The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Scallywag on YouTube. Repairs, Upgrades and Adventures.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brewkid

City/Region: Whidbey Is
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SCALLYWAG
Photos: Scallywag
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:48 pm    Post subject: Scallywag on YouTube. Repairs, Upgrades and Adventures. Reply with quote

All,

I decided to start a new thread to update when I drop videos for Scallywag on YouTube. I don't want to discourage people from checking the videos out because they thought it would only have to due with core delamination as my other subject title describes. I was sitting on a bit of content and just finished editing and releasing 9 more videos covering v-berth hatches, aft hatches and deck hardware work in progress. I do travel for work and have times when I can't or just flat out don't want to work on the boat so I'll try and notify here as videos come in if you're not already a follower.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZXdxUrTrFpNsryE0aeXl9g

Aside from my core material being ordered, I'm also looking at some big upgrades this year to include; drum winch install (GX2 HD), dedicated pot puller davit(custom/Safe-T-Hauler), auto pilot (Garmin Reactor), ais (possibly Vesper Cortex) and maybe even some solar... Should be a good, all be it expensive year for the boat!

I'll be home soon and am planning a trip to the factor and a couple stores along the way. I'll try and add some content from that as well if they'll allow. I've also jumped back on Patreon and am going to try and pick up some tips and tricks from Andy at https://www.boatworkstoday.com/ along the way.

Lastly, I'm not in this for the money. None of my videos are monetized, I get nothing for free and no discounts. Follow along if you like and if nothing else maybe you'll learn from some of my mistakes along the way.

Good luck on the water this year.

R/
John
Scallywag
kaelc

City/Region: Saanich
State or Province: BC
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Island Magic
Photos: Stil-Afloat
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I'm ramping up my video taking to launch a channel up in Victoria BC. I subscribed to yours.
Salmon Fisher

City/Region: Arlington
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Kim Christine
Photos: Kim Christine
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Your videos are inspiring me to do the same to my boat.

I have read, for years, the wisdom of Dr. Bob and others saying it's really important to pull deck hardware and rebed. Sadly, I have not. I'm a visual learner and that's why your videos are perfect for me. I've also watched Andy on Boatworks Today on YouTube.

Looking forward to learning from you as you embark on Scallywag's Upgrades!

Patrick

2004 25 Cruiser-Present

2000 22 Cruiser 2009-2014 (Sold)
2006 25 Cruiser 2014-2019 (Sold)
1985 22 Classic -2019 (Sold)
1991 19 Arima Sea Ranger-2019-2021 (Sold)
2015 27 Ranger Tug-2019-2023 (Sold)
1987 22 Cruiser -2021-2023 (Sold)

Honey, this REALLY will be my last boat, honest!
tsturm

City/Region: Soldotna
State or Province: AK
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: JMR TOO
Photos: JMR-TOO
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Scallywag on YouTube. Repairs, Upgrades and Adventures. Reply with quote

Brewkid wrote:
All,

I decided to start a new thread to update when I drop videos for Scallywag on YouTube. I don't want to discourage people from checking the videos out because they thought it would only have to due with core delamination as my other subject title describes. I was sitting on a bit of content and just finished editing and releasing 9 more videos covering v-berth hatches, aft hatches and deck hardware work in progress. I do travel for work and have times when I can't or just flat out don't want to work on the boat so I'll try and notify here as videos come in if you're not already a follower.

Aside from my core material being ordered, I'm also looking at some big upgrades this year to include; drum winch install (GX2 HD), dedicated pot puller davit(custom/Safe-T-Hauler), auto pilot (Garmin Reactor), ais (possibly Vesper Cortex) and maybe even some solar... Should be a good, all be it expensive year for the boat!

I'll be home soon and am planning a trip to the factor and a couple stores along the way. I'll try and add some content from that as well if they'll allow. I've also jumped back on Patreon and am going to try and pick up some tips and tricks from Andy at https://www.boatworkstoday.com/ along the way.

Lastly, I'm not in this for the money. None of my videos are monetized, I get nothing for free and no discounts. Follow along if you like and if nothing else maybe you'll learn from some of my mistakes along the way.

R/
John
Scallywag

Nice Job!!
Nikiski intuition at its best.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Beer Beer
ATPNW

City/Region: Covington
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Fellowship
Photos: Fellowship
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Scallywag on YouTube. Repairs, Upgrades and Adventures. Reply with quote

Brewkid wrote:
All,

R/
John
Scallywag

John, I appreciate your videos and learn a lot from them. We plan to do the V-berth hatches at some point too, so thank you for sharing those. Best of luck and maybe we'll bump into each other at Nootka one of these summers if you go back.
Brewkid

City/Region: Whidbey Is
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: SCALLYWAG
Photos: Scallywag
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gang and I look forward to catching up with all of you on the water! That goes for you too Tim, guaranteed we'll be dragging the boat north for a PWS/K-Bay trip when she's done.

Kaelc, Let me know the link when you get your channel up and going. I swear I watch more YouTube than tv these day's. It's all the interesting stuff I like without the manufactured drama (read .. Discovery Channel)!

R/
John
Scallywag
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Technical Discussions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: