The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

05/13 - 05/16 - Friday Harbor CBGT 2021
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the word s of the great (oops - forgot) "Alllll rightyyyy then".

Thanks you Mike, and hope to see you there.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Karl Konecny

City/Region: Glide
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: Nowhere Fast
Photos: Nowhere Fast
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there room for another newbie? Sounds like a great get-together. I dread the thought of trailering through Seattle so I would like to start south of there. Is there a good launch and a place to leave a truck and trailer on Hood Canal?
robhwa

City/Region: Anderson Island
C-Dory Year: 2003
Vessel Name: Marcia C
Photos: Problemadela
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl Konecny wrote:
Is there room for another newbie? Sounds like a great get-together. I dread the thought of trailering through Seattle so I would like to start south of there. Is there a good launch and a place to leave a truck and trailer on Hood Canal?

For Hood Canal, ones I've used, I'm not sure all would be good for C-Dory launch since mostly used for launching kayaks. Twanoh and Fort Flagler are OK for sure...beautiful ramps with a fee for launch and parking.

Twanoh State Park (my favorite, though way south on Hood Canal; secure with ranger patrol) https://parks.state.wa.us/294/Twanoh

Union Boat Launch, don't remember much about this one, used long ago.

Camp Parsons Boat Launch (Boy Scouts of America, don't know if public can use)

Port Whitney Public Access https://wdfw.wa.gov/places-to-go/water-access-sites (Washington Dept Fish & Wildlife; free with Washington fishing decal). Security concerns here.

also

Fort Flagler State Park (not on Hood Canal, but further N and I often used this launch and camped or moored here to get to Halibut fishing in Straits of Juan de Fuca), straight shot at Islands. Secure parking with Ranger patrol. God, I miss those multiple days of Halibut fishing.

You might also want to look at John Wayne marina or Sequim Bay State Park. I've anchored in Sequim Bay, but not used marinas or launches. No doubt Harvey will comment on JWM and probably other places I don't know about.

If you haven't been there, consider a drive up Hurricane Ridge this time of year. Watch out for aggressive mountain goats, though.
rmcelroy

City/Region: Bellingham
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recently retired educator who is new to boating with our recently acquired 2005 22. Excited to meet and learn from other more experienced C-Dory owners. I am learning a lot from this forum. Valorie and I would love to join. We live in Bellingham. Thank you for the invite. Rob
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, welcome to C-Brats. We look forward to meeting you and Valorie at the Friday Harbor C-Brats gathering. Congratulations on the purchase of your 22 Cruiser. You will meet many very nice people and learn more about boating from talking to others at the event. Just go to the 'Event Signups' at the top heading on the main page to officially add your name to the list. See you then.

Gary.

hardee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is room for more, and yes, "newbies" are welcome and yes there is launching available from many places.

There are good launch sites and some not so good. My choices for good are ones that have a dock along side the ramp. That makes launching some easier.
There will be more discussion on when and where as we get closer. Stay tuned, and really glad to see the interest.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

Standas

City/Region: Poulsbo
C-Dory Year: 2013
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C -Time
Photos: C -Time
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count us in. Thanks Steve and Jodi
smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to throw cold water on all this enthusiasm, but I say NO.

Harvey's question is not: "Would you come if the CBGT occurs?", but rather: "Should we tell FH that we are coming?" (or said another way: "Should we schedule a CBGT in FH in 2021").

I think May is too early to assume that COVID will not be a problem. I fear that lots of folks will "sign up" on the come, but many (most even) may not come if the pandemic is still in force. In the fall maybe, but spring is too early.

Having said that.....if there is a FH CBGT this May, I will surely come.

hardee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the original post in the thread:

Quote:
For now, I need to know:
1. If you were planning to be at the 2021 FH-CBGT 13-16 May.
2. If you are planning on being at Friday Harbor Marina anytime during the summer?

I probably should have asked, “ If there is a FH-CBGT in May, are you planning on being there?” Which is really what I am looking for, but the purpose of the thread has been maintained.

I like that we are having a good interest, but I (personally) have some serious reservations. This is a response I did to a fellow Brat who PM’d me with his concerns.

Quote:
Thanks ????, and I do share your concern. I appreciate your viewpoint and still have questions and concerns going forward. It is just easier to cancel at FH than it is to add in a gathering after the port has gone ahead and scheduled their calendar full.

I am a total believer in that it is a bad bug, and does not get its due credit for being as deadly as it is, and I don't want to promote anything that does not keep that in mind.

Sandy, I agree with you concerns also. I am scheduling with Port of FH because of the pronounced interest I am seeing, and in the hopes that we can have a 100% participation by our C-BRATS in vaccination and we will still need to still be very mindful of Covid etiquette. And I hope I get to see you there. I will have my shot and I will be wearing my mask.

Thanks to all for your participation here and I look forward to seeing you peeking out from behind your masks.

Harvey
SleepyC

Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl Konecny wrote:

I will others tell you about Hood Canal, but you can avoid trailering through Seattle by taking I-405 (through Bellevue), or even better, look at you road atlas, and you will see that you can go from Snoqualmie to Everett via SR 202, SR 203 and US 2. Everett is a nice launch, and not a long run to Friday Harbor. Be sure to go to Event Signups and sign up!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sandy, you could well be right, but I think we should schedule now on the assumption that we can always cancel as it gets clearer what the situation is closer to the date of the CBGT.

smckean (Tosca) wrote:
I hate to throw cold water on all this enthusiasm, but I say NO.

Harvey's question is not: "Would you come if the CBGT occurs?", but rather: "Should we tell FH that we are coming?" (or said another way: "Should we schedule a CBGT in FH in 2021").

I think May is too early to assume that COVID will not be a problem. I fear that lots of folks will "sign up" on the come, but many (most even) may not come if the pandemic is still in force. In the fall maybe, but spring is too early.

Having said that.....if there is a FH CBGT this May, I will surely come.
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
C-Dory Year: 2018
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karl Konecny wrote:

Karl,

Another suggestion with coming from the south and to avoid the congestion of Seattle is to launch out of the Port of Brownsville. This will put you in the water just west of Bainbridge Island. Start from Tacoma and cross over the Tacoma Narrows Bridge on highway 16. Head north to highway 3 and 303.

Gary.
SnowTexan

City/Region: Carlton
C-Dory Year: 2006
Vessel Name: Miss Maria
Photos: Miss Maria
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:59 pm    Post subject: Cbgt2021 Reply with quote

We’re in the yes if it’s safe category. Would like to continue avoiding areas as heavily populated/travelled as the San Juans until the majority of Washington is vaccinated. If we can pull that off by spring we’re in. My Crystal ball is fogged up! Probably not real crystal, probably some kind of plexiglass because i tried to polish it with windex and now it’s scratched and I cant see jack squat... Crying or Very sad
Angler

City/Region: Clarence
State or Province: NY
Vessel Name: The Laurie Jean (Tim & Laurie)
Photos: Laurie Jean
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:45 pm    Post subject: Friday Harbor 5/13-16 Reply with quote

Greetings,

I just picked up my to me 22 cruiser in central Florida and hauled it home to WNY, where it is in winter storage. I would like to attend the Friday Harbor gathering, (no boat), my daughter lives in Seattle. Clearly I will look forward to meeting fellow owners and get a good up close look at some C-dorys! Do I need to register for this event? Thanks in advance.

Tim Jones
jeffandi

C-Dory Year: 2016
Vessel Name: Ripple
Photos: Ripple
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Harvey!
Contingent on receiving the vaccine by then, Dianne and I are planning to attend this year's gathering and would also join in the week before if that is still on.
Looking forward to (hopefully) seeing everyone!

Jeff and Dianne

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to: