The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/14 - 07/16 - Bellingham, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth and Joe,

Thanks for the time you put in and the details you arranged, for the week-end get together. Sorry Kate and I missed the dinner Friday. It was especially nice to have Tyboo and Sea Shift and their families there. And of course it is always nice to bump into Bill and El along lifes trails.

As we approached Guemes I called my neighbor and he had the trailer backing into the water as we arrived at the ramp. Drove straight on and we were in our driveway five minutes later.

Kate is now talking about a trip into the Southern Gulf Islands for Sept.

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Byrdman

City/Region: Cumberland River, Clarksville,
Vessel Name: " ? " After Rename Ceremony
Photos: FreeByrd and C-Byrd
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW.... looks to be a winner I missed for sure. Having met and enjoyed the company of most of these folks either at the Blakley Island 05 gathering, and/or any/all of the Seattle Boat Show and factory events in 05 & 06.....I know I missed a true winner of a time and I know a LARGE TIME was had by all. Truly wished I had been there.

Byrdman
Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth & Joe, Thankyou for such a great job of organising such a huge group of Brats, it just could not have been better.

What a wonderful experience for our first gathering. You guys are even nicer in person than you are on the web, and now we have real faces to put on some of the names. Thank you all for being so welcoming to a cuple of newbies and specially for the fantastic Christening ceremony. (and Yes, red wine does wash off !) So many great ideas from looking at your boats that I have the whole Winter planned !
We are only sorry that we had to leave on Saturday. Obviously the blessings worked as Kingfisher had great fun with the wind against the full ebb at Deception. Kind of like a ski slope but the moguls move !
Have posted some pics in the album.

Where next ????????? Can't wait.....

Merv & Kathy on Kingfisher
Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great big thanks to Ruth and Joe for dedicating so much time to this gathering. Robbin and I had a wonderful time and the company was its usual best.
Thanks to all.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth and Joe really did this one up nice! Anyone planning a CBGT anywhere would do well to spring for airfare to get those two onto the dock to act as hosts. Thanks you two - it was wonderful.

It was fantastic seeing all the old friends we've missed and getting to know the new friends. It still amazes me whenever we go to one of these things how great a feeling it is.

We found out that two weeks is the perfect length of time for our little family on the water. We left B'ham mid-morning Sunday, cruised down the inside to Cornet Bay, had the boat on the trailer by late afternoon, and everyone was still getting along very well. We also discovered that late Sunday evening is the best time to drive through Seattle, which helped a lot to keep grandpa easy to get along with. We pulled into our driveway a little before midnight and finished our two weeks away without a single problem on the road or on the water.

Thanks again to everyone!!

Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth and Joe -

Came late and left early - but your wonderful planning was obvious. Great job!! So good for the old blabber mouth to visit again with old friends and meet new ones -- and having Mike and his precious family back in the home nest and "all's-well" makes me happy. Sure hated to miss Jon & Cynthia and the folks not on the dock -- many up shopping I suspect -- but I was on a serious honey-do mission and the clock was ticking... and I'm a coward Wink

Thanks again - let's do it again.

Dusty

R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catman wrote:

I'm just so impressed that I think we should do it all over again in a week or two. Let's get that thread started.
Cat

Catman, You're a great guy and we Love you BUT since yesterday afternoon CoolSmile we're still cat-napping this one off. The rumor we heard yesterday is that after this weekend we'd probably be trading the R-Matey in for an Arima (gasp). Can't imagine that in our wildest dreams. Sure learned a lot getting this CBGT ready and if everyone is game, we can do it again NEXT YEAR. Hey, I lost two pounds running up and down that dock.

The weather held till today. It's still sunny but it's been VERY windy out there. We were down at the dock this morning and it looked liked maybe two foot waves. So glad that everyone was able to arrive and leave under more desirable conditions.

We deeply appreciate the Brats generosity in paying for our dinner at Anthony's Friday evening. What a nice surprise Surprised

Also our thanks to Bill & Dana for the lattes; Pat and David for the keg; Lyle & Shelly for the cherries; Roger and Beth for the crab; everyone for their contribution to the pot luck and Diane (Immacu~Nada) for helping me with Anthony's restaurant.

Forty-four C-Brats had dinner at Anthony's. The manager at the BaySide Cafe said there was 50 C-Brats in there for breakfast. They must have multiplied during the night (like my dust bunnies under the couch Laughing)

We had a total of twenty-five C-Dorys there at one time or another.

Five states were represented (Arizona, California, Oregon, Utah and Washington). Alabama was represented by a long distance call from Byrdman.

Six other non-attending C-Dorys were represented by Bill and El (HALCYON); Jon & Cynthia (C-LOU); Dusty (C-SALT); Robbi & Cordell (C-RUN); Les & Helen (STARFISH) and Mr. & Mrs Jeff Messmer (C-FacDory).

Special guests of Boris and Judy (JOURNEY ON) were Larry and his wife who reside on Lummi Island.

Dixie and Brent (DISCOVERY) had her sister and brother in-law here. It was so nice to have met you. Didn't seem like there was enough time to really have a good visit so we hope that you can come back again someday.

Roger (SENSEI) sure pulled off a good one surprising us with the wonderful presence of Bill and El (HALCYON). Our grandson was very taken with Bill. He asked me if Bill was going to stay at my house so he could visit him there.

Thanks again to everyone not only for the contributions but just for showing up. We enjoyed seeing each and everyone of you.

Til next year CoolSmile
R-Matey
Ruth and Joe
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your warm and inclusive wrap-up, Ruth and Joe. And for the five w's I'll need for the Nor'westing article which I'll start maybe after Buster removes himself from my lap. The big feller missed me.

My proud stud of a neighborhood patrolman, the beefy 17 pounder with a real sense of who he is, bolted when he spotted Tiffany and Jamie's stuffed gift. T and J, I think maybe your perfect present will instead forever be Bambina's mascot.
Cat
Dreamer

City/Region: Really Sunny SaddleBrooke
State or Province: AZ
Photos: Dreamer
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth and Joe, Thanks for all your hard work on the CBGT. As new-comers, Janet and I felt very accepted and part of all that went on. Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to welcome us.

We left about 9:05 Sunday morning, anticipating the wind coming up on the Straits. It was just starting as we crossed. Bless those Hondas! 2 hours and 15 minutes from Bellingham to Sequim.

We look forward to helping out at the Sequim Bay gathering in October.

Once a C-Brat, always a C-Brat

Dreamer- Sold 25 Feb. 2013
Da Nag

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Taco
Photos: <a>Da Boats</a>
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well heck, I've just gotta jump on the Ruth and Joe dog pile.

The hard work you two put into this gathering was obvious to all - what a smooth and entertaining weekend. From the acquisition of 570 feet of dock space during a very busy time of year, to the arrangements for 40-ish C-Brats at Anthony's, to the little extra-special touches you showed a few of us...you guys done good.

You're a couple who just makes everyone around you feel good. We're truly blessed to have such great friends.

Hugs,

Bill and Dana

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto to all that has been said, Ruth and Joe, you did a terrific job! Baxter had a great time too! This was a record for Daydream--the least fuel consumed at a CBGT, from launch ramp to dock, back to launch ramp, I think it was 0.2 gallon! It was great to see everyone, and proves once again that, at least in the C-Dory world, strangers are only friends that you haven't met yet! We had a little tow-vehicle trauma after retrieval on Sunday, dang thing locked in 4 wheel low, but <ahem> Patty managed to get it unlocked somehow, and I guess all's well that ends well...

Patty here. What about the bottle of olive oil that broke when the galley door banged open and shut all the way home and sprayed olive oil ALL OVER the cabin interior every time the door opened????? Anyone know how to get that out of the upholstery???

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

jimandlaurie

City/Region: Puyallup
Photos: Laurna Jo
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was CBG we sure hated to miss. If there was some way we could've made it we would have. I was very distressed Sad since Joe and Ruth(you guys are the best!) worked so hard on this one. We were sure that you all would have a fantastic time without us though.
We really missed seeing all the old friends and a chance to make some new ones.
I was gratified to see that Rev. Dave got back in the fold!
Great job, Dave. Thumbs Up

Belated Happy Birthday Cat Brock! Am sure you will do a great article for the Nor'Westing!

2004 C-Dory Skiff- Little Poit Dhubh
2005 C-Dory 25 Cruiser -sold 2103
2002- C-Dory 22 Cruiser- Sold 2005
Cynthia - CLou

City/Region: Port Angeles
C-Dory Year: 1986
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: C-Lou
Photos: C-Lou and Pee Wee
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CLou here with a quick note on our GREAT & FANTASTIC weekend with the Brats.

Ruth and Joe, Jon and I can't say enough about the fabulous get-together that you two organized. Thanks so much for your generosity and insite into making "Bellingham" happen.

It was great seeing old friends - cept' Dusty... (Hey Buddy, get over here!). And many new friends!

These gatherings go by way too fast! Weather was awesome, food was super. Joe & Ruth, you must be Charmed... Thanks again!!!!

Love Lips Love Cynthia & Jon CoolSmile

oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth and Joe – Thank You.

This was my first CBGT, if you don’t count the Factory party after the SBS. It was great and I could not have asked for more, except more time to meet and get to know the members and not remembering to bring my camera.

I hesitate to thank everyone individually that helped me because I know I will forget someone, so thank you one and all for your support, help, food, beverages companionship and advice. However, I do have to name Roger and Elizabeth on the sensei because we rafted to their boat and Terri or I was always going through or over their boat. In addition, he loaned me a shore power adapter so I could run my small 12v cooler. So thank you Roger and Elizabeth.

Last edited by oldgrowth on Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Jeff and Diane

City/Region: Renton, Washington
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Immacu-Nada/"C-Spaz"
Photos: Immacu-Nada
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ruth Love and Joe Lips ... Thank you for a wonderful time up in your part of the world. We had a "Great Time" filled with lots of Laughing laughs and an abundance of Love . You guys are the best, and you, "Ruthie" are definately "The Hostess With The Mostest!"

I am happy for all who were able to leave on Sunday... Ruth... Joe... You forgot to tell us that you were going to "Turn on the Fan" Monday Afternoon. Our Trip back from Matia Island was quite an experience...espceially across the "Bellingham Bay". Shocked Shocked We were yelling..."RUTHIE...JOE...PLEASE TURN OFF THE FAN Exclamation But you did not respond... It was a "roller coaster... Disneyland E-Ticket Ride". But alas...we made it to the beloved Bellingham Dock!

Great Memories to add to our C-Dory outings... Just want to say what a privilege it is to have so many friends that are such wonderful people. "Hats off to the Brats!"

Jeff Beer and Diane Rose
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: