hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob and SSOBOL for the submissions. Hope to be working on this starting next week.

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

hardee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our meeting at NMI is not going to happen today or whenever, Covid restrictions so . . . . we will see how this goes. You all hang on, and I will let you know. Last count we have less that 100 photos to go over.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
Our meeting at NMI is not going to happen today or whenever, Covid restrictions so . . . . we will see how this goes. You all hang on, and I will let you know. Last count we have less that 100 photos to go over.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

You only need 13 Smile
RobMcClain

City/Region: Summerlin, NV
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’ve usually posted my calendar in my kitchen nook and have always loved looking at the photos, seeing the boats and geographic areas. Gives me enthusiasm for getting out on the water and seeing areas we haven’t been to. Of course, it’s also a good way to enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning. My coffee time this year just hasn’t been the same without it!

Harvey, I can understand your disappointment at having only 100 photos, probably many of the same few boats, but... hopefully that will still give you and Julie enough to work with. Thanks to both of you for attempting this project!!

Rob. Rolling Eyes
RobMcClain

City/Region: Summerlin, NV
State or Province: NV
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Freedom
Photos: Freedom
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

p.s: My silly eyes emoji was supposed to go next to my coffee comment...
hardee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, today was not very productive. Due to Covid, I did not get to go over to NMI and work on the calendar with Julie. In fact, I didn't even get to get on the computer all day due to a part time, essential service job I get roped into on occasion. That happend today, and it is not something I have a scehdule control over.

Hopefully we can get it put together on the internet soon. Thanks to those who sent in submissions. Anxious to see what we have.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RobMcClain wrote:
p.s: My silly eyes emoji was supposed to go next to my coffee comment...

Rob, the emojis go in at wherever the last character or space is in the post when the emoji is clicked. IF you put the cursor somewhere up in the text after you are done typing, the emoji will still go to the end of the post.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All Right, We are making progress. We have submission photos from 13 entrants. Yes, and some great photos, so thank you.

Some only sent in one or two photos. Some sent in several. Some of them were not sufficient size as we needed a minimum of 1 mb and I will take the hit for that as I used the 1650x1275 that had been used before so the 1 mb was ne to me and I didn't catch that prior to the posting. There were a few that were not within the correct date range, (2019 and 2020 seasons), since we did not do one for last year, 2019 was included in the date range. More often that not, the boat appeared to be smaller than optimal. Yes I know, that C-Dory profile is easy to recognize for us, but we want this to be pretty obvious. As usual, we had a proliferation of 22 Cruisers. There were some other models for sure, but they will be hard to recognize.

We will have a calendar for 2021. That is important, and I am going to offer that we start collecting in a file, the photo of the year for the 2022 calendar, just in case. Get out on the water, and take pictures.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump, Just to keep the interest up.

We will have a 2021 calendar available at Lulu soon.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

hardee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we are still working on the 2021 C-BRAT Calendar, (I think), -- Part of this process is beyond my basic copputer skill so NMI is sharing Julie, (Marketing) to help with the process. (I have been somewhat distracted for a while, I have a family member who is in ICU with Covid, left over from contact with some other family who work with his family, going to a Halloween party -- if that makes any sense in any way.) I am working to get us back on track and get the calendar production in time for Christmas.,

Harvey
SleepyCMoon

hardee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had submissions only from 13 folks, and wanting to stay with one photo per photographer we set out to do that. But, as happens in life, some technical difficulties pooped up along the way and so, the cover photo we picked fro several reasons, would not allow us to upload to LuLu. We tried to work around that but to a no joy solution so somebody is going to get the cover and a an inside page too. Congrats. You will find out who soon.

Frankly, I am surprised about the participation and response. And I am curious. We have a fairly active group here, with many highly skilled in both the art of photography, and the technical skills on the computer to submit their photos for consideration. I am also betting that there isn't a person on this forum that does not take pictures of their boat, and most here, have a photo album. Some are more active and current that others, so there is some variability to be sure, but I am curious what is the hinderance to the calendar and photo participation.

I see some things; lack of technical skills in photo or computer as a pair of possibilities. Could be no current (last season or this year) photos -- I highly doubt that. Maybe you don't think you boat in a interesting part of the world, (but your common area may be unseen by some of us). Or, some hold back because of the concern for the use of the photo. Maybe the photo quality is not up to par, blurry, dark or light beyond printing range. Might be the timing comes in a busy time of the year and it doesn't make the priorty list. Or maybe it is a privacy thing. I can understand there can be reasons, and I can respect that. If there is no interest in continuing the Calendar project, or if we need to change something to make it work, then OK, but what needs to change?

The floor is open . . .

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

ssobol

City/Region: SW Michigan
State or Province: MI
C-Dory Year: 2008
Vessel Name: SoBELLE
Photos: SoBelle
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardee wrote:
..., or if we need to change something to make it work, then OK, but what needs to change?

The floor is open . . .
...]

There needs to be more reminders during the year so people will keep it in mind. After last year there was sort of the implication that it was over because the person organizing it dropped out. Then sort of at the last minute this year, it was suddenly back on again. FWIW, this year C-Dory corporate is participating much more in the whole C-Brats/C-Dory thing and with Facebook and Instagram than they have for quite awhile. I think they are the reason the calendar was resurrected.

IMO, you need to plan your calendar shot. So there is some intentional effort involved, not a lot, but some (picking a location, picking an interesting time of day, making sure the boat is clean and tidy, etc.). Maybe some people aren't up for doing that or perhaps I over thinking it. The snapshots you get while messing around with your boat or during your travels shot on your phone may be good enough for the web or email, but may not hold up when printed for a calendar (although cell phone cameras are getting better every day).
Hunkydory

City/Region: Cokeville, Wyoming
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2000
Vessel Name: Hunkydory
Photos: Hunkydory-Jay-and-Jolee
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exceptional photos that give good representation of the boat & include a great background are hard to come by. I didn’t feel any I had in the last 2 years worth sending in. I have many from the past years that I think would be, that haven’t been previously used in calendars or in the Factor Brochure. Possibly the same with others. It’s also hard to chose a photo that would appeal universally. I see that from the photos that others & I have posted in the albums here. Many times the photos that I particularly like are not viewed as many times as some who are to me just so so.
thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have taken well over 500 photos of or from the C Dory, and about C Dory activities during the last 2 years. I submitted a couple--but didn't go thru all of them. Sometimes you don't know the boat name or owner name. Also as Jay says, you don't think that they are of general interest.

I agree if there were regular reminders--it would help. Not going to be as many boating gatherings this year--We scrubbed out Erie Canal trip.

Thanks

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: