View previous topic :: View next topic  
Moxieabs

City/Region: Cape Neddick
State or Province: ME
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Widget
Photos: Widget
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:07 pm    Post subject: Getting to know us Reply with quote

Hi, C-Brats

We're David and Valerie Seaton from Cape Neddick, Maine. In October we purchased our C-Dory 22 from Cutter Marine. Actually, Widget is our first power boat ever (unless you count a 10 year old 16' aluminum fishing boat with an Evinrude18 back in '89). David is a retired Army optometrist now in practice in Kittery, Maine, while I am a high school English teacher who, due to our wanderings, will never get to retire. David and I have 2 grown sons who did 5-year tours of duty on our sailboat on Lake Huron, and they were blown away by our purchase of a C-Dory. (David toyed with naming her About Face.) However, Matthew was converted on his first trip out to the Isles of Shoals off the coast of ME/NH. Always thinking ahead, he said, "Do you think I could fish off this?" Guess so.
This fall we kept Widget in a slip at the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, and I imagine that next season she'll be there,too.

This spring David and I will be building a cottage in Winter Harbor, ME...Downeast, and I guess she'll get use to the waters of Frenchman's Bay.

We've only had our C-Dory for a few months but we love her and think she is a super boat for these waters and the type of crusing we want to do....And we love all the looks and attention she gets.

We would like to get to meet some other C-Dory owners who sail our waters. Please give us a toot. David and Valerie

Redƒox

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: ARG 101 Reply with quote

Great thread Mike! I'll be back....... (with-in a year (lol)

Hey I still don't see a "crab" emoticon here...

Last edited by Redƒox on Sun Dec 07, 2003 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
R-Matey

City/Region: Bow
State or Province: WA
Vessel Name: R-Matey
Photos: R-Matey
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is Ruth & Joe again - back for some more introduction. The other night when I sent our original message I was having a tough time trying to figure out what was being e-mailed as the monitor was bright yellow and all the little clickable rectangles were solid black. When we visited with Les at EQ on Sat. Nov 29th, I told him I was having a monitor problem & he said that if a "big white orb" showed up......then it was him mooning the web-cam (snicker-snicker). Anyway the new monitor arrived from Gateway & I am back in business. A nice white readable screen. Just wanted to thank Pat & Patty (Daydream) for the offer to get together. Most of our launchings are at Squalicum, altho did one at Everett & another at Washington State Park. We keep R-Matey in storage near Home Depot so it's not that far to the water. On Sept 27th we went from Bellingham to Blaine (with two grandsons age four & six - now that was an experience - "are we there yet"). On that trip we encountered another C-Dory just as we were entering Blaine. We waved at each other but right now can't recall the color & didn't get close enough to see a name. Last Sunday (Nov 30th) we took R-Matey out for a cruise on Lake Whatcom. An absolutely gorgeous morning! Also have to tell you that R-Matey is unofficially Ruth's boat because.......Joe couldn't sleep for three nights after he agreed to buy it. He'd wake up muttering about not having the time to use it, didn't get the use the last CD as much as he wanted so how was he going to find the time to use this one, etc etc. By the 3rd night I'd had it! I told him that he could go back to sleep, that it was my boat and he didn't have to worry about it anymore. Looking forward to many many launchings. Hope to see some of you out there.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: Hello I'm Reply with quote

We are Bob and Marie Austin of Penscola Florida. We own "C Pelican" a 22' 1992 C-Dory Cruiser, which we keep and use on the West Coast. We boat with Duke, Rusty and Little Miss Priss--our K9 friends. I have admired the C Dories since the late 70's. I soloed in a sailboat at age 5 and never looked back. I have about 185,000 miles of open ocean experience and around 20,000 miles on inland waters. Marie has about 80,000 miles at sea and about 20,000 inland. We have crossed both the Atlantic and Pacific several times, as well as saiing the entire coast of N. America from Icy Straights AK to Mt. Desert Isle Maine, including Mexico and Central America. We spent 4 years cruising Europe. Most of our lives were spent in S. Calif. where Marie was an RN administrator and I was a physician. In retirement we found we could live cheaper in Florida and still have all of the toys--so we sailed to Pensacola--our third trip thru the Panama Canal in our Cal 46 "Thataway". Health precluded sailing and we took up trawlers for a few years..
We have a 28 foot express cruiser in a hoist in our backyard on Bayou Marcus (Perdido Bay) which we use in Florida. Last year after purchasing "C Pelican" in New Mexico, we treked to S. Calif--to Catalina and Lake Powell
This spring we will revisit Lake Powell, then hitting the Delta and Lake Shasta to Sequim where we will leave the boat until the fall--more cruising in these waters, probably back to Powell and leave the boat in Las Vegas for the next winter--again.
If any members are every in Pensacola, give us a shout. There is another C Dory owner on the same block.
Bob and Marie Austin

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL

Last edited by thataway on Mon Dec 22, 2003 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2003 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say for sure, but odds are better than even that the C-Dory you saw at Blaine was Daydream...have thought a time or two about Lake Whatcom too...

R-Matey wrote:
On Sept 27th we went from Bellingham to Blaine (with two grandsons age four & six - now that was an experience - "are we there yet"). On that trip we encountered another C-Dory just as we were entering Blaine. We waved at each other but right now can't recall the color & didn't get close enough to see a name. Last Sunday (Nov 30th) we took R-Matey out for a cruise on Lake Whatcom.

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

My IRA

City/Region: Springfield
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Aidiam
Photos: My IRA
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:53 am    Post subject: Introductions Reply with quote

Hi,

We are Helen and Jerry, probably the newest registered members on this site. Although we are boat less Crying or Very sad (not to be confused with Boat Les) at the moment; in March Les has agreed to trade us a 25 C-Dory for our life savings. Thus, we think that a good name for the boat might be My IRA.

Thanks.

Jerry and Helen Hudson Laughing

1992 C-Dory 22 Cruiser sold 8/96
1992 OLympic 26XLF Sold 10/2000
1989 Arima 19 SR sold 2003
2004 C-Dory 25 sold 10/05
1992 Bounty 25 Offshore Pilot sold 6/2010
2006 Arima 17 SC sold 9/2012
2013 C-Dory 23 Venture
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Helen and Jerry!

Nice to virtually meet you. And since Springfield is less than 200 miles from the mouth of the mighty Columbia, I look forward to meeting you for real.

And, if you can't wait that long to start meeting the semi-locals, there is always the Seattle Boat Show and CB Convention coming up next month. It is a great mini-vacation and you will become fast friends with a whole bunch of great people.

We are all glad to hear form you, and we welcome you to the group.

Mike

Stimpys Dad

City/Region: COFFMAN COVE
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Stimpy
Photos: Stimpy
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: WELCOME MIKE AND JERRY Reply with quote

GOOD EVENING MIKE AND JERRY, WELCOME TO THE C-BRATS Laughing
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO GET TOGATHER TO TALK C-DORY WE ARE DOUG AND BETTY CRUICKSHANK AND ARE VERY CLOSE TO YOU(EUGENE).
WE HAVE A 1982 22' ANGLER MODEL.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED GIVE US A CALL 746-5089
DOUG AND BETTY ON "STIMPY" Very Happy

My IRA

City/Region: Springfield
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Aidiam
Photos: My IRA
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the welcome Mike and Doug. Doug, glad to know that you live in Eugene; I'd love to talk with you after the holidays and maybe check out your angler. Laughing We owned a 22 cruiser (1992) from 92 to about 96 and it was a great boat.

Mike, your 25 looks great. If you learn ( from C-Dory ) that your hull was in the 1996 SBS let me know, I videotaped a new green 25 from stem to stern that year and would be happy to send you a copy of the tape if it ( the hull ) happens to be yours. Razz

I must admit that I have viewed this site for about a year and the old C-Dog site before that. Only problem, I owned an Arima (19 Ranger) at the time and felt unworthy to sign in. Embarassed Since then, I've become aware of how friendly folks are here.
TyBoo

City/Region: Warrenton
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruise Ship
Vessel Name: TyBoo
Photos: TyBoo
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That would be so cool to see that video. It just about cannot be my hull, though, because the date of manufacture was August of 1996. Neither is it likely to be Steve's Shearwater, because his was manufactured in November of 1994 and is a '95 model year (according to my interpretation of the HIN). Both those boats are green, though. Nevertheless, I would imagine that they made all six of the early run the same, so the video would be a acurate picture of what our boat looked like brand new. My wife and I would both like to see that so we can figure out what changes the previous owner made. After the holidays, maybe we can come up with a way to get a copy of it, and we in turn will make a copy for Steve. Now, if we could just find the other four owners!

Nothing unworthy about an Arima! Even if there was, it is obvious that you belong here. All these folks are friendly in person, too.

What would be great is if you could talk the Stimpster into a northwest bound convoy next spring or summer. You could pick up a bunch of others along the way and maybe we could all end up at Larry's home port in Cathlamet or something.
Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
C-Dory Year: 1988
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm ready for the Oregon gathering, even if it is in Washington, (Cathalmet). Pick me up at exit 249 on your way north.
Stimpys Dad

City/Region: COFFMAN COVE
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 1982
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
Vessel Name: Stimpy
Photos: Stimpy
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO ROCKC ,TERRY Smile
I'M GLAD TO KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN THE SALEM AREA.
YELLOWSTONE JOHN, AKA JOHN DRACON LIVES ABOUT 9-10 MILES NORTH OF CORVALLIS OFF OF OLD HWY 99W.
I AM OPEN TO GETTING TOGATHER WITH OR WITH OUT THE BOATS AS WE MAKE OUR WAY THROUGH THE WINTER MONTHS. Laughing
CELL # (541)221-1230, HOUSE (541-746-5089) [url]secdc@msn.com
DO YOU LIKE TO FISH AND CRAB?
REGARDS, DOUG AKA "STIMPSTER" Beer
Rock-C

City/Region: Salem
C-Dory Year: 1988
Vessel Name: Rock-C
Photos: Rock-C
PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stimpy
A get together sounds good. I'm not much of a fisherman, but I love catching and eating crabs. Smile I'm planning a trip to Garibaldi or up near Hammond on Friday, the day after Christmas. The 10 day forcast calls for a break in the weather. Laughing But you know how the Oregon weather can change. we went to Newport a couple of weeks ago and lucked out with a break in the rain. Came home w/ a few keepers. If ya can't break free next Friday, keep in touch & we'll set some thing up.
Hope you and all the C-Brats have a Great Christmas Xmas LOL
rahru32

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Better late than...... Reply with quote

Hello! Female My name is Ruth. I live in So. Cal. I just recently joined this site although I've been aware of the "C- Dory" group for quite some time. I also don't even own a boat but I've spent time on Nancy H with my parents, Larry & Nancy as well as the boat we had before they became C- Brats! Wink

Anyway, as some of you already know.... I am a graphic designer and I designed the logo you see in the upper right hand corner of every page on this site. You can get a set of decals of this logo for your boat, car, or anywhere else you see fit to stick 'em for $20.00. (tax, shipping, etc. already included)

I can design custom boat name decals for you too. I can do just about anything those professional vinyl sites can do. Colors may be a little limited but you can let me know what you're looking for. As far as fonts......... I'm a fontaholic!! I have LOTS of fonts and if I don't have it, I'll find it! I can do all the text effects etc. Also, I can e-mail proofs and changes until your satisfied. I love to design! (Logos, business cards, flyers, etc.) You can e-mail me for more info: ruth@graphicsbyruth.com

Anyway, nice to meet you all! Very Happy I will check in on this site from time to time but if you want to contact me, please e-mail me.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: