The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

chart plotter comparison

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: chart plotter comparison Reply with quote

I found this article comparing the four major brands of chart plotters and their chips.I hope this will help those that are looking to up grade spend your money better.

http://www.navionics.com/NewsArticles/Powerboat%20Reports-Navionics.pdf

Godfry Paul

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:44 pm    Post subject: Navionics Platinum Reply with quote

Great report! Thanks Tom!

From the report, it appears that the Navionics Platinum is the clear winner if price is no object. I've actually seen those charts running on an Raymarine E-120 and they are very impressive. The 3D and the photos are amazing.

Now I just have to decide if it's enough to push me from a C-80 to an E-80. It looks like you have to have the E-Series to run those charts.
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going Platinum wouldn't be enough IMHO because the Navionics Gold is very, very good. Other features of the E-80 are significant factors. Said before, the C-80 will do the job -- the E-80 better. Just money Wink --

Dusty

starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 3-d feature of the e-80 but the rest of the features, video cams, linking more then one screen and the like are more geared to larger boats were a few thousand here a few thaousand there and your just talking about gas money right?
The refresh rate is better but the refresh rate on the c-80 is good and better then it was with the update last year. also navionics is updating again this year and you can mail in and exchange your gold card for a new one with better sounding and charts , also a lot more marina information,comes with phone numbers and radio ch, combined this with the soon to be released Navplanner soft ware, this allows you to use your card on your pc or laptop to plan trips right on the card instead of transferring the data, and you have a damm good system that will be hard to beat, w/ auto pilot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: