hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2021 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome from the NW corner. You will enjoy your boat and learning as we go is natural, and this is a great place to do that.

Stay Safe.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

daninPA

City/Region: MOUNT JOY
State or Province: PA
C-Dory Year: 1994
Vessel Name: NAVIRE
Photos: daninPA
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

So far I'm trying not to be impatient. First, our typical wild weather swings in March and soon April make "pleasure boating" something for next week.

Second, I'm waiting for parts so the trailer can be made truly roadworthy (new axles, hubs, electric brakes, fenders, safety chains, bow winch strap, spare tire, wheel, and mount). The tires are less than 3 years old and look good (hold pressure, no cracks, deformations, or odd treadwear).

Third, I'm waiting for the state registrations to come through so I can submit the package to the marina on APG. It's at the head of the Chesapeake bay (all freshwater there) and on the Army post with indoor, outdoor, and inside storage available.

In the meantime, I've been "fitting out" with all the small things needed to make the vessel ready![/img]
daninPA

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the water at a slip!

After several months we’re finally securely moored to the new slips at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. The design of the slips is less than ideal but after a couple hours tying and retying, we finally got it setup so it’s protected from tide and w@ve action.

Hopefully we’ll get down there this weekend for more than an hour shakedown cruise

We already met some fellow boaters. Everyone asks about the C-Dory and is surprised so much boat is only 22’
[/img]
Nash 22

City/Region: Annapolis
State or Province: MD
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Anyfin possible
Photos: Anyfin Possible
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:21 pm    Post subject: Congratulations on your new boat! Reply with quote

We sail out of the Annapolis area and this year will make it a point to travel north to Rock Hall, Baltimore, and APG. We usually stay south of Annapolis.
It is kind of cool seeing another C-Dory every now and then on the bay - kind of like the “punch buggy” thing we used to do as kids when seeing a VW Beatle.

1986 Regal Bowrider - sold 2007

Home port - Annapolis, MD
ssilver

City/Region: Albany NY
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Pearly Shell
Photos: Pearly Shell
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the new truck and boat trailer. I bought a pretty heavy duty ratchet strap from Home Depot for $20 that goes around the whole stern area and trailer. I just connect the hooks to each other and tighten it down.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
daninPA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Congratulations on your new boat! Reply with quote

Nash 22 wrote:
We sail out of the Annapolis area and this year will make it a point to travel north to Rock Hall, Baltimore, and APG. We usually stay south of Annapolis.
It is kind of cool seeing another C-Dory every now and then on the bay - kind of like the “punch buggy” thing we used to do as kids when seeing a VW Beatle.

We're new to cruising on the Bay so will be taking shorter trips until we get acclimated. I have a couple of friends who are experienced Bay cruisers so I'll mine their collective knowledge as well.

I haven't spotted another C-Dory afloat yet (or even on a trailer or in a slip!) but looking forward to seeing and meeting other owners!
daninPA

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssilver wrote:
Congrats on the new truck and boat trailer. I bought a pretty heavy duty ratchet strap from Home Depot for $20 that goes around the whole stern area and trailer. I just connect the hooks to each other and tighten it down.

I had a couple of tie-down straps but decided on these -- easier for my wife to attach and cinch and I like the protective fabric underneath the ratchet.

Plus it's a "Boat Buckle" -- how can it be wrong?

Wink

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/boat-buckle--2-x-4-heavy-duty-boat-buckle-ratchet-transom-tiedowns-2-pack--18041475?recordNum=1
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daninPA wrote:
ssilver wrote:

I had a couple of tie-down straps but decided on these -- easier for my wife to attach and cinch and I like the protective fabric underneath the ratchet.

Plus it's a "Boat Buckle" -- how can it be wrong?

Wink

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/boat-buckle--2-x-4-heavy-duty-boat-buckle-ratchet-transom-tiedowns-2-pack--18041475?recordNum=1

I use similar (snap) straps to that. Two aft, one at each corner and two at the bow, from the U bolt down to the trailer at each side Plus a chain down to where the trailer tongue splits to the "Y" for the side rails.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: