The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

WTB - C-Dory but am located in CT...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevieRay

City/Region: Preston
State or Province: CT
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:52 am    Post subject: WTB - C-Dory but am located in CT... Reply with quote

Are there any C-Dory's located in or near CT for sale? Thanks!!
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check the "home page" lower right--C Dory for sale by owner. Also follow all of the usual boats for sale; Boat Trader, Craig's list, and Yacht World. You will be very fortunate to find a boat in CT. More likely somewhere on the East Coast. I have purchased most of my boats at least 1000 miles from my home. There are several 22's for sale in Fl. Currently.; There have been some in the Carolinas.

The vast majority will be on the West Coast--mostly in the PNW. You have to be ready to buy if a good boat comes along. Often they sell in a few days if well priced and in good condition.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
StevieRay

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2021 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I could purchase a boat without being able to look at it first myself. Sadly I was burned by an a-hole selling a motorcycle in the past. Bike was beautiful looking but built horribly where anything that could go wrong did. Put me very skeptical in regards to buying without seeing for myself first.

How do you do it? I would have to believe you have the boat inspected by how do you find a good inspector in any given area and know if you can trust them. Then there is always the cost of shipping...
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StevieRay wrote:
I don't think I could purchase a boat without being able to look at it first myself. Sadly I was burned by an a-hole selling a motorcycle in the past. Bike was beautiful looking but built horribly where anything that could go wrong did. Put me very skeptical in regards to buying without seeing for myself first.

How do you do it? I would have to believe you have the boat inspected by how do you find a good inspector in any given area and know if you can trust them. Then there is always the cost of shipping...

Yup, there can be a bad apple in any barrel, but the advantage of buying a boat that has been documented (posted about -- not USCG documented) on this site, and followed through maybe several buyer/owners, is that that the boat is known by more that just the one current owner, and most folks here are vary knowledgeable about C-Dorys and many are willing to help. So, look around here, read a lot, research and prepare. Learn to know the folks here and they weill learn to know you. That helps develop trust. Not likely anyone here is going to "burn you" on a boat deal. WE have too much at stake.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

StevieRay

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree, I have been refreshing my knowledge of these great boats. Trying to learn what I can and enjoying the photos everyone posts. It does stink that one bad deal puts a bad taste in your mouth and it only takes one to not trust fully. I guess that is why a professional boat surveyor is a good thing.

Thanks all and if you hear of anything for sale in New England or in my area please feel free to notify me... my email is keywest1520@yahoo.com.

Steve
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good surveyor, or some of the C Brats who are near to take a look. I agree I do[t give the full payment until I have seen, and done a sea trial.

Maybe I can take a look at the 22 in Pensacola nest week if you want.

I have always driven to the place where the boat was, and trailered it home. It could take 4 days. Almost anywhere on the East Coast. For example the boat I bought at Liberty Landing in N J, I was back home in 4 days. But that was a know bad boat--which I got cheap...

Bob
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: