The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Removing old sealant.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
C-Wolfe

City/Region: Anchorage
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Wolfe
Photos: C-Wolfe
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:04 pm    Post subject: Removing old sealant. Reply with quote

I had to remove the hatch in the v-berth because of a slow drip during rain. The core was wet but barely starting to rot, I decided to remove it on the 3 side since there is only about an inch of core or so, remove about 1-1/2 inch on the back side. I will refill with thicken epoxy, I do have marine plywood that I might use also. Any other recommendation as to the best process to fill the gap?

Alos, what will be the best product to use to remove the sealant stuck on the underside of the aluminum hatch frame?

tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Removing old sealant. Reply with quote

C-Wolfe wrote:
I had to remove the hatch in the v-berth because of a slow drip during rain. The core was wet but barely starting to rot, I decided to remove it on the 3 side since there is only about an inch of core or so, remove about 1-1/2 inch on the back side. I will refill with thicken epoxy, I do have marine plywood that I might use also. Any other recommendation as to the best process to fill the gap?

Alos, what will be the best product to use to remove the sealant stuck on the underside of the aluminum hatch frame?

Heat gun & wooden scraper Thumbs Up
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Hull, Deck and Fittings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: