The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

Eco boost
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:55 am    Post subject: Barn Cats Reply with quote

Now a good Barn Cat if they live for six months or more get a name and if they make it to 12 months they get a bath!!! Seriously, we have 8-10 year old veterans outside. They have trees to climb, safe routes to follow, a night time Hiding Hole that is near the trucks. I have a friend who has a cat barn in his cross bed box on his flat bed. Sometimes they try to sleep on the air cleaner. You can encourage this by screwing a cat bed with a hood thingy to the air cleaner top and by feeding them on the hitch or front bumper (got a winch - they seem to prefer Warns, not much on Horrible Freight). If you let the cat sleep in the engine bay, please check where Kitty is before you hit the starter. Twice I have had the rats move behind the firewall into the dash area, one got shredded by the HVAC fan. I harden the hinge points of the hood as that is where the rubber grommets are often missing. If you call around, someone might lend you their Squirrelinator, I drown the "guests" or shoot them through the mesh with an airgun. The Havaharts are a waste of time. Sometimes the Victor wood traps will work but most often just for one dispatch.
Don't get me started on Eurasian Doves, Pigeons (rats with wings) and nested baby dove that have an elimination septic system that has to be witnessed to be believed. Rabbits that eat cactus after wiping out everything they sell in the nursery section of Walmart and large owls that vomit white stuff with fur bit and bone chunks all over my patio.
I feed to encourage road runners (one good old RR - George - would spend hours with the wife in the house talking to her and standing at the fridge door were we kept his steak chunks). I also allow even rattle snakes but much prefer the other kinds.
One thing I know for sure, if you buy the round ball bait at Home Depot, the varmints store it up for winter and eat it at Thanksgiving and Christmas for dessert. Smoke bombs in their holes? Waste of money. Also, most of them own SCUBA gear do the hose in the hole does not work.
Now for the two big guns, I mean winners every time:
#1 Propane cannon with some Oxy mixed in. Oh boy is this fun but do not park you car over a tunnel
#2 Any gas engine, the worst running ones are best (that old lawn mower that will not cut any more) - just run a tight fitting hose from the exhaust pipe into the squirrel holes, pile some dirt on every opening you can find (I add oil to the gas so I can see where the gas is escaping - a bit of water works also) and let her rip for an hour or so. Guess there are no smoke detectors in their dens.
Well, I got more tricks but some are kinda secret and not for the young or faith of heart to read. I call them Anti-Snowflake propaganda, the weak livered ones will run as soon as I bring out my trophy pictures and by the way, why not have three or four of the bigger trophy buck squirrels mounted and nailed to the barn door under the deer antlers up a bit higher (ever seen a deer run into a barn that is decorated that way.
PS: decoy predators do not work - they ate the fake bobcat.
Bob Jarrard
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Bob - use spell checker please Reply with quote

Bob, use spell checker. Get a life. Bob
Dubuque chad

City/Region: Dubuque
State or Province: IA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Laura J
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments, and tip on the squirlinator. I will at least look at 3/4 ton trucks now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Trailers and Towing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: