The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

C-Dory 22 Cruiser, New Mercury 115 hp Mercury Command Thrust
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfman

City/Region: San Diego
State or Province: CA
C-Dory Year: 1994
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Hunky Dory
Photos: Rowdy Runabout
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:10 pm    Post subject: C-Dory 22 Cruiser, new 115 Mercury 4 stroke, Command Thrust Reply with quote

Hi,
I just bought a C-Dory 22 cruiser re-powered it with a New Mercury 115 hp. 4 stroke, Command Thrust, extra long shaft with a aluminium jack plate. I also outfitted with all the necessary fishing gear including Simrad. I live in San Diego and have 5 offshore trips under my belt (aprox. 150 m ea.) The motor has a 5 year warranty that started a few months ago. I bought The C-Dory from a guy that NEVER used the boat, it sat beside his house for 19 years so it is in great shape! When I got it I spent about 2 months working on it. It looks like new!!! I spent way too much and now finances have become more important than a boat.
Call or email me for photos and or more info….
P.S. The Mercury Command Thrust motors have the next size up lower ends, so my 115 has a 150 hp LE (bigger prop, more oil and bigger gears)
Michael
619 850 2742
mrquidort@gmail.com

B95054

City/Region: Maple Ridge
State or Province: BC
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have pricing? Year of the boat? Photos?
B95054

City/Region: Maple Ridge
State or Province: BC
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hurst reread your post and see that you are in California. Sorry I mistook Ca for Canada. Disregard my request.
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject: I am Calif. Got a price and pics?? Reply with quote

I am Calif. Got a price and pics??
Bob
wolfman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:51 am    Post subject: Hunky Dory Reply with quote

Bob, Please CALL me for all the details and photos

Michael
619 850 2742
easy does it

City/Region: St George/Ivins
State or Province: UT
C-Dory Year: 2004
Vessel Name: Pura Vida
Photos: Easy Does It
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:52 am    Post subject: post topic Reply with quote

Michael just my opinion after talking to you on the phone.
These are people here on this site you can trust and the best chance for you to sell your boat at the best price. If I were you I would list everything you have done to it in detail with pictures. Your boat is worth what someone is willing to pay and this is your best and quickest venue. It is not worth what you hope or think but what someone is willing to pay. Cheers..read the serenity prayer on my recent Hawaii post. It works!
bobjarrard

City/Region: Boulder City
State or Province: NV
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 1:38 pm    Post subject: Seller is a nice guy - give him a call Reply with quote

This seller and I shared about his 22 for over 1/2 hour. He has poured cash and sweat equity into this boat. He is most comfortable with talking over his work and he has lots of great upgrades. The motor install is pretty impressive. He is quick to call you back if you give him a jingle. Plus if you go to see the boat it is in San Diego - HOLIDAY!!!!!!!!!!! Bob Jarrard
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my two cents. Cars, boats, rvs. When I've been in the market for these things, if the price isn't listed with some details, you've already lost my interest. Also, some of us here will occasionally know of someone looking to buy a C-Dory. Having some details we can share information to those possible buyers. I'm not sure it makes much sense to post something for sale but not list the asking price or much in the way of details. JMHO. Colby
Nancy and Bud

City/Region: Nashville
State or Province: IL
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Emma Mae
Photos: Emma Mae
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. Lack of a price makes me think they want much more than it's worth and hope to convince someone it's worth the money.

Ads with no price gets 0 inquiries when I'm buying anything.

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although a worn out engine devalues the boat by almost as much as a new engine costs; a new engine does not increase the value equal to the amount the seller has spent on that new engine. The jack plate is very unusual on a C Dory--and is not something that a person who does use in any place than very shallow bays, would use.
Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
san juanderer

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:02 pm    Post subject: jack plate use Reply with quote

Some people misunderstand the jack plate use.
I even put one on a Rosburough RF246. One main advantage, it allows easy adjustment for raising or lowering the motor to get the prop in the best water. In the authors use, he wanted the motor powerhead higher off the waterline, yet the prop was at the same water level as a 20" motor would have been when bolted to the transom.
Yes there may be some bass boat guys who are using electric jackplates to raise there prop height while running at high speed. This is not the C-dory guys set up. Getting the powerhead higher prevents dunking the exhaust ports while in heavy seas.
wolfman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:40 am    Post subject: Not posting a price! Reply with quote

My post was not intended to be a ad, I was testing the waters...considering that all boats are different I don't want to deal with people that won't take the time to call me. For example, the post above this one explained the reason for a jack plate. There are many aspects of THIS boat that are best discussed on the phone!

Michael
619 850 2742
ssobol

City/Region: Leesburg
State or Province: VA
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject: Re: jack plate use Reply with quote

san juanderer wrote:
... Yes there may be some bass boat guys who are using electric jackplates to raise there prop height while running at high speed. This is not the C-dory guys set up. Getting the powerhead higher prevents dunking the exhaust ports while in heavy seas.

How does this work? An outboard engine has the exhaust ports underwater by design.
san juanderer

City/Region: Anacortes
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1990
C-Dory Model: 22 Angler
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:54 pm    Post subject: exhaust ports higher from waterline Reply with quote

Exhaust ports by design are NOT under the waterline.

Boats with I/O's have had many instances of waterlock.

Here is how your outboard exhaust ports can be dunked in large seas. Shut off your main motor and fire up the trolling kicker motor and start trolling. In large seas the main motor is getting dunked by seas washing over the transom, since it is not running there is no exhaust pressure exiting the combustion chamber.

In the case of this boat for sale, having mounted the 25" long motor in the way it was done, is a huge advantage. The prop is nearly at the same water level as a 20' motor mounted on the transom. This is a very nice set up.
wolfman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject: 1994 C-Dory with new motor Reply with quote

That is a astute observation and true, but it goes a little further...I learned on my 16" angler with a merc. 60 hp command thrust that the transom is small/short and the engine ends up too deep (offshore use) On the 60 I would get salt water pooling up inside the engine cowling so I rigged my new motor accordingly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Dory Boats For Sale By Owner All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: