jkidd

City/Region: Northern, Utah
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Voyager
Photos: Voyager (JK)
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 7610 has the ability to show the autopilot on the screen and to engage the autopilot from there as well. The Garmin autopilot would use the heading sensor to lock onto a course. You might or might not be able to do a go to or a route. It might be that it just can’t display on the MDF or control from it. So I would give Garmin a call and ask them about the compatibility.

Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob, my Raymarine S100 wireless remote connects to the Raymarine EV150 through a dedicated receiver & converter, which is not Bluetooth or Wi-F. The Seatalk receiver/converter converts the Seatalk nmea 0813 to nmea 2000 & into the nmea 2000 network.

When away from the helm at displacement speed, I use a lanyard around my neck attached to the wireless controller. On long slow cruising days, when JoLee takes a nap in the V berth, I’ll sit on the portable West marine chair placed on the passenger seat cushions with the table down & my feet up & my back & neck supported. A great place & way to comfortably sit, & still steer the boat. The binocs in reach & iPad running Navionics on my lap.

I imagine the Garmin wireless remote is just as good or better. I agree, very handy & worth the extra cost. Actually, when ever I leave the helm while underway, the remote goes with me.

Jay

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunkydory wrote:
Bob, my Raymarine S100 wireless remote connects to the Raymarine EV150 through a dedicated receiver & converter, which is not Bluetooth or Wi-F. The Seatalk receiver/converter converts the Seatalk nmea 0813 to nmea 2000 & into the nmea 2000 network.

Actually, when ever I leave the helm while underway, the remote goes with me.

Jay

Jay, I see that the S 100 (which I have on my S 1000 system), now comes with the "Base Station" which needs to be plugged into a "Sea Talk" port. The older S 1000 system, does not appear to have a base station, but the S 100 corresponds directly with the "brains" of the S 1000. It appears that the S 100 has changed very little if any over the last 17 years, by comparing the 2005 and 2021 manuals.

I have not found the frequency of the S100--but some FCC filings suggest it is in the 800 to 1200 MHz range of RF.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thataway wrote:
Hunkydory wrote:

Actually, when ever I leave the helm while underway, the remote goes with me.

Jay

Jay, I see that the S 100 (which I have on my S 1000 system), now comes with the "Base Station" which needs to be plugged into a "Sea Talk" port. The older S 1000 system, does not appear to have a base station, but the S 100 corresponds directly with the "brains" of the S 1000. It appears that the S 100 has changed very little if any over the last 17 years, by comparing the 2005 and 2021 manuals.

I have not found the frequency of the S100--but some FCC filings suggest it is in the 800 to 1200 MHz range of RF.

I too originally had the S1000 that connected directly to the brain with the S100. With the EV150 it’s just as you described with the base station being what I called in my description “the receiver” followed by the converter.

Jay
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Electronics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: