going to be a stern 'no funny business around here" parent to the girls:

"Tiffany caught the flowers and she's now grounded until she's 27."

Nice try, Mike but I don't think you've got enough hair left to be tearing it out over worry for another 15 years!

Glad you all had a great time, and wish I could have been there!

Joe.

Sea Wolf, C-Brat #31
Lake Shasta, California

"Most of my money I spent on boats and women. The rest I squandered'. " -Annonymous
Larry Q

City/Region: Rochester, Wa
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-ya
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to all at the Sequim gathering!! It was so fun to finally meet a bunch of you that I've been following on the brats web page for many months.
Ruth and Joe sure are extra special people, they even made sure that I didn't run into the dock upon arrival.
After having this much fun at a brat gathering I don't think we will miss too many in the future.
The pot luck and bon fire were sure a high light of the trip, the food and company could not have been better....even with Pat's snoring in the back ground. He did look well rested this morning when he and Patty stopped by the dock on their way home.
Hope to see everyone at the Seattle Boat Show in January.
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, great picture, not sure I can tell who they all are because of the glare from that head.

Sorry I/we couldn't make it. Kate is leaving for Maui tomorrow for a month and insists that I join her. And I had an 8 hour USCG Aux patrol today that I needed for my crew certification.

Will enjoy the next month of C-brats posts from our other island.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
TyBoo

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yet another first for us was a fantastic plaque presented to each boat in attendance by Bill of Slow-N-Easy. He was not only gracious enough to design and procure the things, he and his wife drove all the way up from CA to deliver them. It was neat to finally get to meet these folks, and it was very nice to receive the plaques. Thank you, Bill.

Here's the best photo I could get of the plaque. I'm hoping someone with a (working) scanner will do it justice and repost.

Mr. E's C

City/Region: Beaverton, Oregon
C-Dory Model: 14 Angler
Vessel Name: Mr. E's C
Photos: Hunky Dory
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fellow C-Brats....Thanks for a great weekend on Sequim Bay. Pam and I felt really welcomed into the C-Brat clan. Wished we would of had a little bigger boat, so we could have stayed overnight, but the smallest C-Dory would be really hard to sleep on. The potluck and campfire were also outstanding. We hope to see all of you at the Seattle Boat Show....Wayne and Pam
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great weekend. Thanks to Jon and Cynthia for putting on a good get together. And thanks to all who gathered at the dock, with and without boats. You all helped make it a special time. More tomorrow, pictures included. I am a bit tired right now, long day. Confused Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another great gathering. Thanks Jon and Cynthia for putting this together again this year, good job. It was nice to meet all the new folks and to get reaquainted with all our old friends. The fire pit on Saturday night is coming to be one of my favorite times at these gatherings.
I came over with the 16 Angler for the weekend. I spent both nights on the boat. I wished Brock was hear so he could have given me a few pointers. All in all I managed and some how got a decent nights sleep. I'm not sure that would have happened if it rained. The canvas is in some disrepair.
Thanks to everyone it was a great time.

Fred
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: