The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

C-Dory-22' Cruiser with new Mercury 115hp 4 stroke CT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfman

City/Region: San Diego
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
Photos: Rowdy Runabout
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:07 pm    Post subject: C-Dory-22' Cruiser with new Mercury 115hp 4 stroke CT Reply with quote

The C-Dory 22' Cruiser is the most successful model was first introduced in 1979. A practical boat, it was designed and built to be seaworthy, easily maintained and affordable to operate. This Cruiser has a port side dinette, 2 burner alcohol stove, sink, 20 gal. water tank, port potty, and the opening front, middle window. Sleeps 3, 6' plus humans comfortably and comes with a galvanized trailer.

I just bought the C-Dory 22 cruiser and re-powered it with a New Mercury 115 hp. 4 stroke, Command Thrust, extra long shaft with a aluminum jack plate. The Command Thrust is a brilliant way to eliminate the need for trim tabs and the like! Mercury CT's come with the next size up lower end...That's right, my 115 has the 150 lower end (bigger prop, gears and more oil) This motor completely flushes without starting the motor, charges 35 amps per hour and has the Mercury Get You Home Technology. The dealer also installed new hydraulic steering, gages, shifter box and 3 new matching batteries, dual charging port at the helm and all wiring. I also outfitted with all the necessary fishing gear including bait tank, Uniden radio, stainless rocket launcher, Simrad Evo 3 with the 3 way transducer and much more. It also has a full sunbrella, removable deck enclosure that connects to the Bimini top. I live in San Diego and have 3 offshore trips under my belt (aprox. 150 m ea.) The motor has a 5 year warranty that started in oct. I bought The C-Dory from a guy that NEVER used the boat, it sat beside his house for 19 years. The first owner used it in Texas (fresh water) so it is in great shape! When I got it I spent about 2 months working on it. It looks like new!!! I spent way too much and now finances have become more important than a boat.
Call or email me for photos and or more info….49K
P.S. The Mercury Command Thrust motors have the next size up lower ends, so my 115 has a 150 hp LE (bigger prop, more oil and bigger gears) and gets 5mpg the boat only weighs 1925 pounds
Michael
I had trouble posting pictures...You can call me or look at (boats) on Craigslist San Diego

TripSmith

City/Region: Dothan
State or Province: AL
C-Dory Year: 2003
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The boat does appear to be very well kept for it's age. Just a tip, I think pictures of a tidy inside would help and show just how clean she is.

Good luck with your sale.
Nancy and Bud

City/Region: Nashville
State or Province: IL
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Emma Mae
Photos: Emma Mae
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://forum.trailersailor.com/post.php?id=1199795&highlight=selling%20advice
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 1994 boat was listed in Dec 04, 2021 for sale in a separate ad.
Here is the Dec, post.

What is unusual about this boat is putting a long shaft and jack plate. He also has a 24 gallon bait tank in the cockpit.

This time there is a price in the ad.

Looks like the boat has specifically repurposed for fishing in the S. Calif. area. I note that he claims that his trips were 150 miles in length.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really curious what the logic is in adding that high lift jack plate. Even after reading the previous ad thread, it still doesn't work for me but then I am not a fisherman.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harvey, I believe that the OP objective was to avoid swamping the engine when slow trolling. I have never had that issue--or anything near to it in the time I have owned the various C Dorys. But I suspect that in reverse--maybe backing down on a Black Marlin you could bring a bunch of water up around the cowling?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: