The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

CD25 Cabin Door Keys

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sea Angel

City/Region: Virginia Beach, VA
State or Province: VA
Photos: Sea Angel
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: CD25 Cabin Door Keys Reply with quote

Hi All;

Do be very careful with your cabin door keys! Be forwarned!

I had passed my working copy to a marine service dealer to perform my 100hr service... AND somehow the service mech LOST the key which was/is on a large grey foam float with the boat reg. number & name on it.

There isn't a serial number on the lock, that I have found. [ I have been known to miss a detail or two now and again.] I have another key, thanks to the wisdom of the fine folks at C-Dory. My dealer, Cutter Marine, even warned me that this could happen, but at last they are in Baltimore area & I am in Norfolk/VA Beach. VA. I know that they would not have allowed this to happen if they did the service.

I have not found a locksmith who can make a replacement locally, yet. So the challenge continues till I either find a Master Locksmith who can manufacture a blank et all , or the folks at C-Dory can come to my rescue and matchup my HIN with the door/lock combo.

Please, guard your keys!

Sea Angel

CBRAT #208
2005 CD25 #075 SEA ANGEL (SOLD)
USCGAUX (RET), USN(RET)
Broadcast TV ENG(RET)
ka1rx@verizon.net
CAVU

City/Region: Spokane
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2002
C-Dory Model: 22 Cruiser
Vessel Name: CAVU
Photos: CAVU
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art,
I easily ordered new keys for my 2002 22' cruiser from the company Mobella. If it is the same lock as the 22 the number is 727-531-7779. You will need the 3 digit code from your other key.

Anita Marie

City/Region: Oak Harbor
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 2005
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: Anita Marie
Photos: Anita Marie and Little Buddy
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art, the door on the 25 uses a lockset by TrioVing out of Norway. Here in Seattle there is a locksmith that has blanks for that lock. If you can't find a local source let me know. I know that the blanks are about $6.00 apiece. I had 6 spares made for my boat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Cockpit and Accessories All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: