View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim from New York

City/Region: Kings Park
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: MarTika
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These posts are very good for information on leaving your rig and exploring hopefully we can continue to add to them and enjoy the benefits.
I have one to add

Portsmouth city park is about 5 miles south of Norfolk navy yards in Va.

Inside the city park is a boat ramp phone number 757-393-8481.

I made calls last spring and spoke with a nice fellow and they do let you leave your rig multi days and it is locked up after dusk and open to the general public I forgot the cost but it was reasonable. If anybody uses it please give a report and double check this information of course. I hope to check the area and it’s also a good start for a trip down the dismal Swamp and up though Elizebeth city on the intercoastal waterway.
srbaum

City/Region: Portsmouth
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 26 Venture
Vessel Name: Osprey
Photos: Osprey
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim,
Thanks for posting the note about Portsmouth, VA, City Park and boat ramp The piers were redone last year and the ramps were redone about 5 years ago. Lot of parking with little worry. The city did impose a small fee recently, but it is still a bargain and close to everything in the Hampton Roads region, as well as the ICW.
Many of the Brats that I have cruised with have used this resource. My home is close by, so usually when brats go on a cruise, they leave their rig at my home and utilize my floating pier during their time in this area.
Here is a link to the fee information: https://portsmouthparks.com/255/Public-Boat-Ramps
Lastly Almas Only and Osprey just did a little cruise from this area and headed south down the Dismal Swamp Canal. C-Dory posted a photo of Osprey on this cruise, in their Facebook and Instagram sites.

OSPREY (Ex ADITI) 2007 26 Cape Cruiser 2018
Jim from New York

City/Region: Kings Park
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: MarTika
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2021 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Steve for the update on the area its on my go to list and will be nice to know the ramp works out fine ill look at photos also.

If anybody is looking for infomation on the Long Island area p.m. me i've been boating there for a long time and could help with logistics for a trip to Block island Mystic Conn, Connect River up to Essex, and Greenport ny all are great small boat destinations.

Long Island is not at all blessed with overnight ramps but Greenport has a Marina with a ramp good for multi day trips to all above listed locations I use it often
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: