The C-Brats Forum Index
HomeForumsMy TopicsCalendarEvent SignupsMemberlistOur C-DorysThe Brat MapPhotos

SOLD - Venture 23 Cape Cruiser 2006, asking $45,000

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baxter

City/Region: Sheridan
State or Province: WY
C-Dory Year: 2006
C-Dory Model: 23 Venture
Vessel Name: Baxter ll
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject: SOLD - Venture 23 Cape Cruiser 2006, asking $45,000 Reply with quote

twin 2007 Honda 50s 630 hrs. Bimini with clear enclosure. Engines been carefully maintained. Will be in Anacortes, WA May 11 Tuesday then Friday Harbor12-16 May for CBrats Gathering. Happy to show and water test.
If you want pictures and equipment list please send your e-mail and I will send picture and info sheet. Also I will send you my cell number I will use In WA. Traveling I 90 Then Washington hwy 20 to Antecortes leaving Sunday
Sheridan Wy Sunday. I am not good at technology.

bucknerbuck2

City/Region: COMMERCE TOWNSHIP
State or Province: MI
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure do wish you were in the Great Lakes. I would be buying this today. I'm sure it won't last long. Very Happy
bshillam

City/Region: Bellingham
State or Province: WA
C-Dory Year: 1981
Vessel Name: Heaven To Me
Photos: My Heaven
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not arrange for shipping? I got a guy that typically charges 1.25-1.5 per mile coming back from Oregon to the east. He might give you a deal!
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Baxter II is really up for sale!

In the link below, you will see our photo of Baxter II taken in Desolation Sound in May of 2019. The photo shows both Marigene and Craig, the owners. They are wonderful people and I am personally sad to see them sell the boat. I know it comes from mixed reservations on their part. This boat is really nice and they are the second owners of it. If you are interested in buying it, I recommend that you put a deposit on it today, get your marine survey set-up and have cash ready because it should sell very quickly.

http://www.c-brats.com/modules.php?set_albumName=album3051&id=20_Baxter_II&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

thataway

City/Region: Pensacola
State or Province: FL
C-Dory Year: 2007
C-Dory Model: 25 Cruiser
Vessel Name: thataway
Photos: Thataway
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may or may not find a 23 for sale currently in the Great Lakes area. It is not unusual to travel some distance (I bought all of my C Dorys at least 1200 miles from my "home"..except the Tom Cat--and that was new and only 200 miles away.

Baxter II is for sale right now, I have talked with the owner, and I believe it is a good buy. He leaves for Friday Harbor on Sunday. As with many good boats, it probably will not be on the market long. Wyoming is a lot closer than Florida or Seattle, to the Great Lakes.

If I was serious about buying a 23, I would be on the phone arranging a showing before the boat leaves for Friday Harbor on Sunday. I say if you find a good boat for saie and wait you may be sorry. I had looked for over 6 months before I bought my current 27. (and it was about 1200 miles away).

Thisaway 2006 22' CDory November 2011 to May 2018
Caracal 18 140 Suzuki 2007 to present
Thataway TomCat 255 150 Suzukis June 2006 thru August 2011
C Pelican; 1992, 22 Cruiser, 2002 thru 2006
Frequent Sea; 2003 C D 25, 2007 thru 2009
KA6PKB
Home port: Pensacola FL
DayBreak

City/Region: Monmouth, Or.
State or Province: OR
C-Dory Year: 2018
Vessel Name: DayBreak
Photos: DayBreak
PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bob. You make some good points. I have found that these boats are not as available as the 22 Cruiser which is a good boat by the way. 2006 is the first year of the 23 Cape Cruiser model design. When they first came into production, we did a road trip as a family and took a tour of the factory where they were made in Kent, Washington. Who knows, we may have seen this very boat on the production floor way back when. Hope it goes to a deserving family that will enjoy it for many years as Craig and Marigene have.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The C-Brats Forum Index -> Marketplace Reference All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: