The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

03/09 - 3/11 - Hontoon Island CBGT DeLand Florida
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Avidmagnum12

City/Region: Ocklawaha
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2011
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: C-Otter
Photos: C-Otter
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attention, Attention, Attention

These are the names of the boats that filled out the Jotform as requested:
Comfy Dory Too
Calm C
Lake Effect
Molly Brown
Cat O’ Mine
Surprise
Tully B
Charlie Rock
Alma’s Only
Sea Angel
Thataway
Cat Claw
Intuition
C-Otter

Please if you’re not on this list fill out a Jotform today.
We want to get a list of attendees to everyone before the gathering.
A list make the check in process MUCH easier for the ladies that volunteer to do this work. This information is only used for attendees.

https://form.jotform.com/60634279765163

Thank you! Tom

[/b]

2011 CD 25 "C-Otter" 07/2015 to present
2011 CD 25 "My Girl" 06/2015 renamed C-Otter
2004 CD 22 Commuter "Out2C" 03/10 to 06/15
jennykatz

City/Region: naples
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Little Treasurer
Photos: Jennykatz
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:20 pm    Post subject: Hontoon Reply with quote

We will not be able to attend I’m still filling at School and I won’t be able to get away .Hopefully next year will be better Jim
00 cd16 cruiser honda 40 sold 3/12
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim
Plans change......no problem.....CU next year.....Tom
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There’s a bunch of cruisers anchored in the bay here at Estero Island. Every morning at 9:30 they have a Cruisers net like VHF 68 radio chat forum to disseminate information. They even have an Agenda, believe it or not. It includes but is not limited to info for Captains, trivia, do you have any mechanical issues, and can anyone help Frank with his mechanical issues (it was always Frank), any great mods seen at church yesterday, what’s new at the Ft Myers Beach Farmers Market (Wed and Sun 8-2) and Carlos is still in search of someone who has some Grey Poupon.

They referred a lot to ‘going to church’ at a prior stop. Seems like they all went to church every day. Because of Lent? I had not pegged them as being a particularly devout group of partiers based on their spicy radio chatter. It turns out that there is an infamous bikers bar with the cheapest drinks in town on Church street and motorcycle owners from far and wide polish and show off their bikes and mods.

It gave me a whole new perspective on ‘going to church.’ And if you and your crew are ‘going to church’ you should switch your VHF radio to High Power and let all the infidels within 25 miles damn well know it.

Anyways, my point is that maybe this could work at the Hontoon Hoot. I fear that if Tom has to bellow out to 50 grandparents who are all hard of hearing (except Steve and Tina) and they’re all 6-12 feet apart that Tom might get a sore throat by the second day, unless he has a bullhorn. He might, he’s that kind of guy.

This is thrown out as just something to maybe consider.

Remember to stock up on provisitons for the duration of the Hoot, since ‘rides’ are not safe.

Get some fresh Florida strawberries to cut up, and some Premium USA honey to drizzle over them. Tex taught us to avoid anything else. Those beekeepers in Brazil and Argentina don’t use free-range bees, and the 55 gallon drums previously contained benzene or maybe something worse.

83 degrees and sunny, thank goodness the AC is blowing cold! Hope yours is too.

Cheers!
John

WeekiTiki

City/Region: Weeki Wachee
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Just Cruisin'
Photos: WeekiTiki
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avidmagnum12 wrote:
Please if you are coming to the gathering fill out the Jot form and the event signup on the C-Brats web site.

http://www.c-brats.com/groupcp.php

Thanks Tom

Both done now, didn't realize anything about "jotform"

SnT

City/Region: Pensacola
C-Dory Year: 2007
Vessel Name: Outlier
Photos: Outlier
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks John- but hearing has already become hard for us for various reasons-some fun and some not.
Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The countdown is on for the 8th Annual Hontoon Island C-Brat get together.
A few reminders are in order.

1)if you park at Ed Stone park do so near the highway where they have the oversized parking if possible.
2) The area near the park is slow minimum wake and a manatee zone. No one wants to harm a manatee.
3) Be sure to be well provisioned for your time on the water.
4) Bring your “treasures “ for the silent auction and lots of cash or your check book for purchases. Sorry ....no Visa or Master Card.
5) We use channel 72 for communication.
6) We will have a nightly fire ring for those that wish to join in.
7) Bring your own chairs, writing instruments and eating utensils if possible.
Cool No potlucks this year, but we will be serving food on Tuesday and Wednesday night. In order to simplify things, we will not have condiments. Tuesday we will serve Pizza and Wednesday Publix chicken, coleslaw, potato salad for those that wish to get together. Also a special cake on Wednesday!
9) We will have paper plates and disposable utensils available.
10) No 50/50 this year, but we will take an offering to cover expenses each evening with any additional funds donated to the park.
11) Bring name tags if you have one, otherwise we have some on hand.
12) Limited ferry service to and from the island.
13) As in the past, volunteers will be needed and a signup will be upon check in.

Lastly....we will all be working together to make this the BEST gathering ever. Thanks in advance for everyone’s cooperation.

You’re all the best! Tom and Joyce
FloydFloridaUSA

City/Region: Tampa
Vessel Name: Boatless, But Looking
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahoy !
I plan to attend the Hontoon gathering.
Is there anyone who would permit a boat tour and possibly entertain about 100 (mostly dumb) newby questions?
Thanks!
Floyd
Tampa Bay

About me;
I am currently boatless, but looking.
I have decades of sailing experience, mostly racing on Tampa Bay but also a few deliveries and a Havanna sailing trip two years ago. My power boat experience is pretty limited.
I am considering doing the Great Loop and I want to thoroughly check out the C-Dory before making a purchase.
Covid19; I have not had it. I test once per month, all negative. I am not yet eligible for the vaccine so I have not had the vaccine.
Happy Sails !

PaulNBriannaLynn

City/Region: Fort White
Vessel Name: TBD
Photos: Lorelei
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slip 12A is available now for any early arrivals starting Friday. Its not working out for us, so we're postponing our hontoon trip.

We'll be cruising the area starting the 19th - 28th. Wish Spring break lined up with this event every year, but this is a continual problem for us working stiffs with children in school.

Have fun! Maybe we'll get to see a few stragglers up at Silver Glenn or wherever we are on our adventure.

Avidmagnum12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paul... It’s difficult to line up dates that work for everyone but we try. Maybe next year? We will watch out for you on the St John’s later. Channel 72

Floyd ...I can give you a boat tour of our 25 if no one else steps up but I’m limiting questions to 99!

Everyone please register on Jotform link if you have not done so.
Still about 8 boats short.

Please call on 72 when docking. Most slips must be backed into. Help will be supplied when possible. Haven’t had a scratched boat yet!

Thanks Tom
gulfcoast john

City/Region: PENSACOLA
C-Dory Year: 2010
C-Dory Model: 255 Tomcat
Vessel Name: Cat O' Mine
Photos: CAT O' MINE
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Florida’s multiple flavors of ‘manatee zones’ can be confusing to out of state boaters. Bring binocs, often the signs are on the other side of the river and an osprey’s nest hangs over part of it. Tom has previously stated that ‘slow speed-minimum wake’ means about 6 MPH in our boats.

Although there are short stretches of 25MPH mid channel in the 3.1 river miles from Ed Stone ramp to Hontoon, some of that is around marinas and private boat docks with boats tied up, and you are responsible for any damage from your wake. We all want to be good responsible neighbors sharing the river.

Floyd,
We would be happy to discuss boating and C-Dory’s, esp if outside and six feet apart.

If our boat is open to fresh air cross ventilation, we are comfortable with visitors who have a quality mask (N95 or Filti 95) and take under 10 minutes inside the boat. That’s plenty of time for a 26 foot boat. You can take as many pics or video as you want, but please keep in mind that by then we will have been living on this boat for over 30 days!

We do not have any serious medical COVID risk factors, but many attendees do, and a “sorry, medical issues” comment MUST be enough in these tough times to elicit a ‘understood, many thanks, maybe next year!’ response on the part of anyone seeking a ‘look’.

Our questions limit is 101, unless you provide the wine.

Safe travels to all!
John
hardee

City/Region: Sequim
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
Vessel Name: Sleepy-C
Photos: SleepyC
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, I could go well past 10 minutes just checking out your helm station Mr. Green

Maybe next year Wink

You all have a great time down there. That clear blue water sure is pretty.

Harvey
SleepyC Moon

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is there anyone who would permit a boat tour and possibly entertain about 100 (mostly dumb) newby questions?

I am sure you will find all the answers--As long as the distancing etc is maintained. You can certainly come aboard--look around and then the crew can answer questions from the safe distance...

Many of us are "old"--really old--sailors.

There will be a moderated session on Wednesday AM on modifications to the boats. Plenty of opinions will be represented.

Welcome aboard.

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
colbysmith

City/Region: Madison
State or Province: WI
C-Dory Year: 2009
Vessel Name: C-Traveler
Photos: C-Traveler and Midnight-Flyer
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping everyone has a good time. It’s been a favorite event for me for the past 6 or7 years, and we plan to return next year.While we decided to forego attending this year, we are on the River now heading north. Water appears to be up, although we still managed to bump bottom here in Silver Glen Springs coming around the North Side. And it’s busy even on a Monday! Blue Creek is as scenic as ever and this year our bird house count was 74! Ed Stone is busy on weekends and we saw trailers parked on the other side of the road. With all the rain there is some standing water in the lower area of the longer rig parking area alongside the highway. There is also some construction materials in that area near the park entrance. If anyone is inclined to do some sunken treasure hunting I managed to lose a fairly new prop about 30’ off the center of that large dock closest to the bathrooms! (Hub failure possibly? Went into reverse and then had nothing in either reverse or forward. When I lifted the outboard all I had left was the Rubix rubber hub)... Sad One last comment. 6 mph in a 22 does throw a bit of a wake. You really need to be below 5 mph. Have a great gathering and maybe we’ll see some of you on the River. Colby
Molly Brown

City/Region: Punta Gorda
C-Dory Year: 2003
C-Dory Model: 24 Tomcat
Vessel Name: MOLLY BROWN
Photos: Molly Brown
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colby....

Betty and I just arrived in gator country this morning since leaving Punta Gorda in early January, currently on the hook in in Sixmile Creek near Green Cove Springs. We’ve been reminiscing of our pancake breakfast at Ponce De Leon Springs. Headed in your direction little by little so who knows we might hook up again. If not, please report back how you find the “mud” stretch across Spring Garden Lake. 51 nights onboard, of which 8 were marina nights, and all but 2 we were the only boat in the marina so we should be safe. I saw a study that showed smokers like me were less likely to get COVID so I should be double safe, though Betty reminds me that if I do get it I’ll be dead Wink
Either way, it’s great to be a river rat again!!!

James

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> C-Brat Cruises and Gatherings All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: