The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/10 - 03/12 - Poulsbo, WA
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lloyds

City/Region: sublimity
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 1996
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: undecided
Photos: 1996 22 Cruiser (Lloyds)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a cafe just east of the foot ramp from the marina fuel dock. It is really small but has a terrific breakfast if breakfast is something anyone holds in high esteem. Don't know if they are open in the evenings though. I have tried the asian place upstairs a couple times but never really cared for it.
Luna C

City/Region: Lake Goodwin/Center Island
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Panthera
Photos: Luna C
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janet here.... We are leaving from Everett on Friday afternoon, if anyone else is thinking along those lines. It would be fun to cruise on down together. Don't know if we'll be there in time to join you all for dinner (we're thinking about dinner on the way). We are bringing Nick - the 14 year old deck hand. Any other teenagers planning to attend?
Can't wait - forecast is for SUN!
janet
PS Somebody please tell my husband that yes you CAN run the Wallas all night!
starcrafttom

City/Region: marysville
C-Dory Year: 1984
C-Dory Model: 27 Cruiser
Vessel Name: to be decided later
Photos: Susan E
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

we will be bringing james on this trip but not until saturday moring. just learned that susan has to work late friday and we dont want to make the trip at night.
Pat Anderson

City/Region: Birch Bay, WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Daydream
Photos: Daydream and Crabby Lou
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Austin (15 in May, if you can believe that) says he MAY come if he doesn't have too much homework (like that ever stopped him, he won't even start homework until 9:00 pm Sunday night anyway).

Didn't snow here overnight (it was predicted on the TV weather last night), keeping our fingers crossed - snow or ice on our steep hill is the one thing that could bolix this whole deal for us.

We are launching Friday afternoon from Shilshole, I am guessing we will be in the water somewhere around 5:00 pm, HOPEFULLY a little earlier. Will have radio on dual watch 16 / 68 - give a call on 68 as you are approaching the Shilshole / Ship Canal / West Point area! I would like to know if people are NOT planning to eat out on Friday (that is somewhat of a CBGT tradition, but hey, traditions are made to be broken), if nobody else is, we will bring dinner fixins outselves, and we are good either way, not dying to spend the $$$, just assumed that is what folks would be doing...

Chris - you CAN run the Wallas all night, we have done it on both boats for three years - certainly doesn't harm the Wallas, but it is a good idea to get a CO detector.

Luna C wrote:
Janet here.... We are leaving from Everett on Friday afternoon, if anyone else is thinking along those lines. It would be fun to cruise on down together. Don't know if we'll be there in time to join you all for dinner (we're thinking about dinner on the way). We are bringing Nick - the 14 year old deck hand. Any other teenagers planning to attend?
Can't wait - forecast is for SUN!
janet
PS Somebody please tell my husband that yes you CAN run the Wallas all night!

DAYDREAM - CD25 Cruiser
CRABBY LOU - CD16 Angler (sold 2020)
Pat & Patty Anderson, C-Brat #62!
http://daydreamsloop.blogspot.com

johnf

City/Region: Tigard, OR
State or Province: OR
Photos: Boat Name TBD II (johnf)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janet...with as chilly as it will be at night I'll be running the Wallas all night...we did so last year early spring and it worked great!

CANNOT WAIT FOR SUNSHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom...we'll keep a lookout for you on Saturday...we'll driving up from Tigard, OR very early that morning launching at Brownsville and motoring around.

Had 3-4 inches of snow in the work parking lot at 6:30 am...loved sliding around before I parked...reminded me of my Montana days!

Pat...hope you can make it...won't be the same without you!

CRAZY FRAZEY is getting excited to go! Only one more day of work. See you all soon!
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two items for Chris and Janet, who are in charge of this gig (everyone else took one step back when they called for volunteers!).

First, do we have a day cruise planned for Saturday? Where to and what time for departure?

Second, what time do you want the potluck to start on Saturday?

Both of these are probably best set here on the site rather than trying to communicate with the Brats on the dock, which is somewhat like herding cats (no offense, Brock!).

For the potluck, it seems to work best to start it earlier rather than later, say around 5:00 pm or so. Day cruise is not necessary, but if we are going to do it, we should have some idea of where we are going and what time - say 11:00 am departure or something like that, maybe head south to Tacoma and Foss Waterway?

colobear

City/Region: Denver
State or Province: CO
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Photos: C-Cakes
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Anybody still there on Sunday? Reply with quote

We will be driving (groan) down from Oak harbor to Poulsbo but cannot be there until Sunday morning. Will we be too late to meet anyone?? This will be our first C-brat gathering and we want to meet all of you and drool over your boats. We promise to clean up after ourselves.

Barry and Patti Daniel
Colobear
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barry and Patti,
I will be around until Sunday, porbably leave in the early afternoon. I'm sure most will be there Sunday am but some may leave earlier. We are used to drool. Heck,we kind of like it. So come on down. Robbi

2003 C-Dory 19
sold 2019

2004 C-Dory 16 Cruiser
Sold 8/2015

2004 C-Dory 19 "C-Run"
Sold 8/2011

1989 C-Dory 16 Angler
Sold 2010
Luna C

City/Region: Lake Goodwin/Center Island
C-Dory Year: 2019
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Panthera
Photos: Luna C
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lunatics will be there Sunday morning! Is this the day we go out to breakfast, or is it Saturday?

Dinner is in the multi-purpose room at 5:00 on Saturday. I heard the beer will be especially good.

We had heard some talk about Brownsville. Would that be a cruise or is it too close? This is not our neck of the woods, so we'll need to let the locals make a recommendation! Janet will be doing homework where ever we are!

See you tomorrow! Pat and Patty, we hope to catch up with you on the water!
janet

Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe it, but here outside Fall City at the 700 foot level, at 6:30 a.m. March 10, the day we are supposed to head out for the Poulsbo CBGT, it is frickey-dickey SNOWING, huge fluffy snowflakes that are sticking... Sad Unless it turns to rain, I will not be able to get the boat off the hill. We live at the top of a short (one block) but very steep hill, with a tee intersection at the bottom, and I am not risking starting to slide on the hill and having to take the guard rail at the bottom. I very seldom cheer for it to rain, but today that is exactly what I am doing..We were planning on leaving here about 4:00 pm, so it has all day to warm up a bit, not sure what the forecasted temps are.

Last edited by Pat Anderson on Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Robbi

City/Region: Chambers Bay
C-Dory Year: 2023
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Photos: C-Run
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, The forecast for the uplands out of North Bend is 39 degrees by 1pm and 42 by 4pm. Now that is all well and good, unless you get an accumulation of snow that doesn't melt. That hill is a bugger. I will think warm thoughts.

We are at 300 feet and it is 39 degrees and no precip 6:45 am. Robbi
Pat Anderson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOOKS like a false alarm, the sky is blue now and the road is bare and wet! Yahoo! Loading the boat up right now!
Knotty C

City/Region: Vancouver, WA
Vessel Name: Knotty C
Photos: Knotty C
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat and Patty, that's good news. It's been snowing hard here all morning, but the roads are clear. We're also loading the boat now, just dropped off the dogs Crying or Very sad and will be on our way by 1 p.m. We are up for dinner out tonight and will trust your advice on restaurants since we haven't been there before. We're also looking forward to the opportunity to cruise around up there on Saturday. Launching at Port Orchard or Brownsville. We'll monitor 68.

See ya soon!

Don and Dee
Dreamer

City/Region: Really Sunny SaddleBrooke
State or Province: AZ
Photos: Dreamer
PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Hi folks, Janet and I want to thank all of you who welcomed us so warmly at Poulsbo today. This truly is a great bunch of boaters. We had a great time meeting folks and sharing a meal.

I'm sure this will be just the first of many get togethers with the C-Brats.

All the best, Roger & Janet Clark
Dreamer

Once a C-Brat, always a C-Brat

Dreamer- Sold 25 Feb. 2013
Alyssa Jean

City/Region: Guemes Is.(Anacortes)
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: Alyssa Jean
Photos: Anna Leigh and Alyssa Jean
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got back and have the boat washed and cleaned up. Had a great time with everyone. 14 boats including Les on a Ranger 21. He gave several people rides and also trouble shot a couple of C-80s that had some minor problems. I accidentally reset a couple things somehow and had a couple of things slightly wrong. Thanks Les!
We will be needing an album Mike or Bill. Pat forgot his camera but there were several cameras still clicking away.l

Alyssa Jean 16 Angler
Anna Leigh 22 Cruiser Sold 2005
Anna Leigh 25 Cruiser Sold 2014

K7KJR C-Brats #51
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: