The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/12 - 05/14 - Friday Harbor C-Brats Get-Together
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pioneer

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Honey Bee
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:05 pm    Post subject: San Juan Island get together Reply with quote

Just bought 1993 22’ C-Dory cruiser. Needs TLC and working on it. Hope to do a drive by in May.
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: San Juan Island get together Reply with quote

Pioneer wrote:
Just bought 1993 22’ C-Dory cruiser. Needs TLC and working on it. Hope to do a drive by in May.

Yes, stop by and congratulations on your purchase. We would love to see your new to you 22 Cruiser even if you are not done with the TLC. I can add you to the list for the Saturday morning, free Auxiliary Coast Guard Vessel Safety Inspection if you would like. Just PM me. Smile

Surveyor1

City/Region: Friday Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1998
Vessel Name: Jett
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:05 pm    Post subject: Friday Harbor thing Reply with quote

So I’ve not been to a gathering before and was wondering how it works.
If the event is for 2 or 3 days do we each have to pay for that length of stay in advance ? How does it work?
Surveyor1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 7:13 pm    Post subject: FH thing Reply with quote

How do I sign up?
DayBreak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surveyor1,

I see you are signed up for the FH event on the C-Brats main header sign-up. As coordinators for this years’ event, Colleen (my wife) and I are asking those attending to PM us with some specific information that the Port is requesting. The Port has given us a very nice discount (see below) so we are working with them to gather this info to help determine which slips to reserve. In addition we gather info on who is attending to help the group get to know one another better.

If you wouldn’t mind PMing your boat name, boat length, arrival date, departure date, captain(s) name, name(s) of passengers, and if you wish a coast guard vessel inspection (free on Sat AM). Note that we realize plans can change, so it is OK if your arrival/departure dates change last minute.

No need to make your own reservations. The Port will be reserving the inside of H dock for our group. As you approach Friday Harbor, simply radio the port (or call on the phone) and let them know that you are with the C-Dory / C-Brats gathering. They will assign you a slip. Once docked, you can go to the kiosk or Harbor Masters’ office and pay.

The Port is offering us a group discount: $.25 off , making the rate $0.80/ft per night. Power is an additional $0.10/ft per night.

Looking forward to seeing you soon,
Gary
DayBreak

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our Friday Harbor gathering is just 7 weeks away. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Smile

Now that we can gather more easily, we would like to add some more planned activities. Currently we have the following activities for Saturday: AM Auxiliary Coast Guard vessel inspections and 5pm Saturday Potluck, followed by boat christenings. We would like to add some presentations/interest groups and hikes. Please PM me and let us know if you are interested in the following things.

On Saturday afternoon, we are willing to coordinate some interest groups or presentations. If anyone is willing to share expertise on boating or fishing topics, PM me and I will schedule time slots for these.

On Wednesday, May 11, Colleen and I plan to be at Stuart Island. We will hike to the Turn Point Lighthouse for a picnic lunch and all are welcome to join us. From the Prevost harbor dock, it is a moderate 6 mile hike with a steep downhill for the last .3 miles. We will first hike to the Stuart Island School / Museum (2.7 mile round trip), and then continue to the Lighthouse on dirt/gravel roads (another 3.4 mile round trip). We plan to leave at 10 am. Bring water (2 bottles), appropriate clothing and food for a picnic at the Lighthouse.

On Friday, we are also willing to lead a hike on Jones Island Marine State Park on Friday, May, 13th. If we have enough interest, we can leave Friday Harbor at 10 am. Starting from the Jones Island dock, we will hike through the center road to the south shore and can then choose to hike a 2 mile loop on the east or west side. This hike is slightly hilly with great shoreline and views. Again, bring water and food for a picnic.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, I only have two boats requesting christening at Friday Harbor. Do not tempt the gods of the sea by cruising in an unchristened C-Dory! PM me if you would like your boat christened!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI all C-Brats going to Friday Harbor. They had a large fire in town today. Should not affect the meeting at all but there is one watering hole less to visit.

One of the videos from KOMO shows about 1 for of the fire fighting efforts. Very sad for the business owners right at the start of the season.
https://komonews.com/news/local/crews-work-to-put-out-fire-in-downtown-friday-harbor

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is really not something that that island community needed. What a tragedy and awful timing. Hope for a quick recovery.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m out cruising the San Juans for a few days, and after last night at Sucia I dropped by Friday Harbor this afternoon for a few gallons of gas. Cruising in I saw way too much smoke for a barbecue and it seemed clear a building was on fire. The gas attendant said Herb’s and three or four other businesses were destroyed. She was quite saddened, as were all. I walked up and saw the destruction. It’s just very unfortunate, and left onlookers feeling empty, as a longtime part of the town is now gone.
Sounding a lighter note, I spoke to the folks in the Harbormaster’s office, and they’re expecting us in just over a month. Things are in good order from their prospective, and they’re looking forward to seeing us. Said Gary was doing a fine job of coordinating!
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking forward to seeing everyone, and hoping for glorious weather like last year.
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
That is really not something that that island community needed. What a tragedy and awful timing. Hope for a quick recovery.

Wasn't there another commercial fire in FH a couple of years ago. Down by the ferry terminal.
Surveyor1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m sure most of us know that it’s gonna be lingcod season.
As the local boy I can show you where you WILL catch one.
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
State or Province: AZ
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:
hardee wrote:

Wasn't there another commercial fire in FH a couple of years ago. Down by the ferry terminal.

2013. A fire started in Downriggers Restaurant. The office of the whale watch company we worked for was right underneath the restaurant. The business owner, Joan, and I were the first ones back into the building when the Fire Department allowed it, to retrieve business items. The building was a total loss; it took years for the Port of Friday Harbor to get through the permitting process and a new building to be built. A serious impact on all the businesses located in that building.

This current situation is going to be a scar on the quaint beauty that is Friday Harbor, along with a hardship on the businesses (and employees and families) involved.

When you come off the ferry, those buildings were part of the first view and impression that visitors experienced. Another sad time for the community.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman, Thanks for the eyes on report. By the time the Brats get there, the caution tape might be down from the far sides of the street but there is going to be a big black wound on the top half of that block. Those are not Port buildings, but that won't make the permitting any easier. They were old and dignified. Some of the FH character went up with the smoke.

Not sure if I will be able to make FH this year or not, the plan was to be on a cross country mc trip, but Covid bit that one. Plan B was to do a move from Central Oregon to central Minnesota, but that has been delayed now, to the point in may run over FH-CBGT. Sure hope to get to see some water this summer Confused

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: