The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

07/14 - 07/16 - Bellingham, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldgrowth. We haven't fixed our route yet other than leaving Cornet about 1000Hrs, but will be listening on 16

Merv
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick note on the C-Dory SOP for VHF communications. At most CBGTs we use 68 for both hailing and conversing. Setting your VHF to dual watch 68/16 will make sure you don't miss either another C-Dory or the CG hailing you!

Grumpy wrote:
oldgrowth. We haven't fixed our route yet other than leaving Cornet about 1000Hrs, but will be listening on 16

Merv

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, got a call yesterday, Daydream is now back at Blaine Marina, the round trip to Ketchikan is history, so we will definitely be in B'ham on Friday! Yahoo
Grumpy

City/Region: Whidbey Is
Vessel Name: Kingfisher II
Photos: Kingfisher
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,

Many thanks for the info. We will be on 68/16. Also if anyone uses MMSI let me know and I will PM you my number.

Now to fill the gas tanks......

Merv
Discovery

City/Region: LOA, UTAH
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Discovery
Photos: Discovery
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We launched Wed. the 12th under the bridge near Twin Bridges Marina. Parked the boat at Twin Bridges Marina and shuffled the truck and trailer to Stanwood for safe keeping. Ran into Bill and El at Roger's (Sensei) farm. They are back from the Alaska adventure, but on the way to Colorado. Will miss the Bellingham CBGT. We are in a slip at Cap Sante Marina. Will travel north today and overnight on the hook. Should be into Bellingham early on friday.

Brent and Dixie,
1984 22' Classic sold 2003
2003 24' TomCat sold 2005
2006 TC255 Discovery Sold 2020
2006 CD 22' Angler Sold 2014
https://share.delorme.com/FBrentBetenson
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms." ~ Thomas Jefferson
oldgrowth

City/Region: Rochester
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 16 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Voyager
Photos: C-Voyager
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We got a later start than I anticipated. Didn’t leave Olympia until 1810 hrs. Decided to anchor on the north end of Anderson Island at the DNR beach. It is just south of McNeil Island Prison. Water is flat, no wind, and no boats except the Steilacoom ferry. I hope this is his last run for the night. He really rocks the boat, even though he is over a half mile away.

Just got Cingular wireless for my laptop a few days ago and am using it to post this message.

It will probably be late afternoon before we get there. Save some of Pat’s beer for me.

Last edited by oldgrowth on Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Knotty C

City/Region: Vancouver, WA
Vessel Name: Knotty C
Photos: Knotty C
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello All,

Unfortunately, Don and I will not be able to join the group at Bellingham this weekend. We will actually be up in Cornet Bay until Monday, but won't likely get the opportunity to stop by. My cousin who lives up there just discovered he has lung cancer and will be having surgery next week. We wanted to have a chance to get him out fishing before his long, hopefully successful, recuperation, so are spending the weekend with poles in the water. Maybe we'll drop a crab pot or two on Saturday.

We will be thinking of all of you and if, by chance, we get a chance, we will stop by, but it's not likely.

Hope you all have a wonderful time. Thanks to R-Matey for all your wonderful preparations. If only I could be so organized. Smile

Dee
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Thursday in Bellingham Reply with quote

First, before I get ot the particulars of the day here at P Dock in Bellingham, I'd just like to say to Dee and Don that we're sorry to hear that you won't be able to join us this weekend. Also, sending best wishes for your cousin and his surgery. Hopefully, you will be able to attend the Sequim gathering in October.

It's been a long day but most rewarding to see so many wonderful friends again. Jeff and Diane (Immacu~Nada) arrived last night. Then before noon Mike, Kay and the girls (TyBoo) showed up. All of us went to McDonalds for lunch, then Costco and Albertsons.

Boris and Judy (Journey On) arrived at P Dock during our absence.

Bill and Dana (Da Nag), Fred (Anita Marie), Larry & Nancy (Nancy H) along with Jan & Dan (Nine Inches) are also at P Dock tonight.

Fred brought in the crab he caught which have all been devoured by this time.

The Port of Bellingham has done an excellent job of posting that P Dock is reserved for the C-Dorys July 14-16. Security came along tonight and said that the big boats moored there have been informed they will have to be out of there tomorrow. We feel most fortunate to have been able to reserve this dock as a lot of events are happening this weekend in B'Ham including the Salmon Derby.

Goodnight,

Ruth and Joe
R-Matey
Sawdust

City/Region: Oak Harbor
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 22 Classic
Photos: C-Salt
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ruth and Joe,

And a big hug and hello from the old guy to all. Was hoping to get Les (EQ) to go with me today by boat, but as usual he is armpit deep in work. We will try to drive up tomorrow for a visit -- I'll make it one way or the other.

Love

Dusty

Discovery

City/Region: LOA, UTAH
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Discovery
Photos: Discovery
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To all the great C-Brats at the Bellingham CBGT-

Thanks for a super terrific weekend! You guys were great and we had such a good time. Ruth and Joe--you guys really know how to throw a party! We couldn't have asked for more friendly, nice people from the Latte' upon arrival, the nice dinner at Anthony's (special thanks to Jeff and his wife and Scott Mathews and his wife for their attendance), the potluck (special thanks to Pat and David for the suds and Roger for the crab--plus everyone else's great cooking) and even the quarters on the dock for showers! It was great to see Bill and El again, and what a treat to meet the master Boater of them all--Dusty! It was just an all around great time. Can't wait to do it again!

We left Bellingham and headed north. We cleared customs in WhiteRock--must have looked shifty because we got boarded. No contra-ban, so they let us go. We made it up to Gibsons. It is so beautiful up here. The weather stayed great and the waters remained fairly calm (must have been the special 'Christening' from Dave. We got our fishing licenses so tomorrow the catching begins. We'll keep you posted on our Discovery journey. This all seems too good to be true.

Thanks again for everything!
Jazzmanic

City/Region: Seattle
Photos: C-Dancer
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great C-Brat gathering at Bellingham this weekend! Thank you so much Ruth and Joe for organizing such a wonderful event. You guys were the perfect hosts.
It was great seeing old C-Brat friends and meeting new ones. It was quite a site seeing all the C-Dories lined up along the dock. The weather was gorgeous, the potluck scrumptious, and the facilities top notch. And what a nice town Bellingham is.

Can't wait for the next gatheing. Life with a C-Dory... it doesn't get much better than this.

Email: pjamero@gmail.com
Larry H

City/Region: Tulalip,
C-Dory Year: 1991
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: Nancy H
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you on that, Peter.

And thanks to Roger for the crab and to Pat and David for the beer.

We can thank each other for the great potluck selections!

Oh, and thank you Bill for the logo bottle openers!

A C-Brat since Nov 1, 2003
Ranger Tug 27 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2017 - 2022
Puget Trawler 37 ex 'Jacari Maru' 2006-2017
1991 22' Cruiser, 'Nancy H'--1991-2006
DaveS

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sea Shift
Photos: Sea Shift
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Joe and Ruth for organizing such a great gathering! You were so gracious to drive Carol, Jessica and Brock around! Everything was so well organized!
Thanks to the Roger Johnson family for the crab, the "Brewsky Bros" for the fine Snoqualamie Falls beer, everyone else for their delicious contributions to the potluck and Scott Matthews for the C-Dory hat from the factory. It is super to have factory representation at our gatherings!
It was great to have the opportunity to get better acquainted with those of you that I may have met briefly in the past but hadn't had a previous opportunity to spend much time with and get to know some folks I'd not met before and of course spend some time with others that we've known for a long time!
Thanks to this gathering I've now chosen a NEW launching site for "Sea Shift" for our future cruises in the San Juans. The Bellingham launch site is ideal for us. (Actually not much farther than Anacortes). Has good launch ramps for $5.00, and they do not charge for parking. (We launched there on Tuesday, spent 3 nights at various locations in the San Juans, joined the "gathering" on Friday AM and retrieved "Sea Shift" there today and did not have to pay anything for all the time our truck and trailer was parked there!)

Our near week of cruising and C-Brat gathering culminated this evening with the three of us attending the Martina McBride concert at the Everett Events Center.........her final selection of the evening was Note "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" Note. Certainly fitting to our past few days.

C-Brat #16
SENSEI

City/Region: Stanwood
C-Dory Year: 1995
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: SENSEI
Photos: SENSEI and SERENITY
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,
T'was one fine gathering !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It was so good to see so many old friends and have a chance to meet and make some new ones.It is always good to see Mike & Kay and the girls, glad you could make it. Dave S, it is about time....lol...., and Catman, always a kick to see you. and what fun surprising everyone bringing Bill & Ell to the dock on our boat...lol....

Special thanks to Joe & Ruth for all the hard work you did in preparring and executing this great gathering. You are right at the top of my list of people I have the honor of calling my freinds.

also a special thanks to David ,Kate, Pat, & Patty for bringing the new brew. I specialy like the wheat beers!

It was fun having a couple of the new 255 catboats on the dock.what a cool boat.

Also , it was nice to see Jeff M. and his wife at the dinner
Friday Night. (sorry I didn't get a chance to talk with them)
Oh well, now it gives me an excuse to go down to the factory and have a visit....lol.....

We had a fun run home this afternoon. we took our time and had a good cruise.Swinnomish channel is a little boring but fun at the same time. we took the boat out at my favorite beach( Utsalady Point) always an experience .....lol....

1993 22 Cruiser (sold 2014)
1995 22 Angler (acquired 2016)
1983 22 Classic (sold 2017)
Catman

City/Region: Seattle
C-Dory Year: 2017
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Songbird (Bambina, 16')
Photos: Bambina
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This cat couldn't agree more with all that's been well stated above. Joe and Ruth, I rushed off promptly at 10 a.m. so I didn't allow the opportunity for an official squeeze goodby. But consider yourself embraced by a big, furry set of salty paws, with an appreciative hundred-grade sandpaper-like tongue slurp to your foreheads.

You two scored a knockout with your organization, your kindness and your devotion to our weekend of exploration and fellowship. I'm just so impressed that I think we should do it all over again in a week or two. Let's get that thread started.

Driving home was a reluctant roll back to reality and reintegration into a steaming caldron of humanity and noise, short tempers and a few too many semi-conscious zombies thinking only of themselves.

Thank you all for the temporary haven of gentle humanity you offered me. Even life-long friends have dropped off over the years. Collectively you have filled that void with conviviality and warmth. I thank you all very much.
Cat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: