Hi from a new C-Dory owner...!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roamad

City/Region: Isleton
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Photos: Roamad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject: Hi from a new C-Dory owner...! Reply with quote

My wife & I have just acquired a 1988 16-foot C-Dory. I believe “Fisherman” is the correct model name for this year. I’ve already received a lot of help from folks on this forum and I’m grateful for that.

Below is a photo of the boat. My post in the “wanted” forum explains how she joined the family. She needs a lot of TLC and is already getting it, including installation of a 2006 Mercury EFI 4-stroke motor happening soon.

The boat did come pretty well equipped, including a full set of camper canvas in decent shape and even an electric windlass!

By the way, we live aboard a floating house in the California Delta and previously lived aboard two different boats here. I know a lot about this area and would be happy to help with any questions from folks looking to do some boating here.

Boater Rob

City/Region: Albany
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 18-8 Toland
Vessel Name: Sea Pony
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:51 pm    Post subject: Delta Boating Reply with quote

Hi Roamad,
Nice looking boat. Thank you for the offer to share information about boating in the Delta. For the lat couple weeks we have been looking at info down there. Is it feasible to boat down there this time of year? I don’t want to take over your post so I’d be glad to do a PM too.
Rob
Roamad

City/Region: Isleton
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1988
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Photos: Roamad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely it’s possible to boat in the Delta now! Weather wise, I think it’s the best time. Summer can be not only very hot but also buggy and very windy. There’s also fewer people boating this time of year so you’ll have more space to yourself. The one downside in winter is water weeds. They are beginning to die off with the shorter days and cooler weather, which means they are being set adrift in giant clots. So that’s something to watch out for. But it’s mainly on the San Joaquin River side of the estuary, not so much on the Sacramento River. Fog can also be an issue. That’s usually only a concern for a few days after a rain storm. It’s been quite foggy the past week but we’re supposed to get our sunshine back tomorrow.
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roamad, Congratulations on the "new to you" C-Dory. I think you will find the model name is closer to Angler than fisherman, but hey, It's your boat, so you can call it what ever you want ( although I wouldn't recommend "Titanic" Wink

I spent nearly a month down on the Delta a couple of years back with Jim (Pounder) and the Delta Extravaganza. Steve and Karen and I spent a week knocking around before the event and had a great time. WOW, I kept having to pick up my feet ---> afraid I was dragging them to close to the bottom. You have SHALLOW water down there, especially getting into Franks Tract. It was a great time, even docking at Old Town Sacramento on a 4 knot current.

Great place for your 16.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: