The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

May Need to Part with My Girl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chipgoodhue

City/Region: hansville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Rosey D.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:39 pm    Post subject: May Need to Part with My Girl Reply with quote

Old member who long ago lost login info, so just reregistered.

After over 25 years of ownership, I'm contemplating parting with my cherished 1987 22 Angler. Named after my wife, now gone unfortunately, I find little opportunities remain to fish in Puget Sound anymore, and grandkids on the east coast where a different style of boat is in order, the seasons open, and fish biting.

The Rosey D. has a circa 2015 Honda 90, new foam floor and fiberglass transom done by the Port Townsend shipwrights, Lowrance HDS 8 Chartplotter and radar, cannon Mag 10s, new radio, stainless rod holders and rocket launcher, twin batteries, and she rides on a 6000lb Tuff Trailer.

Any recommendation on how to price her, there are so few comps?....I want her to go to a good home at a fair price, with a covenant of no name change!

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Chip[/img]
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chip,

First off, so sorry to hear about the passing of your wife. Your vessel, Rosey D has been a part of your life for a long time and my recommendation for you is to not be in a hurry to sell her immediately. Prices are currently high for quality, used C-Dory boats right now. Good time to sell! It will be beneficial for you to have many photos available of Rosey D and post them in the sale. If the vessel is in sound condition, it will be worth more than you think. I am thinking 30K plus based on the information you have given. Be patient in the process to sell. Take refundable deposits, giving time for prospective buyers to have the vessel properly surveyed. Time is on your side, don't be in a hurry for a quick sale! You have a very special C-Dory that many will hope to own. Gary.

hardee

City/Region: Sequim
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Chip, Nice to have you back. Sorry for your loss.

No guarantee here, but there's a chance that if you contact Will or Mike, (Member list button up top, and they are the first two with the ADMIN button. Send them a PM. Can't hurt, and they are pretty good to respond. They may be able to reconnect you with your old account and if you had photos, that may help. Current photos, as Gary mentioned would also be very helpful. I agree with Gary, don't be in a hurry. I'm not that far away if there is anything I can do to help. It sounds like you have a good vessel and well set up.

All the best in your effort.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Robert H. Wilkinson

City/Region: Port Ryerse
State or Province: ON
Vessel Name: Romakeme IV
Photos: Romakeme IV
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back! Sorry for your loss. If I was in the market for this boat I would be honored to keep its name.

Good luck with the sale,

Rob

PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry for your loss. 87 was a transition year. I think your boat would be the first year of the new hull. If so, it's more desirable then previous years with the more flat hull and plywood core.

You have a modern outboard with repairs to the hull completed by a competent shop. updated electronics. A lot of the expensive stuff to update is done.

Depending on how it presents in person, I'd think you could probably get an offer in the upper 20s to low/mid 30s. Good luck, don't let anybody low ball you!

T.R. Bauer

City/Region: Wasilla
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: C-Whisperer
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always hard to say how much something is worth. But if it shows well and is as nice as I think it is, 40k? Which by the way, isn't very much money any more for nice stuff.
chipgoodhue

City/Region: hansville
C-Dory Year: 1987
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Rosey D.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, thanks all for the kind words, Rose was a city girl who learned the art of seamanship, and to fish and crab. She was most happy running the boat with her girlfriends on board, and with Captain Ahab on the beach!

Secondly, my apologies....she is an 85 and flat, just checked the title. And all these years I thought she was an 87.....no matter.

Its a very emotional decision having owned her for over 25 years...I don't see a lot of opportunities for fishing here w/o a lot of logistics and trailering, and plenty in RI right from the slip. Logic would dictate selling her and getting a boat on the east coast. We'll see what prevails...if I do sell her, I'd likely list her in early March.

Chip
kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Island Magic
Photos: Stil-Afloat
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for your loss and I hope you get out with a friend fishing when the season is open.

I would price it in the low 30’s if it has the newer hull design.

There is a 1993 that has been priced at 49k for a long time in San Diego but of course the devil is in the details.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> All C-Dorys, All The Time All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: