The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

vaccination
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ssobol wrote:
Not really effective as a military weapon. The incubation period is too long, the percentage of people who actually get so sick as to be incapacitated is pretty small, and the number of fatalities is even smaller. A biological weapon that is good at killing people who are elderly or institutionalized but does not really affect persons of military age would not affect a fighting force much at all.

I can think of many weapons that are vastly more effective, starting with guns and bullets.

Guns and bullets? MORE effective? Seriously? Have you taken a good, long look around? You think bullets and guns could've done what that virus did in 12 months?...to basically, the entire planet? Of course it was all assisted by idiots in gobment. But I'd say they did a good job without firing one shot. The economic damage will be felt for years.

And I never said it was effective. It was an accidental release. But according to the WHO, it was just some innocent guy, in a market, selling a bat.

Sure. Right.

NORO LIM

City/Region: Olympia
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: NORO LIM (sold 12/12/14)
Photos: NORO LIM
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's getting darn hard to keep up with the conspiracies.

There used to be a contingent, here and elsewhere, that was convinced the whole "pandemic" thing was a hoax perpetuated by big gobment and its commie allies, and/or big pharma. All but the truest of the true believers among this group (sort of like the die hard flat-earthers) have grown pretty quite.

So now the pandemic is apparently either a purposeful attack by the commies, or big gobment, or Bill Gates, or it's a mistake and cover-up by commies and incompetent big gobment. (The adherents to these ideas are more than willing to throw the first group under the conspiracy bus, even though they tend to be natural allies in their fondness for blaming commies and big gobment for all things bad.)

I guess I'm just amazed that adherents to these theories are willing to follow the advice of incompetent or evil big gobment and get vaccinated. Aren't they worried about the micro-chips?

The immediate need is for agreement that the Pandemic is real and that vaccinations and social protocols and PPE are rational responses. Let's not get sidetracked by our desire to blame a favorite target. Plenty of time for that later.

smckean (Tosca)

City/Region: Guemes Island (Anacortes)
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Tosca
Photos: Tosca
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USA = good, very very good, may I even say Exceptionally Good.....YEA!

China = bad, very very bad, evil even......BOO!

(Probably something in the drinking water.)

colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
With many more expert opinions

Expert? Guess that's in the eye of the beholder. Yet even still experts can have "opinions", but that's all they are, opinions...

All this reminds me of the time I flew with a guy in the airlines that felt pilots should be armed. His reasoning was it was his Constitutional right. I suggested if that was his case, then all the passengers should be armed too. Within about 10 seconds of silence he said, well yeah they should...He also wore his pilots uniform as a substitute teacher; ...something for the kids to look up to...he didn't last as a substitute teacher long... Of course we've also had pilots that went to jail for not paying their income taxes, because taxation was unconstitutional. You know what, some of these guys were actually pretty good pilots, even while being full of the brown stuff. I'll leave you with that on your "expert opinions". Rolling Eyes

BTW Mark, I'm trying to figure you out. You seem to have a problem with government in general, but doesn't your paycheck come from an arm of the government? And if the Virus is more fatal than guns and bullets, then how can it be explained as a hoax, or vaccinations as unnecessary? Perhaps I'm reading way too much into your past comments. BTW, before you jump on Barry's bandwagon accusing me of attacking your character, I'm not. I'm just trying to figure out where you (and a few others) are coming from...
dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

localboy wrote:

. And there isn't a 20' tall statue of Lenin in downtown Seattle either...

back to the important stuff. Here's the whole story about Lenin statue in Fremont (also the home of the The Troll}. It, the Lenin statue was found in a dump in Poprad, Slovakia, which happens to be my father's hometown. https://fremont.com/explore/sights/lenin-statue/

"...we're all in the same boat..."
dotnmarty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

more about art in Fremont https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/fremont-troll
NORO LIM

City/Region: Olympia
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: NORO LIM (sold 12/12/14)
Photos: NORO LIM
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Marty!

Thanks for the links. I lived under the Fremont Bridge decades before the Troll or Vlad moved in and Yuppified the neighborhood. I was just fresh out of the Big Green Machine and going to school on the GI Bill. It was the 60's. We lived in a basement apartment right next to where the Troll now squats. Our neighbors down the alley had the "Frog Wing Institute" which did custom, fanciful, motorcycle modifications, among other things. We had a Beetle which for all I know is the one clutched by the Troll. Thanks for stirring up some great memories. And thanks for pointing out to those who do not know, or chose not to know, that Lenin is 1) Not in "downtown Seattle"; 2) Is privately owned; and 3) Is on private property. Details, details, details.
dotnmarty

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NORO LIM wrote:
Hey Marty!

. I was just fresh out of the Big Green Machine and going to school on the GI Bill. It was the 60's. thanks for pointing out to those who do not know, or chose not to know, that Lenin is 1) Not in "downtown Seattle"; 2) Is privately owned; and 3) Is on private property. Details, details, details.

I too went to school on the GI Bill. Does that make me a communist?
localboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

smckean (Tosca) wrote:
USA = good, very very good, may I even say Exceptionally Good.....YEA!

China = bad, very very bad, evil even......BOO!

You wrote it. Now you just need to believe it. I could provide very specific examples to prove it. But you probably wouldn't believe me. There are 12.8 million or so Uyghurs you may want talk to though...
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbysmith wrote:
Quote:
With many more expert opinions

Expert? Guess that's in the eye of the beholder. Yet even still experts can have "opinions", but that's all they are, opinions...

All this reminds me of the time I flew with a guy in the airlines that felt pilots should be armed. His reasoning was it was his Constitutional right. I suggested if that was his case, then all the passengers should be armed too. Within about 10 seconds of silence he said, well yeah they should...He also wore his pilots uniform as a substitute teacher; ...something for the kids to look up to...he didn't last as a substitute teacher long... Of course we've also had pilots that went to jail for not paying their income taxes, because taxation was unconstitutional. You know what, some of these guys were actually pretty good pilots, even while being full of the brown stuff. I'll leave you with that on your "expert opinions". Rolling Eyes

BTW Mark, I'm trying to figure you out. You seem to have a problem with government in general, but doesn't your paycheck come from an arm of the government? And if the Virus is more fatal than guns and bullets, then how can it be explained as a hoax, or vaccinations as unnecessary? Perhaps I'm reading way too much into your past comments. BTW, before you jump on Barry's bandwagon accusing me of attacking your character, I'm not. I'm just trying to figure out where you (and a few others) are coming from...

One of the things about expert opinions and experts in general is that it can be hard to differentiate a true expert in a field without having a little expertise of your own. For example, if you've never owned a boat or worked on an engine yourself, you might have a hard time differentiating a good Honda marine mechanic from a random wrench wielding bonehead. They might both claim to have some relevant expertise, they might both appear knowledgable on the surface and they might both be presented to you as "experts" by someone else. If one of them tells you that the flux capacitor in your Honda 135 needs replacing, you might not know that he's full of sh*t.

The same is true of medical experts, virologists and immunologists. If you don't have any training in those areas you likely cannot easily tell one "expert" from a "real expert".

Why do I say all this? Because IMHO, the people who actually are the experts in viral evolution and coronavirus in particular, have concluded that the most likely source of SARS-CoV2 is from a zoonotic source and likely a bat or perhaps a civet. This is based on an extensive amount of molecular evidence that comes from monitoring viruses in animals throughout the world. It's also based on evidence as to what we know about designing genes and how we do that - e.g. if one was intending to design a more dangerous SARS-CoV2, the choices that we made in nature would not have been at all obvious to those who design genes.

This is an area in which I have some practical relevant training. Enough training to select between the plethora of experts that exist on this topic and enough training and relevant reading to realize that the consensus opinion of the experts who have studied this is that the by far more likely explanation for the origin of SARS-CoV2 is zoonotic.

Gene&Mary

City/Region: Seattle/Center Island
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Linnea
Photos: Linnea
PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the memories Noro Lim. I also lived in Fremont and went back to school on the GI Bill, only it was in the 70s.

For those who are against providing a hand up for getting a start in life, thank you GI Bill. I wouldn't have got my re-start in life without it.

I also believe it should be mandatory for everyone to provide the nation with 1-2 years of some type of service right out of high school. No starting college right away. Minimal pay except room and board. The reward would be free trade school or college.

Does this make me a communist?
localboy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2021 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

colbysmith wrote:
BTW Mark, I'm trying to figure you out. You seem to have a problem with government in general, but doesn't your paycheck come from an arm of the government?

Colby, I have a problem with government whose only priority is the utter destruction of this country. One that treats The Constitution as toilet paper and it's citizens as pawns. One that prioritizes everyone and everything except U.S. citizens and taxpayers.

As to my career, I provide a service that government is mandated to provide; public safety. Compare that to myriad other government positions, say official poet or some "czar" somewhere. (Seattle has had I don't know how many "homeless czars"...and guess what...the problem has gotten WORSE. So what, exactly, did they "do" to earn their pay?) All with zero benefit, yet a cost that taxpayers carry.

I make no apologies for putting myself out there, with my brothers & sisters. I run towards what most would run in fear from. One of my favorite quotes: People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. Seems people have forgotten that. Oh, well. People should be concerned and careful what they wish for...

Quote:
And if the Virus is more fatal than guns and bullets...

I never said the virus was "more fatal". I said it has done more damage to the world, than people want to admit. You think China is not attempting to become the dominant power in the world? If you don't, I don't know what to say. In the 1930s people and politicians said similar of Germany. Only Churchill was wise enough to see what the future held. Chamberlain was like Biden; weak and feckless. Biden's excuse is he doesn't know what day it is nor what he had for breakfast. Chamberlain was just a coward. Biden talks tough. But that's all it is; talk.

Quote:
...then how can it be explained as a hoax, or vaccinations as unnecessary? Perhaps I'm reading way too much into your past comments

Please show me, exactly, where I said it's a "hoax" or the "vaccinations are unnecessary". I'll wait.

Guess what. You won't, because I didn't. I said this "it came from a wet market" is bullsh*t. I don't believe our enemy. But the media, the left and the lapdogs that adhere to both, do. That's all. People here praise "experts" like Fauci and "science". Yet when experts on diplomacy, science et al provide their expertise and agree that it came from a lab in the PRC, suddenly those same people don't adhere to the "experts" or "science" argument any longer. Funny, huh. Neutral
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22
Page 22 of 22

Jump to: