View previous topic :: View next topic  
multimediasmith

City/Region: New Orleans' Northshore
State or Province: LA
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: ENDEAVOR
Photos: ENDEAVOR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:49 am    Post subject: Got 'er Home (new to me 25' cruiser) Reply with quote

After a month of back and forth with surveys, vacuum bagging, hurricane evacuation and more, I finally took delivery of the most crispy clean 25.
It's a two owner, kept inside, low hours, creampuff of a boat that was ordered new in 2009 and not splashed 'till 2012. The second owner spent two years loading it up and then traded it in on a big Ranger... my good fortune it turned up in my neighborhood (3 1/2 hrs away), so I immediately drove to Pensacola on the Thursday before IDA to see it in person... It was "like new" as advertised and I immediately put a respectable offer. The next day, I'm hanging shudders on my entire house in preparation for the impending storm. I received a call on Saturday that they liked my offer. The next day we lost power and after 4 days on the generator, we decided to take up the offer to evacuate to Austin for 10 days. While there, I had to deal with the survey, getting a deposit to the broker and interfacing with a boat mechanic to check out the results of the survey. After returning home, we still had no internet for another two weeks. On the way home, I got to stop by the Austins and inspect the legendary "Thataway" before the new owners came for it. They were such a gracious couple and it was a treat to meet them IRL (in real life as the kids say). One of the reasons I now have this boat can be attributed to this group. Thanks to everyone for sharing their passion and experience with these wonderful boats. I look forward to sharing in your adventures and projects.
Will post pics as I learn how...
[https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2009/c--dory-25-cruiser-3862197/][/url]
johnr

City/Region: Bellingham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Stillwater
Photos: Surf Scoter
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your purchase. A C-dory in southern Louisiana! Where are you going to cruise it mostly? Also, nice name for your boat. Better than FORTRAN, that's for sure.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was really great to see the "new boat'--it really did look like new! Thanks for stopping by!
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: