The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SOLD - 2007, C Dory 25, "Thataway",$70,000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ferg

City/Region: Oak Island
State or Province: NC
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Here & Now
Photos: Here & Now
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Doc, I thought my 25 was loaded, but OMG
Now you’ve got me breaking out the wallet

Best of luck Cap
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I need any advice about anything related to boats or boating, Dr. Bob is the first person I ask. I trust he will continue to be available to share his knowledge and experience with the rest of us!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have a solid offer on "Thataway". I will take back up offers. A decision as to when transfer of ownership will be determined after Hontoon gathering.

I am going to put a few more photos in my album later today.

Thanks to all for your very kind words. We are not going away.. We will go to C Brat gatherings with our RV and probably tow the Caracal Cat if it is a place like Hontoon. We might even make it again to a Friday Harbor gathering if the stars align correctly, one never knows. My son still has his C Dory 25 in Dana Point Harbor, so we can get out S. Calif. boating fix with him!

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was fast! But somebody has a solid offer on a solid boat!
Angler

City/Region: Clarence
State or Province: NY
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: The Laurie Jean (Tim & Laurie)
Photos: Laurie Jean
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject: Thataway Reply with quote

I'm a newby here, but I feel like I have read every post ever written on this site and Dr Bob is the leader in great information. (A few others as well) If you make that Erie Canal run I would be honored to meet you, that's my neck of the woods. Wishing you all the best going forward.

Tim J
thataway

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim thank you for the kind words and offer. We will give a shout if we do. Are they still letting Floridians into New York State? Or do we still have to quarantine/. (We had the Erie Canal planned for last Sept--and then COVID stopped that!
Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject: NYS - covid Reply with quote

Bob, Current NYS covid rules state - if you are entering NY and plan to stay more then 24 hours, you must test and prove negative prior to entering the state.
ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: NYS - covid Reply with quote

Angler wrote:
Bob, Current NYS covid rules state - if you are entering NY and plan to stay more then 24 hours, you must test and prove negative prior to entering the state.

How the heck are they going to enforce that? Roadblocks on all the roads?

We did part of the Erie Canal last year. There were signs up at various places that people from states with uncontrolled outbreaks (which were listed on the sign) weren't allowed in and had to quarantine, etc. Nowhere did we ever encounter anyone making the least effort to enforce that rule.
Angler

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sobelle,Thats the joke of the whole thing. But I am not going to get political here! Where they do ask for proof is airports and there is evidencse of tracking from there.
Coach07

City/Region: Osprey
PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:18 pm    Post subject: Callaway went Thataway Reply with quote

You have a lovely boat. My wife and I are very interested. Is it still for sale? We live in Osprey Florida and are looking for a small cruiser for retirement adventure. I have a friend in Pensacola who might be able to take a quick look, then we would follow up with a serious look. Thank you,
Steve Callaway
thataway

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
I have solid offers and back up offers. We are currently on our way home from Hontoon gathering. We will make a decision if we want to do the Erie Canal later this year as we "process" how we did on this last trip.

We were able to do our off the grid part of the trip with just the charging from the outboard (battery to battery Sterling Charger), keeping the Li ion batteries fully charged at the end of each day--running the freezer and separate refrigerator. Our cooking was all done with induction burner and microwave. The systems on this boat are fairly complex. We do want a buyer to understand those systems and utilize them to the fullest.

Thank you for your interest, you name is on the "list".
Micahbigsur@msn.com

City/Region: Big Sur
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Sierra
Photos: Sierra
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Bob, congratulations on the offers you have on Thataway, someone will be buying a great boat. Thank you for all that you are and have been over the years to the broader C-dory community.
Please let us know if you are going out with your son in So Cal, maybe we can get away south.
Thanks again. Micah

1978 Folkes 38 SV Audacious (2006-2015)
Micah, KJ6GUF, Dana, KJ6GXG
RBH

City/Region: Great Lakes
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Maseda
Photos: Maseda
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 6:45 am    Post subject: C Dory 25' Reply with quote

Bob,

Is your boat still there?

I am still stuck in Germany but vaccinations are on the horizon.

I will be either:

1) Purchasing a larger boat and selling my 22 ft Cdory. The biggest disadvantage being that my Roadtrek would be overtaxed pulling a 25 footer thus I would need a different tow vehicle.

2) The second possibility would be keeping my 22 footer to do shorter one to three week cruises at various places with my Roadtrek as tow vehicle such as the three week North Channel of Lake Huron jaunt in 2019 (I mentioned before that I bought the boat in Florida and hauled it comfortably to Michigan with the Roadtrek). In this scenario I am discussing partnering with a real guy in Florida with his trawler and my Cdory in the pot). If we figure this to be a win-win scenario my major interest in a trawler would be centered upon cruises in the Bahamas or Keys during the winter months.

At any rate, I would like to know if your boat is still out there (which would be hard for me to understand because, IMO, there is no better outfitted and documented 25 footer to be found. Again IMO, anyone who has real experience and knowledge of boats should recognize your price point as a real deal).

Looking forward to getting back on the road and water after Corona (I did manage a 10 day North Sea sail with my son and family last summer on a chartered Bavaria 40. I still love sailing, but, in euphemistic terms, my less than youthful body is adapting quite well to motoring).

Hope all is well with you.

Bob
thataway

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all of the interest in "THATAWAY". There have been a number of full price offers.

Quote:
We will put Thataway up for sale after Hontoon, or if that goes extraordinarily well, after a Erie Canal Cruise later this year. This boat is ready to be loved and used by another owner.

Before the Hontoon gathering we completely redid the brakes on the Load Rite Trailer, along with new bearings and seals.--Also I have two new Caliper sets.

We survived the Hontoon gathering. (not without some pain on both of our parts). We are evaluating if we can do the Erie Canal. This depends on medical issues on both of our parts. Also I have been fixing some little issues which cropped up on our Hontoon gathering.

Shower sump fitting broken--replaced shower sump--filled holes into hull core with epoxy/ made plug for new screws. There was a little moisture in one of the two holes, but this extended only a few mm, and 80% of that bore out was dry.

A few drops of water leak under the galley sink storage area. It appears to be the cold water to the shower. I replaced the hose clamp, and used Permatex Form a gasket #2 when assembling the parts. I have found this cures 99% of minor water drips, when you are using vinyl tubing to nylon/plastic fittings. There were a few other minor issues. We will probably be using the boat locally for the next month or so, as we make that decision about the Erie Canal. The plus of the Erie is a dock every night for the dog!

I have a list of those interested--and when that time comes, it will be answered by the person who first contacted me. I will then put notice that the boat has gone to its new home.

Thanks for understanding.

Ref towing with Road Trek 1 ton Conversion. I did that with my first 25 and it was short distances and I would say marginal. It towed better behind the Excursion 3/4 Ton Diesel--the current Ford 250 6.7 L diesel with E/H brakes makes towing a real pleasure.
bshillam

City/Region: Bellingham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1981
Vessel Name: Heaven To Me
Photos: My Heaven
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still available at this time? Last post months ago.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: