The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Overhead shelf in early C-Dorys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cbadmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:32 am    Post subject: Overhead shelf in early C-Dorys Reply with quote

From: Moskwass (Original Message) Sent: 1/31/2003 3:55 PM
I would like to hear about and see some pictures of your overhead shelf in the older boats without the raised roof pannel. there is not much room there .
thank you in advance
Roger, on the "Sensei"

Roger,
My 1991 22 cruiser had the original full size shelf. It was a head knocker and there wasn't much room between it and the roof. I removed the shelf and I like the space! I can stand front and center in the cabin and steer with my right hand.

Larry

Rodger, I am not sure if you saw my shelf I put in last year but here is a decent picture.

Rodger, here is another picture. I cut a piece of birch veneer plywood and painted it with marine enamal paint. It is attached by extra long wood screws into the last two points on the teak handrail. It is solid.

That's a nice looking job on the shelf, Fred. Two questions...how long did it take before you installed the pipe insulation? and what is that blue thing

Pipe insulation went in after the first head injury. The blue things are wooden dock anti sliver gaurds. Oh, by the way, I like the way you store your kindling on your boat. Why glue it, it must me hard to get off. Waiting for the next campfire, I'll bring the firewood but I am not gluing it to my boat.

Fred

Fred, I enjoy the wisdom the glue fumes provide me. You bring the firewood, but you'll still need some good kindling

Roger - Here's a shelf I put in my '81 Angler. Its tucked up there pretty tight, but it has enough room for thin electronics like the stereo and VHF. The rest of the shelf is a great place for losing the extra cable coils for the VHF, radar , GPS, etc.

Jim F

One more shot - Jim F
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cabin, Interior All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: