The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

vaccination
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baxter

City/Region: Sheridan
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Baxter ll
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:07 pm    Post subject: Vaccine Reply with quote

One advantage to living in a state with less that 600,000 pop and 9 the in land mass we don’t have long line. 30 minutes for shot 2 car to car. Including in thev15 minute wait period.

I write this as seems all we every here is about reactions. No one we know in Sheridan , Wy has had recactiond. But, we don’t know everyone. Getting boating itch.

However favorite place is Canada and I predict with US numbers of Covid the boarder won’t be open soon.

We remain masked, and we are limited socialization . We have already lost one close friend to COVID they were in their condo in Lake Havasu p, AZ when he and wife got sick. He did not make it.

I know is C-Dory forum but it does affect our obsession. So felt worth mentioning. Out highway electronic signs in WY read “Drive safe and when you arrive wear your mask”

To those if you that live where you can boat year round I am happy for you but not moving anymore. So we wait for Friday Harbor

dotnmarty

City/Region: Sammamish
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1993
C-Dory Model: 16 Angler
Vessel Name: LIZZIE II
Photos: Lizzie
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Notes to the country from Seattle:
1. Science works.
2. Experts are experts for a reason.
3. Do it for others, not yourself.
4. Be safe."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/11/us/coronavirus-seattle-success.html?smid=url-share

"...we're all in the same boat..."
NORO LIM

City/Region: Olympia
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: NORO LIM (sold 12/12/14)
Photos: NORO LIM
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marty,

Thanks for posting the link. Pretty astounding:
"One year later, the Seattle area has the lowest death rate of the 20 largest metropolitan regions in the country. If the rest of the United States had kept pace with Seattle, the nation could have avoided more than 300,000 coronavirus deaths."

My wife and I are both now more than two weeks passed our second Fauci Ouchie. I went into my favorite local coffee shop this morning for the first time in more than a year. Even with my mask on, the barrista recognized me and instantly reeled off my usual order. I was impressed. The no-whip, 2%, split shot, 12 oz mocha was perfect.

dotnmarty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, being from NJ I don't speak Starbucks, but yesterday I had my favorite, McDonald's one dollar small coffee with two Splenda and two cream. Even better, in the payment window there was my old friend who always greeted me with "Abuelo!" to which I answer, "hijo!". I am so grateful to live here.
Barry Rietz

City/Region: Sierra Vista
State or Province: AZ
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Vaccination Reply with quote

Has any person who suffers with "Lupus" or "Psorisis" been advised not to get vaccinated until there is further evidence the vaccine will not be detrimental to their condition?
JamesTXSD

City/Region: from island boy to desert dweller
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: "Wild Blue" (sold 9/14)
Photos: Wild Blue
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And, in Texas, literally 3 days before the start of the biggest spring break week, our Governor has "opened up Texas 100%."

Too soon (my opinion). I am a big supporter of the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Unfortunately, this move undercuts what our county was trying to do with making spring break more "family friendly."

In April of last year, our beach and all rentals were shut down. Our local population turned to large house parties. Infection rates were high among that crowd. The beach was opened mid-May with restrictions (no large gatherings masks, required distancing)... that first weekend, over 70,000 people came to the beach (and the town of fewer than 2,500)... infection rates, hospitalizations, and deaths skyrocketed. And many of those people who ignored those beach restrictions took the virus home with them. Apparently, we didn't learn anything from that since it looks like a repeat of last May is underway again.

The restrictions were originally put in place to protect the general population from those who don't understand (or believe in) science.

And now, people are saying, "Look - the numbers are down!" Not considering that most of Texas was "essentially locked down" during a good portion of February because of Mother Nature's winter wrath.

We are just coming up on our two week mark after the second Moderna shot. The crowds that will be coming for spring break are young, not yet in the age range to be vaccinated. It doesn't take a scientist or medical expert to see where this is going.

That 300,000 fewer deaths that could have been prevented, as related in that Seattle article, is a real human tragedy.
localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dotnmarty wrote:
1. Science works.

Like XX and XY?

localboy

City/Region: Lake Stevens via Honolulu
Vessel Name: 'Au Kai (Ocean Traveler)
Photos: 'AU KAI
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Experts are experts for a reason.

And yet some experts think other experts are full of crap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oza1j2_WqBk
dotnmarty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You mean him? May he rest in peace https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/kary-mullis--inventor-of-the-pcr-technique--dies-66256
dotnmarty

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way Mark, the video you cite, although posted in 2020, is not recent. Further his comments in it do not relate to Covid but rather to a disagreement he had with Fauchi in the 80's regarding the use of the PCR test to definitively identify the HIV virus. As noted, he passed away in 2019.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The crowds that will be coming for spring break are young, not yet in the age range to be vaccinated. It doesn't take a scientist or medical expert to see where this is going.

There is another potentially very dangerous situation on the horizon. That is the variants. The prior infection (and potentially vaccines) do not give good protection against the African variant of the COVID 19. There may be a number of other variants out there, which have not yet been properly identified. We just don't know about these potentials at this point.

We plan on masking for the rest of this year; even with vaccinations.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Vaccination Reply with quote

Barry Rietz wrote:
Has any person who suffers with "Lupus" or "Psorisis" been advised not to get vaccinated until there is further evidence the vaccine will not be detrimental to their condition?

Barry, one of my friends had systemic Lupus and I have mild psoriasis. My friend with Systemic Lupus died from COVID 19. She was well controlled on medications. It was a week from the first symptoms until she died. Pretty grim situation.

Both the Lupus Foundation and the American College of Rheumatology have recommended that Systemic Lupus patients be vaccinated--after discussing this with their physician. There some issues with certain medications used for Systemic Lupus. Discoid Lupus (skin rash only-sort of a different disease) would not be an issue with vaccination.
Barry Rietz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:41 pm    Post subject: Vaccination Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your close friend passing from covid. You may recall I have CHF, Lupus, and Psoriasis from previous discussions. Although there has been suggestions that having the vaccination is not counter to good medicine, I have reservations! The Lupus Foundation, Johns Hopkins, and Mayoclinic all suggest consultation but will not commit themselves either way at this point in time. Therefore, I have decided to hold off on the vaccination until after my summer appointment at Mayoclinic Rochester.
Barry Rietz

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject: NOVAVAX enters the Arena Reply with quote

Protein subunit vaccine. Subunit vaccines include only the parts of a virus that best stimulate your immune system. This type of COVID-19 vaccine contains harmless S proteins. Once your immune system recognizes the S proteins, it creates antibodies and defensive white blood cells. If you become infected with the COVID-19 virus, the antibodies will fight the virus.
rogerbum

City/Region: Kenmore
C-Dory Year: 2008
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Meant to be
Photos: SeaDNA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

localboy wrote:
dotnmarty wrote:
1. Science works.

Like XX and XY?

Science will also tell you that those are not the only combination of sex chromosomes that occur naturally in the human population. XXY, XYY, XXXY all occur in frequencies of 1 part in a few 1000. I knew an individual who was XXY and who had both male and female parts. He both identified and appeared as male on the outside. He ultimately committed suicide at least partially due to issues relating to others being able to accept him as he was.

Science will also tell you that gender and sex are not the same thing.

But to know either of the above, you'd actually have to study science.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 13 of 22

Jump to: