View previous topic :: View next topic  
daninPA

City/Region: MOUNT JOY
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: NAVIRE
Photos: daninPA
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: A (very late) Review of Master and Commander Reply with quote

I'm assuming most C-Dory fans also enjoy sea yarns. If so, you should read Patrick O'Brien's Aubrey-Maturin series.

The movie adaptation came out a few years ago and I approached it with some trepidation (as all readers approach adaptations). This is one I find improves with each successive viewing.

So, if you watched it once, maybe it's time to watch it again! If you haven't, give it a try.

And if you haven't yet read the books -- there's not a moment to lose.

My review: https://flightmusings.blogspot.com/2021/07/a-very-late-review-of-master-and.html
Marco Flamingo

City/Region: Seattle
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Limpet
Photos: Limpet
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have an excellent local used bookstore. I bought a bundle of the first ten of the Aubrey-Maturin series. Then I bought the 11-20, but they were missing #12. I haven't traded them back in yet. If anybody wants them, send me a PM. You should have read the first 10. The author tries to start out each one so that an uninitiated reader can figure things out, but it doesn't come close to having actually read the prior volumes. And it really helps to have a background in sailboats, preferably starting in the 1790's.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: