The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

2004 22' Cruiser "Kittiwake" in MA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noo Yawk

City/Region: Truro
State or Province: MA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Kittiwake
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: 2004 22' Cruiser "Kittiwake" in MA Reply with quote

C-Dory 22" Cruiser "Kittiwake".
Peter Burgess (Noo Yawk) peteris@fastmail.com Located in Cape Cod, Mass.

Kittiwake is an almost legendary boat (see C-Brat page, lower left, last link). Now renamed "Kittiwake" for a small bird that lives at sea. She has an almost epic history when she was named "Wanderer". The C-Brat site has a section devoted to the many years she was sailed throughout the country. With that legacy in mind, I have tried my best to keep her in sound condition, clean and shipshape. There's a dance or two in the old dame yet.

. . . I have extensive bow to stern interior/ exterior photos I cannot post here. It will take a long time to upload them - so please, serious inquiries only.
. . . No "just looking". If you're looking for a bargain - keep looking. It would help if you know this boat to appreciate it.
. . . I have a summary of improvements with costs August 2015 - August 2021.

I have spent $79,480 on Kittiwake including the original purchase price. I will be listing it on several sites.
I haven't decided on a price - that depends on the market.

My wife and I bought Kittiwake in August, 2015 for cruising the waters around Cape Cod. We used Kittiwake a few times that September. and then moderately (maybe ten times / year) for the next four years taking short trips around Cape Cod Bay. Although we loved the boat, and had a mooring, our schedules wouldn't cooperate. She died in 2019. Since then I have used Kittiwake twice - once to learn it's not a boat for single handling at my age (seventies). And memories can be overwhelming.

Kittiwake has always been stored under cover in a protected driveway on the trailer, under Sunbrella cover, and both motors have been professionally winterized each year. I check often for moisture under the cover, etc. There have been no problems with storage. And it is now time to pass it along to someone who can appreciate it. One of the two times I have used the boat since 2019 was for a sea trial in March by two local marine scientists from the Provincetown Center for Coastal Studies - looking for a seaworthy boat for Right Whale monitoring on Stellwagen Bank off Boston, and seal research along the "back side" of the Outer Cape. These are not calm waters. They were eager to buy the boat but couldn't spend what it is worth. I have made no attempt to sell Kittiwake since then - until now.

There is nothing I know of that needs attention on this boat. The only problem is that the Walls stove, little used, does not take up diesel fuel from the reservoir. Scan Marine is fairly certain that using a hair dryer for heat and tapping a fitting under the stove where it joins the fuel line will free the fuel flow.

"What's in the boat?" - starting with trailer, hull, and "extras". Then along boat from stern to bow.
Kittiwake is the high-top model (for tall people). The stern cockpit area has floorboards. Color: Forest Green.

1) 2004 Load-Rite trailer with surge brakes. Completely overhauled last December - brakes, wiring (lights), bearings, low mileage tires, new spare.
Bunk-rails along both sides function as guides for launching / retrieving.

2) Recently replaced Sunbrella storage cover with pocket for RayMarine radar pod and motor cover extension.

3) Full forest green Sunbrella camper package - matches hull color. Encloses entire stern and covers all windows (with screens) for complete privacy.

4) New green bottom paint.

5) Large fenders, boat hook, dock lines, life-ring safety station, boarding ladder, spare propeller, spare Danforth anchor, rode and line, CO2 life preservers, fire extinguisher, EPIRB emergency transmitter, tide clock, short-wave radio, foul weather gear, kitchen plates, mugs, and utensils in teak kitchen door-mounted storage cabinets, teak kitchen caddy, teak paper towel rack, etc., etc. 250 quart Yeti cooler-bench with seat cover and boat chairs available.

6) 2017 Honda 100hp 4-stroke with about 60 hours, 2004 Honda 8hp 4-stroke kicker to bring you back alive.

7) Aggressive grip anti-skid pads on swim platform and both sides of motor well.

Cool Drain plugs in motor well open to let water down to bilge pump.

9) Large capacity bilge pump.

10) Male fuel line snap connector attaches fuel line for 8hp, and allows siphoning / draining both tanks with DC pump (available).

11) Two 20 gal. fuel tanks with crossover (have always used 91 octane gas for best 100hp performance).

12) Two good batteries in . . .

13) Recently replaced rear gunwale lazarettes.

14) Stainless rod holders on both gunwales.

15) Recently replaced (latest model) Wallis stove / heater with pot stabilizers.

16) Stainless sink with 30 gal. foot pump water supply and water-level indicator.

17) Dedicated third "house" battery.

1Cool Large capacity AC / DC charger / inverter. Shore power cable.

19) Two 100 watt solar panels on roof trickle-charge all three batteries. On/ off switches for each battery. Needle solar charge indicator.

20) Three battery charge indicators at helm.

21) Power anchor windlass at helm.

22) Garmin color depth guage / fish finder.

23) RayMarine color GPS navigation system with radar assist.

24) ICOM VHF radio with emergency GPS position send function.

25) Two electric window wipers.

26) Two LOUD roof-mounted long trumpet air horns.

27) Stainless bow cleats.

2Cool Plow anchor.

. . . there's more I just can't think of now.
[/i]

KittiwakeSBSide1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  135.28 KB
 Viewed:  239 Time(s)

KittiwakeSBSide1.JPG

PametMooring.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  571.47 KB
 Viewed:  135 Time(s)

PametMooring.png

Alan

City/Region: Endicott
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No asking price?

Fugittaboutit.
Noo Yawk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:07 pm    Post subject: re: Kittiwake Reply with quote

I've decided on $39K. It's practically a new engine
and new stove. The solar power array was costly.
Noo Yawk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold on 8/14.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: