State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Nordic DT gives this description:

Quote:
Simple cooking or heating power control with rheostat. When heating, the panel can sense room temperature and adjust power output to keep your cabin warm and comfortable. For this reason, the panel should not be mounted directly in front of stove/heater.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
macmac

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 6:55 pm    Post subject: Thataway Reply with quote

This describes running in Thermo Mode (light in the bottom left of the control panel ON). Whenever you start a Nordic Dt, that light will be off, indicating it is in Manual Mode - a simple throttle control, best for cooking, but you can heat that way too. Twisting the knob quickly left-right-left will turn that light on or off. Once the light is on, the room temp is measured at the panel.

Thanks.

Doug at Scan.
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pcg wrote:
Hunkydory wrote:
is the propane stove cook top also vented like the Wallas?
Jay

It will be, but not with integral ventilation like the Wallas. In my camper, which I designed and had custom built by Four Wheel Campers, I have a Fantastic roof vent fan directly over the propane stove. In my C-Dory I'm planning on removing the rear starboard side window and installing the same vent in its place, directly above the Dickinson stove top.

Paul

Paul, nice choice with the Four Wheel Camper. We had the Grandby model of Four Wheel Campers installed on a new 1984 Ford 3/4 ton pick up in 1984 & kept it for 27 years. Our present Eagle Cap truck camper has two Fantastic roof fans plus another exhaust fan over the propane stove burners. It will be interesting to see how the Fantastic Fan works out on your camper & boat. To much air movement & you lose your heat & to little & moisture inside the boat builds. We have a Nicro solar battery run fan directly over the Wallas area for removing condensation from heating water, cooking & coffee making, it works well for that, but can’t keep up with high condensation from certain weather induced high condensation or condensation from using the Buddy Heater or other direct flame propane use especially when they are combined, like we have had experience, when on our SE Alaska cruises & the old 95D Wallas quit.

Jay

pcg

City/Region: Sherwood
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1999
Vessel Name: C-Quest
Photos: pcg
PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunkydory wrote:
pcg wrote:
Hunkydory wrote:
is the propane stove cook top also vented like the Wallas?
Jay

It will be, but not with integral ventilation like the Wallas. In my camper, which I designed and had custom built by Four Wheel Campers, I have a Fantastic roof vent fan directly over the propane stove. In my C-Dory I'm planning on removing the rear starboard side window and installing the same vent in its place, directly above the Dickinson stove top.

Paul

We had the Grandby model of Four Wheel Campers installed on a new 1984 Ford 3/4 ton pick up in 1984 & kept it for 27 years. ... It will be interesting to see how the Fantastic Fan works out on your camper & boat. To much air movement & you lose your heat...
Jay

Yes, in cold weather we're careful to only open the roof vent and run the fan while cooking, although we leave the vent open (fan off) and a window cracked at night to prevent condensation build-up from our breathing. We like it cold for sleeping and sleep under a big down comforter. I thought we were old timers after 23 years in our FWC, but you got us beat. Wink I built out a shell which was based on the Grandby, but has Al struts placed where I wanted to fit my layout for utilities and we had it made an inch shorter so we could keep the tailgate on.
We've spent over 500 nights in the camper and the layout suits us well for our style of exploring, so we're hoping we can do something similar with the C-Dory, which we're designing for extended boondocking.
Your posts detailing your trips up the Inside Passage keep us inspired!

T.R. Bauer

City/Region: Wasilla
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1993
Vessel Name: C-Whisperer
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The tech at Polar Marine in Anchorage says the new ones are way better than the old ones in design and durability and almost never works on them. I don't have a wallas any longer, but mine was good for 2 decades before it took a dump and I'd still have it if were not for an out of production/obsolete blower lid circuit board. Which by the way, is a total bummer since just about every part inside it was rebuilt 2 or 3 years ago. That is the kind of stuff that made me not buy another one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: